The New North Dallas

tamtagon
Site Admin

The New North Dallas

Postby tamtagon » 17 Nov 2016 08:53

http://www.dmagazine.com/business-econo ... of-it-all/
Why North Dallas Is The Center of It All
Drilling down into the numbers behind this big, healthy, rapidly expanding market.

BY CHUCK DANNIS NOVEMBER 16, 2016

Last month I was asked by the private wealth team at Bank Of Texas in Plano to give a presentation on the general commercial real estate market in North Dallas. So, my first question was, “How do you define North Dallas?” It’s a valid question, because when I got started in the business, North Dallas ended, on the north, at Forest Lane.

Collectively, we decided the “new-new” geographic area we call North Dallas could be generally defined as being bounded by U.S. 75 (North Central Expressway) on the east, Interstate 35E on the west; Interstate 635 on the south, and, at this time, U.S. 380 on the north. When viewed on a map, this geographic area looks like a windshield-wiper swath, with its axis at the Dallas North Tollway and 635, the wiper goes east to Central, swings back west to I-35, topping out on the north at U.S. 380.

With this area in mind, and using data from CoStar, MPF, ERSI and citymaps.com, I culled together a few interesting factors about North Dallas and why it is, to many, the center of it all.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DPatel304

Re: The New North Dallas

Postby DPatel304 » 17 Nov 2016 12:26

North Dallas is still the same. What they are describing is North DFW. But yes, I see what they are trying to say about how important the northern suburbs have become lately.