Downtown Dallas: Bank of America Plaza

dallaz

Downtown Dallas: Bank of America Plaza

Postby dallaz » 08 Apr 2019 07:53

Dallas' Bank of America Plaza, downtown's tallest skyscraper, is for sale

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... plaza-sale

For a building this size, it has a terrible ground level. Some parts of the property have inadequate sidewalks (I’m not sure if a strip of pavers could be considered a sidewalk). Just try walking on the Lamar St. side of the property. And let’s not forget the motor court. The worst idea ever...

Jay9398

Re: Downtown Dallas: Bank of America Plaza

Postby Jay9398 » 08 Apr 2019 08:26

"The owners have received approvals to construct a 15-story, 1,500-car parking garage on Commerce Street that would serve the high-rise."

Awesome. :roll:

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 08 Apr 2019 09:42

Yeah, as usual, the owners get all the approvals ready for a major reinvestment and put it up for sale so the next owner can build the garage. Same was done with Fountain Place and other properties in Downtown. You get all the city approvals in place then the new owner has a chance to rethink plans. Remember the previous owner of Fountain place proposed the garage exclusively where the Amli Fountain Place is going up now.
“Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell”

muncien

Postby muncien » 08 Apr 2019 09:56

cowboyeagle05 wrote:Yeah, as usual, the owners get all the approvals ready for a major reinvestment and put it up for sale so the next owner can build the garage. Same was done with Fountain Place and other properties in Downtown. You get all the city approvals in place then the new owner has a chance to rethink plans. Remember the previous owner of Fountain place proposed the garage exclusively where the Amli Fountain Place is going up now.

I was thinking the exact same thing... Hopefully, any potential buyer for BofA plaza has more ambition that what the current owner has lined up...
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 08 Apr 2019 11:19

dallaz wrote:Dallas' Bank of America Plaza, downtown's tallest skyscraper, is for sale

Steve, Steve, Steve... SMH "The 72-story Bank of America Plaza is the second-tallest building in Texas".

Bank of America Plaza is not, and has never been, the second tallest building in Texas. It is the third-tallest building in Texas.

Mgreen15

Postby Mgreen15 » 08 Apr 2019 20:28

Tucy wrote:
dallaz wrote:Dallas' Bank of America Plaza, downtown's tallest skyscraper, is for sale

Steve, Steve, Steve... SMH "The 72-story Bank of America Plaza is the second-tallest building in Texas".

Bank of America Plaza is not, and has never been, the second tallest building in Texas. It is the third-tallest building in Texas.

Yeah I saw this too, poor Steve. My only thought is that he may have meant to say 2nd largest, which is true in terms of square footage.

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 08 Apr 2019 23:46

Mgreen15 wrote:
Tucy wrote:

Yeah I saw this too, poor Steve. My only thought is that he may have meant to say 2nd largest, which is true in terms of square footage.

No. I'm confident he just confused floor count with height.

Hannibal Lecter

Postby Hannibal Lecter » 09 Apr 2019 12:31

When it was announced it was supposed to be the 10th tallest in the world, but the rest of the world went on a building spree and left it behind.

I45Tex

Postby I45Tex » 09 Apr 2019 17:34

It was #14 or 15 when completed, nothing to sneeze at. Houstonians claim to have played the role of "the Dubai of the time" (investment magnet, infinite growth, willingness to spend to be set apart from the pack)

http://offcite.org/citemagazine/

...but our buildings were no slouches.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 13 Apr 2019 09:51

Downtown Dallas' tallest tower lands a large legal tenant

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... gal-tenant

THRILLHO

Postby THRILLHO » 08 Jun 2021 13:44

It's described as Mint's "corporate office"... I hope that includes a standard dentist office so I can get my teeth cleaned from the 71st floor.

CTroyMathis
Site Admin

Postby CTroyMathis » 08 Jun 2021 18:05

So many dental jokes to apply to them filling this space up around the crown of the tower! They might have a cap on number of employees in the office so proper periodic cleanings can be performed.

Ok, I'm outta here.

Tivo_Kenevil

Postby Tivo_Kenevil » 08 Jun 2021 19:01

Mint Dentistry so extra w everything. Lol

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 09 Jun 2021 09:09

Tivo_Kenevil wrote:Mint Dentistry so extra w everything. Lol

I was trying to be civil and just share the news but yeah, gtfo here with this Mint. They're the most stereotypically Dallas dentist there is... No words. (facepalm)

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 14 Jun 2021 22:08

And every dental school tells their students not to work for MINT so they are making an impact in some form.
“Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell”