Frisco Water Tower Reference.

TornadoKegan

Frisco Water Tower Reference.

Postby TornadoKegan » 14 Oct 2023 10:03

Hello I heard there is going to be a new water Tower at PGA Pkwy and Preston Rd, I was wondering if anyone can get any pictures on progress, I am Making a Map in a game called American Truck Simulator, and am wanting to recreate the area, i also cant physically get down there, as i am about 3+ hours away, and would have to set aside a whole day just to get images on my own

zaphod

Re: Frisco Water Tower Reference.

Postby zaphod » 11 Nov 2023 08:16

Sorry I don't have any information on that. Sometime in about 2 or 3 years if Google Earth ever creates a 3D view of that area, the path tool will allow you to measure on the 3D polygon to get generalized measurements.

It seems like nearly all new water towers in North Texas seem to be of the "composite elevated tank" variety, although they still build the spherical steel ones too. You might find information buried on Frisco's website about who they awarded the bid to or what the permits say about the design. You could Google that term and find a builder of those towers and use pictures as a reference.

I know the struggle, I used to make custom building assets for Simcity 4 back about a million years ago.