Dallas Fort Worth Urban Forum

Uptown Dallas: 2811 Maple (~30 ST)

tamtagon
Site Admin

Uptown Dallas: 2811 Maple (~30 ST)

Postby tamtagon » 24 Apr 2020 05:51

This part of town continues to emerge as the most expensive residential neighborhood in North Texas.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... le-avenue/

By Steve Brown
Apr 24, 2020

...Crescent Real Estate plans to build the more than 30-floor luxury residential tower on Maple Avenue between the Stoneleigh Hotel and the Crescent...The high-rise is set to go up at 2811 Maple Ave., just north of Cedar Springs. The tower would replace a low-rise commercial building.

“It could have been office or hospitality, but after some analysis of the market, luxury, multifamily became the obvious and logical choice.” The building will have about 220 rental units that average 1,200 square feet in size, which is significantly larger than the typical new Uptown apartment. “We thought the market needed a project really geared to a different clientele than other buildings in Uptown we have seen,” Pitchford said. “There is a place in the market for a higher-end project. “There will be a really good mix of two-bedroom and three-bedroom units a more mature, professional audience will appreciate.”

... most floors will have only six to eight rental units... five levels of underground parking,”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

eburress

Re: New Uptown Tower

Postby eburress » 24 Apr 2020 08:00

I like it! Get 'er done!

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 24 Apr 2020 09:54

Sad to see the building they are tearing down go. Its been empty ever since I noticed it years ago so I get it but this section of Uptown definitely seems to be a hotspot right now. This high rise looks nice and they are obviously targeting empty nesters rather than college students/20 something club goers.
“Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell”

Zmitz

Postby Zmitz » 24 Apr 2020 09:57

This area will be much better after all of this, especially if the Concrete Cowboy and Quadrangle sites' development materializes.

LBK2013

Postby LBK2013 » 24 Apr 2020 11:13

cowboyeagle05 wrote:Sad to see the building they are tearing down go. Its been empty ever since I noticed it years ago so I get it but this section of Uptown definitely seems to be a hotspot right now. This high rise looks nice and they are obviously targeting empty nesters rather than college students/20 something club goers.

Why are you sad? It doesn't look to be a very interesting building there now.

Tivo_Kenevil

Postby Tivo_Kenevil » 24 Apr 2020 11:41

The only thing that's kinda a bummer is the amount of units. It's not that dense.

There's also a bigger need for more affordable units.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 24 Apr 2020 12:44

LBK2013 wrote:
cowboyeagle05 wrote:Sad to see the building they are tearing down go. Its been empty ever since I noticed it years ago so I get it but this section of Uptown definitely seems to be a hotspot right now. This high rise looks nice and they are obviously targeting empty nesters rather than college students/20 something club goers.

thomas building.jpg

It's just the building has more character than most commercial buildings in Dallas.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 24 Apr 2020 13:15

Glad to see the more pedestrian oriented parts of town become more built up.

DPatel304

Postby DPatel304 » 24 Apr 2020 13:51

"There will be a really good mix of two-bedroom and three-bedroom units a more mature, professional audience will appreciate.”

I'm glad to see the local economy seems to still be moving forward, and glad to see they are providing some three bedroom units, which might help encourage more families to move into the area and diversify the demographics a little more.

vman

Postby vman » 24 Apr 2020 14:50

cowboyeagle05 wrote:
LBK2013 wrote:

thomas building.jpg

It's just the building has more character than most commercial buildings in Dallas.

I’ve always liked the Thomas Building too.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 24 Apr 2020 15:39

I know it's not historical and I wouldn't stop this high rise development ever to preserve it but it's funny there are far less attractive buildings in that area I wouldn't mind seeing toppled for a high rise but the one I think actually looks like it could be perfect for a number of uses sits empty and is about to be demoed.

At least we are getting buried parking here as well. No street-level garage with a tower slapped on top.

utgf

Postby utgf » 24 Apr 2020 17:33

Hopefully does not meet the street with a wall and/or a valet car park, continuing the current trend of new buildings in the area being less integrated with the streets than the older ones they are replacing.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 25 Apr 2020 14:54

cowboyeagle05 wrote:
LBK2013 wrote:

thomas building.jpg

I'm not sure I have ever noticed this building. But I do agree it does have more character than most.

mhainli

Postby mhainli » 26 Apr 2020 18:32

Kudos to Crescent for proposing a taller tower, putting the parking underground, and caring about pedestrians and streetscape on their frontage. Other developers should take note.

dzh

Postby dzh » 26 Apr 2020 19:05

Hopefully Kairoi (across the street), does similar things with their pedestrian access. It'd be the least they could do considering that they're building a non mixed-use development in a location that is primed for it.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 28 Apr 2020 21:29

Like to see more renderings but so far I think this building looks pretty nice. Glad it's at least 30 floors.