Comprehensive Dallas Development Map / List

DPatel304

Re: Comprehensive Dallas Development Map / List

Postby DPatel304 » 07 Feb 2021 13:21

Thank you for sharing! This sounds interesting, so I'll definitely register.

Charioteer

Postby Charioteer » 22 Feb 2021 16:18

The February 25th virtual event has been rescheduled for March 2 because of the recent weather ‘unpleasantness’

https://www.downtowndallas.events/

DPatel304

Postby DPatel304 » 02 Mar 2021 12:02

CTroyMathis wrote:Here's something (FREE) to put on the ol' virtual calendar since it's up everyone's wheelhouse here:
https://downtowndallas.com/events/
https://marketscale.brand.live/c/we-are-downtown

Downtown Dallas, Inc. 2021 Annual Meeting, presented by Newpark Dallas by Hoque Global
by MarketScale
Thu, Feb 25, 12:00 PM

Register now for the DDI Annual Meeting, presented by Newpark Dallas by Hoque Global, for an extensive interactive program including the latest Downtown news and project features.

Attendees will get exclusive tours of some of the newest and most highly anticipated developments that are transforming the urban heart of our region. Learn why the third-fastest growing city in the U.S. is primed for business and residential relocation. Be reminded of the grit and drive of the people who make us so proud to say, "We Are Downtown.”

This is the only major annual event focused solely on telling the incredible story of Downtown Dallas. Thanks to the generous support of our sponsors, this event is free to attend.

This event was reschedule to today, by the way, because of the snow storm. It actually just started a few moments ago:
https://marketscale.brand.live/c/we-are-downtown

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 18 Apr 2022 00:12

Hi everyone,

Just an update on this. A few months ago, I went through and added a bunch of projects to try to get this map somewhat up-to-date, as well as added renders, info, and links to a large number of projects. Tried to standardize naming on as many as possible (Format: City Name - Project Name (Area/District if applicable/available).

Additionally, I've been working on my own development tracker. Have a massive personal database, but wasn't all that organized nor elegant (up to my OCD standards), so I've started moving all of the data into a nice, publicly accessible format.

Went ahead and made URL redirects through my own personal website so it's easier to access/remember these links.

The existing development map on Google My Maps can be found at: https://undefinedprocess.com/devmap

The development tracker I've created and am working on myself can be found at: https://undefinedprocess.com/devtracker

The tracker I'm making should open up in a "gallery" sort of view with thumbnails of the project. If it opens up with a list of cities, just click/tap the arrows to the left of the city's name to expand the view. See a project you want more information on? Tap the thumbnail/card in the gallery to open that project's page. In each page, there's a standardized format of tags (status, project type, etc.), as well as "toggle sections" (same arrow that you click/tap to expand for more info). These sections include renders/images, information/notes, and misc. links to articles and filings (if available).

Doing my best to maintain both of these but it's a lot of work, especially to my own self-imposed OCD standards. :lol: Regardless, I hope you all enjoy! Please let me know your thoughts, especially any improvements to the tracker at https://undefinedprocess.com/devtracker

OrangeMike

Postby OrangeMike » 18 Apr 2022 08:29

undefinedprocess wrote:Please let me know your thoughts, especially any improvements to the tracker at https://undefinedprocess.com/devtracker

This is fantastic. Thanks for sharing it with the rest of us.

potatocoins

Postby potatocoins » 18 Apr 2022 10:01

This is awesome work, thank you so much for doing this! It's honestly overwhelming to try and keep up with all the projects going on these days (which is a great problem to have), so I'm glad to see everything displayed in a single source.

DBadger

Postby DBadger » 20 Apr 2022 11:50

Very nice. I will be visiting it often :)

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 20 Apr 2022 15:22

This is fantastic!

undefinedprocess wrote:Hi everyone,

The existing development map on Google My Maps can be found at: https://undefinedprocess.com/devmap

The development tracker I've created and am working on myself can be found at: https://undefinedprocess.com/devtracker

citygeek

Postby citygeek » 02 May 2022 09:58

This is great. Thanks for all your work on this. I just love all us city nerds, lol!
"To love ..(a).. city and to have a part in its advancement and improvement is the highest priority and duty of a citizen."
Daniel Burnham, 1909

rickbansal

Postby rickbansal » 04 May 2022 06:51

Really good stuff @undefinedprocess!!

Have you thought about adding the following content to each item:
- total height
- number of stories

Just in case you're looking for some recommendations ;=}

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 06 May 2022 00:47

rickbansal wrote:Really good stuff @undefinedprocess!!

- total height
- number of stories

I have that information in many of the projects "Information & Notes" sections (if it's available), but I've gone ahead and added as a database property so you can sort by that now. Going to take a lot of time to re-add the heights/floor counts into these new fields, but I'll get around to catching up soon (been working on this tonight for a few hours already, going to be a late one :lol:). Also went ahead and added fields for unit counts (obviously not applicable in some cases) and total square footage (hard to find unless on an office tower).

Thanks for the recommendation! Always try to get this info anyways, but your suggestion made me add it as a database property, which really does work well in this setup.

rickbansal

Postby rickbansal » 06 May 2022 08:45

undefinedprocess wrote:
rickbansal wrote:Really good stuff @undefinedprocess!!

- total height
- number of stories

I have that information in many of the projects "Information & Notes" sections (if it's available), but I've gone ahead and added as a database property so you can sort by that now. Going to take a lot of time to re-add the heights/floor counts into these new fields, but I'll get around to catching up soon (been working on this tonight for a few hours already, going to be a late one :lol:). Also went ahead and added fields for unit counts (obviously not applicable in some cases) and total square footage (hard to find unless on an office tower).

Thanks for the recommendation! Always try to get this info anyways, but your suggestion made me add it as a database property, which really does work well in this setup.

Good stuff! Thanks for doing this.

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 19 May 2022 16:39

To whoever deleted the entire DFW suburbs portion of the development map...

Your mom's a NIMBY.

DBadger

Postby DBadger » 28 Oct 2022 12:21

Guys,
Am I missing something? This is one of my goto maps and I love checking it out.
In the last couple of days, I don't see any of the projects on the map anymore.
Is it on my end?

wbarch

Postby wbarch » 31 Oct 2022 19:09

oh no, we lost the map once before. can it be recovered again?

DBadger

Postby DBadger » 07 Nov 2022 19:14

A lot of it is back.
Thank you for doing all that work. Appreciated!!

DFW

Postby DFW » 23 Oct 2023 10:48

Anyone know what is under construction at a huge lot west side of Stemmons Frwy before getting to Regal Row?

I45Tex

Postby I45Tex » 26 Oct 2023 02:32

Oh man. Why not just convert hospital floors in the former Parkland which are sitting completely empty now that they've obsolete for medical uses? They'd be fine as a Ronald McDonald House and they'd be fine as stable springboards for community members who are rent-stressed, living in their cars or downright down and out. Call it a vocational residency program dormitory and offer yearlong midcareer "career change" sabbaticals to applicants.