JLL Turtle Creek Tower

Tnexster

JLL Turtle Creek Tower

Postby Tnexster » 25 Feb 2021 10:19

Houston developer buys tiny Turtle Creek building site
Apartment firm takes vacant property across from Oak Lawn Park.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... ding-site/

A Houston-based apartment developer has purchased one of the last vacant properties on Dallas’ Turtle Creek.

The tiny, half-acre site is on Hall Street at Turtle Creek Boulevard – just across from Oak Lawn Park.

The building site is surrounded by the Renaissance on Turtle Creek condominium towers.

cowboyeagle05

Re: JLL Turtle Creek Tower

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 25 Feb 2021 10:49

Keep in mind yall the rendering is not of an actual planned development its a concept created by JLL to market the land to a developer. So it will probably look very different than the cut off image we see here.
“Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell”

R1070

Postby R1070 » 25 Feb 2021 11:22

This will be a great spot.

DPatel304

Postby DPatel304 » 25 Feb 2021 11:29

Turtle Creek is really struggling getting anything off the ground these days, and the residents of The Renaissance will certainly push back hard on this thing.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 25 Feb 2021 11:47

There was a plan for this site years ago, as in many years ago which obviously didn't make it. Maybe something will come to fruition this time.

I45Tex

Postby I45Tex » 20 Jun 2022 14:16

3407 Hall Street is the address and the owner is still Marketspace.Capital of Houston but no new info sorry

R1070

Postby R1070 » 20 Jun 2022 21:33

This building will have great views of Turtle Creek if it ever gets built.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 31 Jul 2023 11:18

Remember this property and potential new tower?

Condo association bids millions for property some don’t want; board removal sought
Some owners at The Renaissance on Turtle Creek fear a purchase of an adjacent property will cause foreclosures and burdensome fees

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... al-sought/

Lance Erickson, an attorney who represents landlords, developers and property owners associations as a partner with Manning & Meyers Attorneys at Law, said that while “there is no concrete plan for acquisition and no genuine threat of a large special assessment,” the condominium’s bylaws indicate the purchase can’t be made without the residents outside the board.

“Yes, the Association can add property to the condominium. However, the board cannot do it unilaterally, and the Association cannot do it without significant support of the Association members and the first lien holders,” Erickson told The News.

potatocoins

Postby potatocoins » 31 Jul 2023 12:28

I used to live in that building, and glad I sold my condo in 2021. Given that people are fighting against this, and it sounds like they 'only' bid $2 million I feel like maybe either the people fighting against this bid will win, or that the bid itself isn't large enough to succeed. Either way, seems like a pretty dumb decision.

I have no idea how involved/expensive this would be, but I could have gotten on board with the Renaissance buying this piece of land and building some condos there. It would be cool if they could figure out how to consolidate the A tower and B tower lobbies there into one grand entrance that services both buildings, perhaps consolidate some of the amenities like the gym, and build more units in the old common spaces/gyms, etc.

It'll never happen and it's way too complicated/costly to even be feasible, but the only way a purchase of this land makes sense is if they have some plan to actually generate additional revenue from it and eventually earn back the money they spent and then some.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 31 Jul 2023 16:37

Didn't take long....

After dust-up, condo association postpones board meeting for ‘informational session’
The Renaissance on Turtle Creek’s condo association changed the nature of a Tuesday meeting after resident dissatisfaction with plans to buy an adjacent property

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2023/07 ... l-session/

potatocoins

Postby potatocoins » 31 Jul 2023 17:23

Lol. Perhaps they were thinking this move would be more popular than it actually was. It's a massive community, and the majority of people aren't vocal or active at all on stuff like this. Perhaps the board was just getting feedback from people who agreed with them and thinking that this was representative of a lot more residents than it actually was.

I wonder if something will ever be built on this lot. It's not exactly an attractive piece of land for a developer either. I get building something there would get in the way of The Renaissance, but that kinda goes both ways and any new tower is going to be boxed in by the Renaissance and will have to share the same roads as the community. I get that's part of living in a city, I just feel like there are many more attractive pieces of land that would be snatched up and re-developed way before this one ever makes sense.

The main thing this has going for it would be facing the park and being close to the Katy Trail.

turtlecreek

Postby turtlecreek » 31 Jul 2023 18:45

potatocoins wrote:Lol. Perhaps they were thinking this move would be more popular than it actually was. It's a massive community, and the majority of people aren't vocal or active at all on stuff like this. Perhaps the board was just getting feedback from people who agreed with them and thinking that this was representative of a lot more residents than it actually was.

I wonder if something will ever be built on this lot. It's not exactly an attractive piece of land for a developer either. I get building something there would get in the way of The Renaissance, but that kinda goes both ways and any new tower is going to be boxed in by the Renaissance and will have to share the same roads as the community. I get that's part of living in a city, I just feel like there are many more attractive pieces of land that would be snatched up and re-developed way before this one ever makes sense.

The main thing this has going for it would be facing the park and being close to the Katy Trail.

I live here, and only know of two or three of people outside of the board that agree with the purchase. The vast majority that I’ve spoken to are against the purchase with the limited detail that’s been released so far. This whole thing really seems to have galvanized the community, I’ve met more neighbors in the last two weeks than in the previous amount of time combined. Tomorrows informational session is going to be interesting, for sure.

DBadger

Postby DBadger » 01 Aug 2023 09:03

This is more about the audacity of the board to make such decision/offer and not the actual decision.
Association; refers to home owners not the board. The board represents the association in actions allowed by the bylaws and other governing laws. when 51% of the homeowners are present, that trumps any board decision.
The problem is this is only one of thousands of illegal decisions - or at least unethical, depending on bylaws - done by Boards everyday due to almost no knowledge of what their limits are. Making decisions on what repairs get done first or who gets favors.
For the most part, 'most' management companies become Board lap dogs approving everything they want to do. And if you don't want any arguments, just announce meetings about HOA fees increase and no one shows up and the saga continues.
This one got caught, but what will you do? Go to DMN everytime someone gets forclosed on because of criminal Boards?