The Link at Uptown

Urban Toreador

Re: The Link at Uptown

Postby Urban Toreador » 30 Mar 2022 15:39

Anyone know how leasing is going for this building? From where I live I can see into it and it doesn't look like much buildout has taken place yet....

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 30 Mar 2022 16:02

Urban Toreador wrote:Anyone know how leasing is going for this building? From where I live I can see into it and it doesn't look like much buildout has taken place yet....

From this, it appears to be slightly less than 50% leased. https://property.jll.com/listings/the-l ... 1-olive-st

And according to this, they didn't sign their first lease until January, after the building was completed? https://www.dmagazine.com/commercial-re ... at-uptown/

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 11 Apr 2022 14:04

More good news for The Link. PMG leases 50K sf.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... ce-tenant/

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 13 Apr 2022 18:45

Too nad for the Centrum through PMG is another tenant leaving that property. Good, we didn't lose them to the burbs though.
“Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell”

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 19 Apr 2022 13:44

AND they just leased 74K sf to financial firm Houlihan Lokey. Taking the top 3 floors. They're definitely seeing some momentum!

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... ig-tenant/

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 19 Apr 2022 14:36

Kelley USA wrote:AND they just leased 74K sf to financial firm Houlihan Lokey. Taking the top 3 floors. They're definitely seeing some momentum!

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... ig-tenant/

Another case of "Good we didn't lose them to the suburbs though", with them relocating from the Crescent. Seems odd that according to the DMN report at the time, they just entered into a lease at the Crescent last September. I wonder if their lease had an escape clause if the Crescent could not accommodate their growth?

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 20 Apr 2022 12:40

Do any of y'all think that the leasing momentum at The Link could help push the Field Street District closer to a start? If Kaizen fills up this project... Well... The next project in their pipeline is Field Street District... Maybe, they're trying to fill up this project with tenants so the cashflow keeps growing and that'll help them get construction loans or something for FSD?

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 20 Apr 2022 16:16

Believe me, everyone is looking at projects like this to determine whether the banks will loan for new office high rises. I think a long list of office projects is awaiting the numbers to show banks starting now is a good plan. The other two we know are semi-close to start would be the CBRE Hq on the Truluck's site which still requires closing Truluck's and clearing the land but that seems a very sure thing since it's Trammel Crow and CBRE. Then supposedly the Granite project across from the Crescent seems pretty assured now. Both of those will bring some Class A office space to the Uptown market in the next two years but they both still require demos of existing buildings. Both projects contain above-ground parking garages with some of the tallest towers Uptown has seen built for office in a while.

Feel free anyone to correct the details mentioned above if I have remembered something incorrectly^
“Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell”

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 21 Apr 2022 01:55

cowboyeagle05 wrote:Believe me, everyone is looking at projects like this to determine whether the banks will loan for new office high rises. I think a long list of office projects is awaiting the numbers to show banks starting now is a good plan. The other two we know are semi-close to start would be the CBRE Hq on the Truluck's site which still requires closing Truluck's and clearing the land but that seems a very sure thing since it's Trammel Crow and CBRE. Then supposedly the Granite project across from the Crescent seems pretty assured now. Both of those will bring some Class A office space to the Uptown market in the next two years but they both still require demos of existing buildings. Both projects contain above-ground parking garages with some of the tallest towers Uptown has seen built for office in a while.

Feel free anyone to correct the details mentioned above if I have remembered something incorrectly^

I have faith in the CBRE HQ (2401 McKinney from Trammell Crow that you mentioned) starting. It's a very safe project. Same with 23Springs from Granite. Safe project, for them.

Uptown market investment seems safer, or the actions of developers indicate that... It's just anything south of Woodall... Want to see some action there. Field Street District, (can't believe I'm saying this) Field Street Tower (Hillwood's trash dump), North End (even though it's Uptown/VP adjacent), etc.

CTroyMathis
Site Admin

Postby CTroyMathis » 11 Aug 2022 10:28

Looks like this place is lining up to go in at The Link:
https://www.wagamama.us/our-menu

Code: Select all

Project Name:
Wagamama
Project Number:
TABS2022025847
Facility Name:
The Link at Uptown
Location Address:
2601 Olive Street
Dallas, TX 75201
Location County:
Dallas
Start Date:
9/26/2022
Completion Date:
12/9/2022
Estimated Cost:
$1,600,000
Type of Work:
Renovation/Alteration
Type of Funds:
This project is privately funded, on private land for private use.
Scope of Work:
Interior fit out of new restaurant space located on ground floor.
Square Footage:
4,600 ft 2

https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Search/ ... 2022025847

CTroyMathis
Site Admin

Postby CTroyMathis » 11 Aug 2022 21:11

willyk

Postby willyk » 12 Aug 2022 04:36

Big built in following with Gen X, Y Z….this place is going to kill it.

potatocoins

Postby potatocoins » 12 Aug 2022 09:16

Very cool. This place seemed pretty popular in London, so I definitely welcome it here. I'm just glad it's not another steakhouse and also very glad that it's a chain from another country which just helps put the area on the map.

Crossing my fingers for a Nando's next!

Triggerman

Postby Triggerman » 12 Aug 2022 11:05

That's awesome. I always make it a point to eat at wagamama when in Boston, soon I don't have to

Triggerman

Postby Triggerman » 12 Aug 2022 11:06

potatocoins wrote:Very cool. This place seemed pretty popular in London, so I definitely welcome it here. I'm just glad it's not another steakhouse and also very glad that it's a chain from another country which just helps put the area on the map.

Crossing my fingers for a Nando's next!

Nando's is opening 2 restaurants in Houston soon. Hoping they'll start looking at DFW real soon. I love Nando's, Port of Peri Peri is ok too but not as good as Nando's

potatocoins

Postby potatocoins » 12 Aug 2022 11:18

Oh my! I had no idea that was the case, that is awesome news!!

Now, Nando’s exploring locations in Dallas and Austin, Bagherpour says.

https://houston.eater.com/2022/6/9/2316 ... n-openings