North Dallas: Galleria

Tucy

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby Tucy » 27 Jun 2022 09:10

Addison wrote:
acclar11 wrote:https://f.hubspotusercontent40.net/hubfs/6437794/Leasing%20Files/Galleria%20Dallas/GAD_Lease-Plan_2020_0410All-Levels.pdf
Finally a new/updated lease plan. The former Belk/Saks is still listed as "future development," but I hope they can fill that and the old Pottery Barn soon, because all those pop-up exhibits, drywall, and empty spaces are making the mall look tacky.

Given they seem to have no problem filling other space, it's clear management is not interested in filling the Pottery Barn / Saks space.

The number of unleased spaces shown on the leasing map suggests they do have problems filling spaces other than the Pottery Barn/Saks space.

Addison

Postby Addison » 27 Jun 2022 09:49

Tucy wrote:
Addison wrote:
acclar11 wrote:https://f.hubspotusercontent40.net/hubfs/6437794/Leasing%20Files/Galleria%20Dallas/GAD_Lease-Plan_2020_0410All-Levels.pdf
Finally a new/updated lease plan. The former Belk/Saks is still listed as "future development," but I hope they can fill that and the old Pottery Barn soon, because all those pop-up exhibits, drywall, and empty spaces are making the mall look tacky.

Given they seem to have no problem filling other space, it's clear management is not interested in filling the Pottery Barn / Saks space.

The number of unleased spaces shown on the leasing map suggests they do have problems filling spaces other than the Pottery Barn/Saks space.

Amazon, Zagg, Garage, Stance, Banter, and Bearfruit are all big chains that have recently signed pending leases at the Galleria. They may not be luxury/exclusive brands, but they're not no-name mom & pop stores either.

Furthermore, it's perfectly normal for even the healthiest mall to have some empty space with the ebb & flow of tenants.

The common theme, however, is that none of these new stores are leasing space in the Belk / Pottery Barn wing (who I suspect was booted from their space in preparation for this "future redevelopment") since their closure, which still remains covered in plasterboard.

The Galleria's occupancy rate was at 92% before Belk's closure. If the current management will shit or get off the pot with the huge void in that wing, the Galleria would have an occupancy rate in line with average for DFW, or maybe even better.

acclar11

Postby acclar11 » 27 Jun 2022 09:54

Addison wrote:
Tucy wrote:
Addison wrote:

Amazon, Zagg, Garage, Stance, Banter, and Bearfruit are all big chains that have recently signed pending leases at the Galleria. They may not be luxury/exclusive brands, but they're not no-name mom & pop stores either.

Furthermore, it's perfectly normal for even the healthiest mall to have some empty space with the ebb & flow of tenants.

The common theme, however, is that none of these new stores are leasing space in the Belk / Pottery Barn wing (who I suspect was booted from their space in preparation for this "future redevelopment") since their closure, which still remains covered in plasterboard.

The Galleria's occupancy rate was at 92% before Belk's closure. If the current management will shit or get off the pot with the huge void in that wing, the Galleria would have an occupancy rate in line with average for DFW, or maybe even better.

I think Amazon pulled out because they closed all US stores

Addison

Postby Addison » 27 Jun 2022 10:08

acclar11 wrote:
Addison wrote:
Tucy wrote:

I think Amazon pulled out because they closed all US stores

They're only closing certain brick-and-mortar formats, not all (such as Amazon Go).

What format was poised for the Galleria was never confirmed.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.c ... shops.html

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 27 Jun 2022 10:40

Addison wrote:
Tucy wrote:
Addison wrote:

They have announced redevelopment plans that will reduce the amount of retail space. Shopping centers don't reduce the amount of available retail space for lease if they aren't having problems filling it.

Addison

Postby Addison » 27 Jun 2022 10:45

Tucy wrote:
Addison wrote:
Tucy wrote:

They have announced redevelopment plans that will reduce the amount of retail space. Shopping centers don't reduce the amount of available retail space for lease if they aren't having problems filling it.

We don't even know if they *TRIED* filling that space, which is the issue. If they're blocking it off as "future redevelopment" in their presentations, I suspect they're *NOT* trying.

Given that stores seem to be signing new leases on a regular basis, it's not as though there's no interest by retailers in the mall.

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 27 Jun 2022 11:02

Addison wrote:
Tucy wrote:
Addison wrote:

We don't even know if they *TRIED* filling that space, which is the issue. If they're blocking it off as "future redevelopment" in their presentations, I suspect they're *NOT* trying.

Given that stores seem to be signing new leases on a regular basis, it's not as though there's no interest by retailers in the mall.

Again, they have publicly announced their intention to reduce the amount of retail space in the mall. No developer/owner in the history of retail has reduced the amount of space available unless they were having trouble filling the space.

Addison

Postby Addison » 27 Jun 2022 11:08

Tucy wrote:
Addison wrote:
Tucy wrote:

Again, they have publicly announced their intention to reduce the amount of retail space in the mall. No developer/owner in the history of retail has reduced the amount of space available unless they were having trouble filling the space.

This is a management team that has no prior experience with managing a upscale superregional shopping mall, so it wouldn't take their word at face value.

As I said, if they had already blocked off the space for future redevelopment in their presentations to potential tenants after taking over from Simon, they haven't even made an effort to fill it.

mhainli

Postby mhainli » 28 Jun 2022 11:40

From the 2020 concept plans presented to the city, the retail space will be reduced but the overall square footage will increase - mainly due to a new boutique hotel and new restaurants. I would guess that any new or revised plans for the mall will not be presented to the public until something more splashy can also be announced- like a movie theater, hotel mentioned above, etc…. I agree with those concerned about Trademark being up for this redo. Doesn’t seem like they have the experience or cachet to study and recommend what it takes..

acclar11

Postby acclar11 » 31 Jul 2022 10:22

Flea Style is now open

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 02 Sep 2022 15:10

Signage is up on the old Dooney & Bourke and Swarovski spaces for Louis Vuitton. It’s likely they’re relocating into that space.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 02 Sep 2022 15:37

Third floor of the Nordstrom has been totally cleared out with the entrances to the garages and the mall shut. There’s only a passage way to the restaurant and the restrooms.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 02 Sep 2022 15:59

Proquest20 wrote:Signage is up on the old Dooney & Bourke and Swarovski spaces for Louis Vuitton. It’s likely they’re relocating into that space.

or expanding?

R1070

Postby R1070 » 02 Sep 2022 16:00

Proquest20 wrote:Third floor of the Nordstrom has been totally cleared out with the entrances to the garages and the mall shut. There’s only a passage way to the restaurant and the restrooms.

Not surprising... there was talks with the remodel of the center that most of the 3rd floor of the mall would go away anyway.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 02 Sep 2022 17:03

R1070 wrote:
Proquest20 wrote:Signage is up on the old Dooney & Bourke and Swarovski spaces for Louis Vuitton. It’s likely they’re relocating into that space.

or expanding?

Could be. The current store is still open though.

acclar11

Postby acclar11 » 02 Sep 2022 17:14

They'd lose about 700 Sq. Feet of retail space if they move there, but the Galleria LV only sells handbags and eyewear in store, so they may not need the entire 3,400 Sq. Feet they currently have. They're also probably trying to minimize the amount of store space in the DFW area, considering Legacy West, Northpark, Clearfork, and NM at Northpark all have LV stores. Again, this could just be an expansion, or maybe Galleria has plans for the current LV spot

As for the Nordstrom downsizing, maybe they have plans for third floor, but chains don't typically close off entire levels unless the location is really struggling. If the store was really doing poorly, they probably would've closed it in 2020 instead of the North East store.

acclar11

Postby acclar11 » 02 Sep 2022 17:19

Proquest20 wrote:
R1070 wrote:

or expanding?

Could be. The current store is still open though.

They haven't filed any permits yet, so we'll have to wait and see.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 02 Sep 2022 20:35

In terms of selection, I noticed that the Nordstrom had really gotten rid of a lot of the designer selection, making it more similar to Stonebriar. They used to have a “collectors” section on Floor 2 but they no longer do. I think Nordstrom is most definitely putting their focus more towards the NorthPark store for sure.
As for the restaurant, there wasn’t a single person inside of it and not a single employee attending it. Whereas, Bazille at NorthPark is consistently busy.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 07 Sep 2022 15:17

GARAGE has announced its opening date to be September 8th.

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 12 Sep 2022 13:30

Proquest20 wrote:Third floor of the Nordstrom has been totally cleared out with the entrances to the garages and the mall shut. There’s only a passage way to the restaurant and the restrooms.

Rumor has it the restaurant will also be moving to the second floor.

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 12 Sep 2022 13:39

R1070 wrote:

Not surprising... there was talks with the remodel of the center that most of the 3rd floor of the mall would go away anyway.

I don't see anything in their remodeling plans suggesting that most of the 3rd floor of the mall would go away. Of course that was the redevelopment plan announced 2 3/4 years ago. Who knows what their plans are by now?

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 12 Sep 2022 14:16

I could see them just turning the top floor into a totally different store. I never thought the Galleria store was struggling, but maybe they simply do not need as much space as the NorthPark store as the Galleria clientele is more similar to that of Stonebriar/NorthEast and therefore the luxury goods that the NorthPark customer buys aren’t needed at that store.

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 12 Sep 2022 15:09

Proquest20 wrote:I could see them just turning the top floor into a totally different store. I never thought the Galleria store was struggling, but maybe they simply do not need as much space as the NorthPark store as the Galleria clientele is more similar to that of Stonebriar/NorthEast and therefore the luxury goods that the NorthPark customer buys aren’t needed at that store.

Let's hope the clientele isn't too similar to that of the Notheast Mall store... (that store closed more than 2 years ago).

R1070

Postby R1070 » 12 Sep 2022 15:35

Even the third floor at the NorthPark store isn't as full of merchandise anymore and that location does very well. I think department stores just don't need the large amount of space anymore.

Cmacemm

Postby Cmacemm » 12 Sep 2022 16:01

Tucy wrote:
Proquest20 wrote:I could see them just turning the top floor into a totally different store. I never thought the Galleria store was struggling, but maybe they simply do not need as much space as the NorthPark store as the Galleria clientele is more similar to that of Stonebriar/NorthEast and therefore the luxury goods that the NorthPark customer buys aren’t needed at that store.

Let's hope the clientele isn't too similar to that of the Notheast Mall store... (that store closed more than 2 years ago).

I always thought that was a pretty odd location for a Nordstrom and Saks. It was a little far to be that convenient for South Lake/Coppell where I would assume a good bulk of shoppers in that area would actually live

R1070

Postby R1070 » 12 Sep 2022 16:08

Southlake would be a great location for a Saks, Nordstrom or both.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 12 Sep 2022 16:36

Cmacemm wrote:
Tucy wrote:

I always thought that was a pretty odd location for a Nordstrom and Saks. It was a little far to be that convenient for South Lake/Coppell where I would assume a good bulk of shoppers in that area would actually live

Nordstrom seemed fine there given they also have a Stonebriar location, but there’s also not really any other options in that area aside from Parks Mall in Arlington or Hulen in terms of malls, since Grapevine Mills is an outlet mall and Southlake Town Square has no department stores. A small Nordstrom at Clearfork may have been a good decision. I’d actually like to see Bloomies open there.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 12 Sep 2022 16:40

R1070 wrote:Even the third floor at the NorthPark store isn't as full of merchandise anymore and that location does very well. I think department stores just don't need the large amount of space anymore.

The Galleria store used to have considerably more designer selection, too. Now, the “collectors section” on the second floor is no longer called that, and there isn’t generally as much designer, just the upper-mid range brands that the Stonebriar store tends to carry as well.
I do agree that department stores likely don’t need as much space as they used to, given that Macy’s has been able to dedicate space to their off-price branch and other shop-within-a-shop concepts, but keep in mind that the Galleria store is actually bigger than the NorthPark one in terms of square footage, so by having less of a selection (cutting out most designer), there’s even less need for a third floor. I’d wish they could repurpose that space somehow, but I also understand not wanting to give it an advantage over the NorthPark store which is better performing.

acclar11

Postby acclar11 » 12 Sep 2022 17:03

Tucy wrote:
R1070 wrote:

I don't see anything in their remodeling plans suggesting that most of the 3rd floor of the mall would go away. Of course that was the redevelopment plan announced 2 3/4 years ago. Who knows what their plans are by now?

I went to the store this weekend, and according to the sales associate that helped me, the only reason the third floor is closed is due to inventory.

They had a decent amount of luxury brands in women's like MaxMara, St. John, Veronica Beard, Lafayette 148, Golden Goose, & Akris punto. Women's shoes had a few luxury brands too, Golden Goose, Valentino, some Gucci. Handbags weren't impressive, mostly Tory Burch, Coach, & Kate Spade. Men's clothing had lots of Ted Baker, Hugo Boss, TravisMathew, & Peter Millar, but the men's shoes were mostly just athletic footwear and few things from Cole Haan. Jewelry selection wasn't great, which was shocking considering their Stonebriar store has a decent David Yurman and Roberto Coin section.

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 13 Sep 2022 10:34

acclar11 wrote:
Tucy wrote:
R1070 wrote:Not surprising... there was talks with the remodel of the center that most of the 3rd floor of the mall would go away anyway.

I went to the store this weekend, and according to the sales associate that helped me, the only reason the third floor is closed is due to inventory.

Even if there's a bit of truth to that (and I doubt it...), it still rather emphatically tells us the Galleria store is not performing very well, relative to their other stores. (If they are cutting back square footage because of inventory issues, they are clearly going to eliminate the poorest-performing square footage in the chain.)

Addison

Postby Addison » 13 Sep 2022 10:56

Tucy wrote:
acclar11 wrote:
Tucy wrote:

Even if there's a bit of truth to that (and I doubt it...), it still rather emphatically tells us the Galleria store is not performing very well, relative to their other stores. (If they are cutting back square footage because of inventory issues, they are clearly going to eliminate the poorest-performing square footage in the chain.)

Department stores aren't doing good anywhere in general, not just specific to the Galleria Nordstrom. The fact that DFW is notoriously over-retailed in general doesn't help either. 3 floors of inventory is an awful lot, and you'd be hard pressed to find locations in other parts of the country with that much inventory today unless it's a flagship store. Even the Macy's at Galleria has dedicated their 3rd floor space to bargain basement / outlet store stuff (Nordstrom can't do that because they're opted instead to open completely independent locations for their Nordstrom Rack merchandise, which I believe the store near the Galleria does great business).

That said, my understanding is that the Nordstrom at the Galleria is still a better performer, in terms of sales volume, than the Stonebriar store.

Addison

Postby Addison » 13 Sep 2022 11:01

Proquest20 wrote:
R1070 wrote:Even the third floor at the NorthPark store isn't as full of merchandise anymore and that location does very well. I think department stores just don't need the large amount of space anymore.

The Galleria store used to have considerably more designer selection, too. Now, the “collectors section” on the second floor is no longer called that, and there isn’t generally as much designer, just the upper-mid range brands that the Stonebriar store tends to carry as well.
I do agree that department stores likely don’t need as much space as they used to, given that Macy’s has been able to dedicate space to their off-price branch and other shop-within-a-shop concepts, but keep in mind that the Galleria store is actually bigger than the NorthPark one in terms of square footage, so by having less of a selection (cutting out most designer), there’s even less need for a third floor. I’d wish they could repurpose that space somehow, but I also understand not wanting to give it an advantage over the NorthPark store which is better performing.

In my perfect world, Nordstrom would abandoned their NorthPark store and make the Galleria their flagship store in DFW. That would make room for Saks or Bloomingdales to return to DFW.

I know that won't happen though.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 13 Sep 2022 11:12

Addison wrote:
Proquest20 wrote:

In my perfect world, Nordstrom would abandoned their NorthPark store and make the Galleria their flagship store in DFW. That would make room for Saks or Bloomingdales to return to DFW.

I'd prefer that Macy's make their Galleria store their flagship location, then convert their NorthPark store into their sister brand, Bloomingdales.

With the way that department stores typically own their stores, I do think that this would never happen, especially as the NorthPark store continues to perform very well. Otherwise, I'd like for that to happen and for Saks to replace Dillards. I also think department stores aren't doing well enough to allow for that kind of a risk.

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 13 Sep 2022 11:16

Addison wrote:
Tucy wrote:
acclar11 wrote:I went to the store this weekend, and according to the sales associate that helped me, the only reason the third floor is closed is due to inventory.

Department stores aren't doing good anywhere in general, not just specific to the Galleria Nordstrom. The fact that DFW is notoriously over-retailed in general doesn't help either. 3 floors of inventory is an awful lot, and you'd be hard pressed to find locations in other parts of the country with that much inventory today unless it's a flagship store. Even the Macy's at Galleria has dedicated their 3rd floor space to bargain basement / outlet store stuff (Nordstrom can't do that because they're opted instead to open completely independent locations for their Nordstrom Rack merchandise, which I believe the store near the Galleria does great business).

That said, my understanding is that the Nordstrom at the Galleria is still a better performer, in terms of sales volume, than the Stonebriar store.

Yes department stores in general are struggling. But it's pretty clear that the department stores at the Dallas Galleria are struggling even more than most. One anchor pulled out completely; one has turned over part of their store to their bargain basement, and the third (Nordstrom) has completely closed 1/3 of their store. The Galleria Nordstrom may have higher sales volume than the Stonebriar store, but given that it had 1.67 times the square footage, it would be a dismal failure if it didn't have higher sales volume. Given that Nordstrom has chosen to close 1/3 of the Galleria location, it clearly was not outperforming the Stonebiar store on the all-important Sales per Square Foot metric.

Addison

Postby Addison » 13 Sep 2022 12:03

Proquest20 wrote:
Addison wrote:
Proquest20 wrote:The Galleria store used to have considerably more designer selection, too. Now, the “collectors section” on the second floor is no longer called that, and there isn’t generally as much designer, just the upper-mid range brands that the Stonebriar store tends to carry as well.

I'd prefer that Macy's make their Galleria store their flagship location, then convert their NorthPark store into their sister brand, Bloomingdales.

With the way that department stores typically own their stores, I do think that this would never happen, especially as the NorthPark store continues to perform very well. Otherwise, I'd like for that to happen and for Saks to replace Dillards. I also think department stores aren't doing well enough to allow for that kind of a risk.

What you suggest about Macy's would work too.

I don't see Dillard's leaving though, unfortunately.

acclar11

Postby acclar11 » 17 Sep 2022 13:45

Good news for the mall- According to an LV sales associate, they're going to expand into the former Swarovski & Michele Lopriore spaces. A step up from a year ago when most people assumed all the luxury brands would move to Legacy West. Nordstrom worker also said third floor closure is "indefinite," and likely permanent.

Addison

Postby Addison » 17 Sep 2022 14:13

acclar11 wrote:Good news for the mall- According to an LV sales associate, they're going to expand into the former Swarovski & Michele Lopriore spaces. A step up from a year ago when most people assumed all the luxury brands would move to Legacy West.

Nice!

acclar11 wrote:Nordstrom worker also said third floor closure is "indefinite," and likely permanent.

Unfortunately, that may be a death knell for the ancillary stores in that 3rd floor wing (namely Windsor and Forever 21).

mhainli

Postby mhainli » 17 Sep 2022 14:46

The mall owner (UBS) picked the wrong company (Trademark) to manage the mall. Almost nothing has happened since they presented improvements (conceptual I know) to the city for TIF participation back in January 2020.

I’ve always thought that due to density and lack of available land on the site, having one owner for all property (office, hotel and retail) is key to making the improvements necessary. If Macys and Nordstrom still maintain ownership it’s probably fine but we’ve seen the challenges with too many owners (aka Valley View..). Too many competing interests…

Addison

Postby Addison » 17 Sep 2022 15:26

mhainli wrote:The mall owner (UBS) picked the wrong company (Trademark) to manage the mall. Almost nothing has happened since they presented improvements (conceptual I know) to the city for TIF participation back in January 2020.

I’ve always thought that due to density and lack of available land on the site, having one owner for all property (office, hotel and retail) is key to making the improvements necessary. If Macys and Nordstrom still maintain ownership it’s probably fine but we’ve seen the challenges with too many owners (aka Valley View..). Too many competing interests…

Simon managed the property before Trademark took over.

But I completely agree with Trademark being a poor choice to take over. They had no prior experience managing a super-regional upscale mall and it's now showing.
Last edited by Addison on 17 Sep 2022 16:08, edited 1 time in total.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 17 Sep 2022 16:07

Addison wrote:
mhainli wrote:The mall owner (UBS) picked the wrong company (Trademark) to manage the mall. Almost nothing has happened since they presented improvements (conceptual I know) to the city for TIF participation back in January 2020.

Simom managed the property before Trademark took over.

But I completely agree with Trademark being a poor choice to take over. They had no prior experience managing a super-regional upscale mall and it's now showing.

While I do agree that The Galleria is their first “super-regional upscale mall” that they are managing, I do think it is a good fit for them. Having a Louis Vuitton expansion is likely out of necessity as the current store is small and still does good business, even as brands like Coach and J. Crew have left the mall. Additionally, Stance, Garage, Lovisa, and Banter are not no-name stores, even though they aren’t the luxury stores the Galleria used to attract. The entire Galleria area has been going through a transition following the demolition of Valley View, and I assume in a couple years as it progresses maybe the Galleria will return to somewhat normal. It seems as if it’s been going through an identity crisis as of right now, and I definitely do agree that department stores, in general, aren’t doing too well there. As for the Nordstrom, I think most Nordstrom stores are typically what the Galleria store is now, on two levels. Like Stonebriar’s, which is on two levels and carries trendier brands along with upper-mid range rather than the luxury ones that NorthPark tends to carry. There’s not much need for two flagship locations within 15 miles of each other.

Looking at their portfolio, they manage Market Street in The Woodlands, which is another upscale shopping district. Recently, they just landed another Nike store and a Gucci store. As for La Palmera in Corpus Christi, they’ve landed stores that, while not upscale, are also pretty big names that typically weren’t in Corpus Christi beforehand. They’ve also landed the first Cheesecake Factory in that region.

Addison

Postby Addison » 22 Sep 2022 16:45

I noticed something weird yesterday.

I distinctly remember seeing a White Barn Candle store in the Galleria the last time I was there (several months ago), and the mall's website still has the store in their listing, but there's no hint of the store existence on Google Maps and the White Barn website directs you to Bath and Body Works.

Not sure what's going on there.

And FWIW, the same thing is the case at NorthPark as well.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 22 Sep 2022 19:12

White Barn is essentially the candle section of B&BW... I don't think they are typically listed out as separate stores.

Addison

Postby Addison » 23 Sep 2022 09:19

R1070 wrote:White Barn is essentially the candle section of B&BW... I don't think they are typically listed out as separate stores.

There's a photo of the White Barn store at Stonebriar on Google Maps.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 27 Sep 2022 17:03

Addison wrote:I noticed something weird yesterday.

I distinctly remember seeing a White Barn Candle store in the Galleria the last time I was there (several months ago), and the mall's website still has the store in their listing, but there's no hint of the store existence on Google Maps and the White Barn website directs you to Bath and Body Works.

They started combining the two stores a few years ago. The NorthPark one used to be next door, but they renovated the NorthPark one, the White Barn, and Bath and Body Works operate front and back sections of the same space now. The empty retail spot is next to the current Bath and Body Works where White Barn used to be.
“Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell”

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 27 Sep 2022 20:07

cowboyeagle05 wrote:
Addison wrote:I noticed something weird yesterday.

They started combining the two stores a few years ago. The NorthPark one used to be next door, but they renovated the NorthPark one, the White Barn, and Bath and Body Works operate front and back sections of the same space now. The empty retail spot is next to the current Bath and Body Works where White Barn used to be.

There was actually never a White Barn storefront at NorthPark. That empty space you mention used to be Peloton.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 28 Sep 2022 14:15

I used to visit is with my boyfriend cause he loved the candles and had no need for the Bath and Body works store. We were Northpark devotees. Peloton moved in after White Barn left, I believe. Which means the White Barn separate storefront has been gone longer than I realize.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 28 Sep 2022 20:42

It must have been gone for a very long time because I remember that space being Starbucks before it was Peloton.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 29 Sep 2022 11:34

I remember the Starbucks that was over by Express where it is now but was there one here as well? At this point, Ill just concede any and all options are potentially the truth.

dallaz

Postby dallaz » 05 Oct 2022 10:08

Nordstrom is shrinking its Galleria Dallas store to two levels

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/ret ... wo-levels/

The Seattle-based retailer said 47,277 square feet of space on the third level will be vacated before Thanksgiving, according to planning documents filed with the state. Work will begin Oct. 24, and the move will be completed by Nov. 18.

The 225,000-square-foot store was Nordstrom’s first in Texas and opened in 1996 with hundreds of shoppers waiting to get in. Marshall Field’s was next door and Macy’s was where it is now. Saks Fifth Avenue was on the southern end of the mall where now Banana Republic, Gap and Old Navy are stacked on three levels.

Cbdallas

Postby Cbdallas » 05 Oct 2022 10:27

Maybe this will be the start of the re-invention and re-use of this property and area. Less retail, more dense living and office.