West Dallas: Trinity Groves

R1070

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves

Postby R1070 » 08 Dec 2020 14:13

I think it’s just part of it.

DPatel304

Postby DPatel304 » 08 Dec 2020 14:49

That makes the most sense. It's a pretty sizeable parking lot, so I can't imagine a beer garden taking up that whole space.

DFW

Postby DFW » 29 Dec 2020 09:30

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 29 Dec 2020 10:00

One of the things I like about TG is how you can see downtown and the bridge from almost anywhere you are in the area. Guess that will be done. Kinda wish they wouldn't put up a 30 story wall right there but rather move it somewhere that it keeps that view open.

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 29 Dec 2020 10:45

DFW wrote:30-story tower and a hotel.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... nt-reboot/

Is there any news here? It looks like a Steve Brown special - usually he waits more like 6 months to reprint developer puff pieces, but for this one he didn't even wait a full two months.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 29 Dec 2020 11:11

I hadn't noticed the info about the timber mid-rise building but I may have missed his last puff piece.

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 29 Dec 2020 11:31

Tnexster wrote:I hadn't noticed the info about the timber mid-rise building but I may have missed his last puff piece.

It looks like Steve didn't get that "news" in his earlier puff piece, but other outlets told us about the timber mid-rise a couple months prior to Steve's November piece.

Tivo_Kenevil

Postby Tivo_Kenevil » 29 Dec 2020 18:32

So I guess Dallas is okay with planting big stand alone parking garages right in front of a residential neighborhood. Can you imagine if this was proposed anywhere else...i see no real "master plan" in connecting and respecting the existing neighborhood..

willyk

Postby willyk » 30 Dec 2020 05:44

Is there data that indicates demand for high rise office in this neighborhood? I am concerned that this will be a white elephant.

MC_ScattCat

Postby MC_ScattCat » 30 Dec 2020 09:25

I'm curious if the neighborhood between TG and the levee will be gentrified. Right now it's still hasn't changed much unlike the rest of north oak cliff in this area.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 30 Dec 2020 09:48

Tivo_Kenevil wrote:So I guess Dallas is okay with planting big stand alone parking garages right in front of a residential neighborhood. Can you imagine if this was proposed anywhere else...i see no real "master plan" in connecting and respecting the existing neighborhood..

I think the master plan is to slowly eliminate those residential areas in favor of an ever larger Trinity Groves project. That would be consistent with their behavior so far.

MC_ScattCat

Postby MC_ScattCat » 30 Dec 2020 16:39

Hopefully, they will start on the three street underpasses on the UP railroad lines soon.

Thymant

Postby Thymant » 30 Dec 2020 22:57

Tnexster wrote:
Tivo_Kenevil wrote:So I guess Dallas is okay with planting big stand alone parking garages right in front of a residential neighborhood. Can you imagine if this was proposed anywhere else...i see no real "master plan" in connecting and respecting the existing neighborhood..

I think the master plan is to slowly eliminate those residential areas in favor of an ever larger Trinity Groves project. That would be consistent with their behavior so far.

In addition most homeowners in the neighborhood are counting on the increasing property values to either cash out and move or to hold on to the additional equity on the property. The neighborhood has already gentrified, the land is no longer dirt cheap and new home prices have exceeded $300,000 in certain areas. It’s just a matter of time before all the run down properties and vacant lots are updated. Plus the city of Dallas itself is offering cash buyouts for lower income families in the neighborhood who are living in houses in disrepair.

willyk

Postby willyk » 30 Dec 2020 23:25

In a positive development for the people in the neighborhood, a grocery store on Singleton at Hampton has opened after the building sat vacant for years.

Zmitz

Postby Zmitz » 11 Jan 2021 09:17

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... -approval/

It's hard to keep track of everything, I didn't know they were working on an office building other than the proposed tower.

Property owner West Dallas Investments has received approval from the Dallas City Plan Commission for the seven-story office building to be constructed at Singleton Boulevard and Herbert Street, just west of the Trinity Groves restaurant complex.

The entire development, including the parking garage, would be a maximum of 350,000 square feet.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 11 Jan 2021 10:01

Zmitz wrote:https://www.dallasnews.com/business/real-estate/2021/01/11/trinity-groves-office-building-gets-planning-approval/

It's hard to keep track of everything, I didn't know they were working on an office building other than the proposed tower.

Property owner West Dallas Investments has received approval from the Dallas City Plan Commission for the seven-story office building to be constructed at Singleton Boulevard and Herbert Street, just west of the Trinity Groves restaurant complex.

The entire development, including the parking garage, would be a maximum of 350,000 square feet.

Certainly the best pic we have seen so far.

Matt777

Postby Matt777 » 11 Jan 2021 15:05

I love that it looks different from the usual glass box. Looks to be a nice building, maybe single tenant for a small to midsize company? I would love to see dozens of custom buildings like this replace parking lots around central Dallas targeting small to midsize corporate relos. Not every relo has to be a big fish. Throw in some ground floor retail, and I'd be ecstatic.

vman

Postby vman » 11 Jan 2021 15:18

Matt777 wrote:I love that it looks different from the usual glass box. Looks to be a nice building, maybe single tenant for a small to midsize company? I would love to see dozens of custom buildings like this replace parking lots around central Dallas targeting small to midsize corporate relos. Not every relo has to be a big fish. Throw in some ground floor retail, and I'd be ecstatic.

Let's be honest, this building looks better than most of the taller office buildings put up in Dallas in the past couple of decades.

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 13 Jan 2021 11:07

Hoping & praying that more developments around DFW (both in-progress & future) pivot/include some variety like this thing. Very modern & clean, but has character, is somewhat warm & inviting, and would really add to the area.

DPatel304

Postby DPatel304 » 13 Jan 2021 11:15

I like the look. Hopefully it sets the tone for future development in the West Dallas area.

THRILLHO

Postby THRILLHO » 13 Jan 2021 12:31

It has a northwest vibe to it, and Dallas is starved of variety so I dig it.

willyk

Postby willyk » 14 Jan 2021 00:11

This is a big shift away from the glass towers they were showing. Makes me think they are getting serious about doing something, and focusing on what would work over there.

The_Overdog

Postby The_Overdog » 14 Jan 2021 09:08

I look it and I see a cruise ship or a barge.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 14 Jan 2021 09:17

Everyone is proposing a timber office tower these days as a trophy while at the same time proposing the same old steel and glass towers. Why is the timber building a hot thing to propose right now? They are proposing the same on the North End office project.
“Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell”

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 14 Jan 2021 10:44

cowboyeagle05 wrote:Everyone is proposing a timber office tower these days as a trophy while at the same time proposing the same old steel and glass towers. Why is the timber building a hot thing to propose right now? They are proposing the same on the North End office project.

I think they see that timber is working in other areas, so it’s a “Oh shucks hey yuck yuck yuck might as well throw one of them things in there yuck yuck yuck” response.
Please read the above in Goofy’s voice. That’s what DFW developer meetings are like.

MC_ScattCat

Postby MC_ScattCat » 27 Jan 2021 15:16

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... e-project/

I guess these will be going up along Singleton in front of the town homes. I'm really interested to see what the Atlas Metal property will become. Be fun to have it turn into a Farmers Market type concept.

Tivo_Kenevil

Postby Tivo_Kenevil » 27 Jan 2021 18:10

We need a grocery store in West Dallas. Tom thumb where u at?!

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 27 Jan 2021 19:38

There is already a grocery store space at Singleton and Hampton Road. There won't be enough demand for an Urban stacked store like the recent Tom Thumbs in Uptown and Deep Ellum. The good thing is so many units on their way to this side of town is making it harder and harder for stores like Tom Thumb, Kroger, even Sprouts to ignore and start planning on where they might capitalize on the upward mobility of this area. They are all fighting but WALMART is on I-30 is already serving the market so it's not like it's as bad as it could be.

anon

Postby anon » 28 Jan 2021 02:30

Tivo_Kenevil wrote:We need a grocery store in West Dallas. Tom thumb where u at?!

In addition to the Fiesta on Hampton, there's also a Jerry's a couple of blocks further down Singleton.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 28 Jan 2021 10:29

I do most of my grocery shopping at Cox Farms in Sylvan 30. Very nice little store and seems to be doing well.

cruzch

Re: West Dallas: Trinity Groves Atlas Plant at Singleton and Sylvan

Postby cruzch » 12 Feb 2021 21:54

Saw this this afternoon.

Atlas plant up for sale. Does anyone have additional insight?

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... he-market/

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 13 Feb 2021 11:23

Well the reason its in the DMN is cause the agent is trying to stir up interest. Seems like it recently went on the market and this is a part of the initial marketing push. I do hope who ever buys will do something cool with the existing building rather than just more of the same old apartments. Even a Trader Joes plus some other retail/restaurants in the old Atlas Building would be better than just the same boring luxury apartments for that corner. There is enough land to do apartments or more townhomes plus something unique with the Atlas building. Could we see maybe a Gym and a Grocery store in such a unique building? I doubt someone will do another FOOD HALL since the office market hasn't really blossomed over hear yet and Trinity Groves is having its own ups and downs.

Here is the link to the listing on the realtors website. https://db2re.com/property_listings/818-singleton-blvd/

homeworld1031tx

Postby homeworld1031tx » 14 Feb 2021 13:12

Any word on what is happening to the company, Atlas Metal Works? They did some waterjet cutting work for me back in 2015 and were very helpful considering my project was quite small relative to their normal scale. Hope the business is doing OK and that they're maybe able to move into more modern facilities. Their site doesn't appear to have any news on them moving, from a quick glance.

CTroyMathis
Site Admin

Postby CTroyMathis » 13 Jul 2021 17:16

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 01 Feb 2022 11:04

Another West Dallas apartment community in the works
Singleton Boulevard project would be near popular Trinity Groves.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... the-works/

I45Tex

Postby I45Tex » 20 Oct 2023 19:25

The developers of Trinity Groves bruited an office design of more than 30 floors at one point, and it wasn't the only time they talked about upcoming highrises; now that they've gained some extra clarity from the broader market about what is going to fly right now, it would seem wiser to go upward with residential towers.

Modera et al are using up the land (and the opportunity to add to a local feel, let alone add popular retail uses, much less build a memorable landmark) with luxury donut barf that is available everywhere from Duncanville to Celina.
... 204 apartment homes and 4,000 square feet of retail space doesn't do much at all. If that is their level of conviction about the value of the property then they should sell it to someone with a more reasonable, dare I say excellent, expectation of success.

ContriveDallasite

Postby ContriveDallasite » 26 Oct 2023 09:37

I45Tex wrote:The developers of Trinity Groves bruited an office design of more than 30 floors at one point, and it wasn't the only time they talked about upcoming highrises; now that they've gained some extra clarity from the broader market about what is going to fly right now, it would seem wiser to go upward with residential towers.

Modera et al are using up the land (and the opportunity to add to a local feel, let alone add popular retail uses, much less build a memorable landmark) with luxury donut barf that is available everywhere from Duncanville to Celina.
... 204 apartment homes and 4,000 square feet of retail space doesn't do much at all. If that is their level of conviction about the value of the property then they should sell it to someone with a more reasonable, dare I say excellent, expectation of success.

Modera will make money doing what they know how to do. The city should up-the-ante and force developers to be more creative with their land usage. But who are we kidding, this is still Dallas...