North Dallas: Galleria

User avatar
Tucy
Posts: 1250
Joined: 19 Oct 2016 12:50

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby Tucy » 06 Jan 2022 11:44

Addison wrote:
Galleria still also has Tommy Bahama, Zara, Johnston & Murphy, Apple, Brahmin, Armani Exchange, American Girl, Swarovski and Lululemom.



And Swarovski is now gone.

User avatar
Addison
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Nov 2020 17:13

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby Addison » 06 Jan 2022 16:21

Tucy wrote:
Addison wrote:
Galleria still also has Tommy Bahama, Zara, Johnston & Murphy, Apple, Brahmin, Armani Exchange, American Girl, Swarovski and Lululemom.



And Swarovski is now gone.


Welp... :lol:

I do think the incompetent amateurs out of Fort Worth who are now running the Galleria are largely to blame for its situation the past 5 years.

It wasn't bleeding stores and struggling to fill vacant space (like it is now) when Simon still managed the mall pre-2018.

User avatar
Addison
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Nov 2020 17:13

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby Addison » 06 Jan 2022 16:34

Tucy wrote:
Addison wrote:
Galleria still also has Tommy Bahama, Zara, Johnston & Murphy, Apple, Brahmin, Armani Exchange, American Girl, Swarovski and Lululemom.



And Swarovski is now gone.


BTW, how did you find out they're closed?

I tried Googling it and everything I'm finding shows it's still open.

User avatar
Tucy
Posts: 1250
Joined: 19 Oct 2016 12:50

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby Tucy » 06 Jan 2022 16:40

Going entirely by what is listed on the Galleria's website. Did you try Swarovski's website? (They don't show a store at the Dallas Galleria; but oddly they still show their merchandise being available at Belk Galleria)

User avatar
Addison
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Nov 2020 17:13

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby Addison » 06 Jan 2022 16:59

Tucy wrote:Going entirely by what is listed on the Galleria's website. Did you try Swarovski's website? (They don't show a store at the Dallas Galleria; but oddly they still show their merchandise being available at Belk Galleria)


This is the link I found on their website for the Galleria:

https://www.swarovski.com/en-US/store/0 ... re_listing

That said, the phone number doesn't work and it doesn't show up on the store locator list. So maybe they've only cut off the directory links to the page but haven't gotten around to taking the store page down yet.

Also, they're still on the Galleria's directory map. But that could be an innocent oversight the Galeria's part).

Google and Yelp haven't been updated yet either.

Normally, retailers are very good at removing closed stores from their site and reporting closures to Google & Yelp. This is an unusual one.

User avatar
R1070
Posts: 1391
Joined: 26 Oct 2016 21:00

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby R1070 » 06 Jan 2022 19:42

The people currently running the Galleria are making it worse!

User avatar
Tucy
Posts: 1250
Joined: 19 Oct 2016 12:50

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby Tucy » 10 Jan 2022 11:46

This gets curiouser and curiouser . . .

Swarovski is back the Dallas Galleria's store list, but it still doesn't come up when you do a search for Dallas locations on Swarovkski's own website.

Never mind. Not on the Galleria store list. Also now comes up was "permanently closed" when you do a Google search

User avatar
Addison
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Nov 2020 17:13

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby Addison » 14 Jan 2022 09:58

Amazon is planning to open a store in the Galleria:

https://twitter.com/SteveBrownDMN/statu ... ZJfUg&s=19

User avatar
acclar11
Posts: 87
Joined: 28 Apr 2020 10:17

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby acclar11 » 30 Mar 2022 11:31

Gregory's is returning to the Galleria. According to the website, they'll be opening in the Bachendorf's/Marciano/Pandora part of the mall on level one. I assume they're taking the old Ann Taylor spot.

User avatar
acclar11
Posts: 87
Joined: 28 Apr 2020 10:17

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby acclar11 » 30 Mar 2022 12:10

Addison wrote:
Tucy wrote:
Addison wrote:
Galleria still also has Tommy Bahama, Zara, Johnston & Murphy, Apple, Brahmin, Armani Exchange, American Girl, Swarovski and Lululemom.



And Swarovski is now gone.


Welp... :lol:

I do think the incompetent amateurs out of Fort Worth who are now running the Galleria are largely to blame for its situation the past 5 years.

It wasn't bleeding stores and struggling to fill vacant space (like it is now) when Simon still managed the mall pre-2018.


Galleria has had occupancy/leasing issues since 2015/16, but once Trademark took over, it got even worse. I feel like at this point they're just trying to fill the mall with whatever they can to make it look not so bad. I have a few solid ideas that could help the malls future-
- Fill the former Marshall Field's/Saks/Belk with Von Maur, or just demolish it and turn it into a new main entrance
- Fill former Pottery Barn with another furniture store like Weir's, West Elm, RH, or even put in a junior sized tenant like Urban Outfitters or Anthropologie
- Fill Former "The Grill On The Alley" with another steak restaurant like Fogo de Chão or Texas De Brazil
- Put newer and trendier stores like Fabletics, Free People, Free People Movement, Dry Goods, TravisMathew, Lolli & Pops, Athleta, UNTUCKit, Aēsop, Kendra Scott, Evereve, Vineyard Vines, Tecovas, Warby Parker
- Add Dallas/Texas based "smaller" chains like American Threads, Nicole Kwon, Planet Bardot, Stag, The Scent Room, Betty Reiter, Hemline, Palmetto Moon, Pure Atlanta
- Add more common chain stores like Vera Bradley, James Avery, Madewell, White House | Black Market
- Fill the VERY vacant first level with larger tenants, like Malouf's Fine Apparel, Aritzia, or maybe another high end jeweler like Lee Michaels or Mayors.

User avatar
Tucy
Posts: 1250
Joined: 19 Oct 2016 12:50

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby Tucy » 30 Mar 2022 12:20

acclar11 wrote:Gregory's is returning to the Galleria. According to the website, they'll be opening in the Bachendorf's/Marciano/Pandora part of the mall on level one. I assume they're taking the old Ann Taylor spot.


Additional location or relocating from Northpark?

User avatar
acclar11
Posts: 87
Joined: 28 Apr 2020 10:17

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby acclar11 » 30 Mar 2022 12:37

Tucy wrote:
acclar11 wrote:Gregory's is returning to the Galleria. According to the website, they'll be opening in the Bachendorf's/Marciano/Pandora part of the mall on level one. I assume they're taking the old Ann Taylor spot.


Additional location or relocating from Northpark?

It might be too early to tell. I think they're just opening another store.
https://galleriadallas.com/directory/retail/gregory-s

User avatar
mhainli
Posts: 82
Joined: 02 Mar 2017 17:56

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby mhainli » 30 Mar 2022 14:18

Just before COVID, some conceptual plans for the mall were presented to the city with TIF participation, etc. Has there been any updates to these plans or has COVID caused them to rethink those plans??

User avatar
undefinedprocess
Site Admin
Posts: 466
Joined: 05 Jul 2020 05:45
Contact:

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby undefinedprocess » 30 Mar 2022 14:36

mhainli wrote:Just before COVID, some conceptual plans for the mall were presented to the city with TIF participation, etc. Has there been any updates to these plans or has COVID caused them to rethink those plans??

I remember these, but I don't believe any changes to the plans have been released/discussed. Obviously, could be wrong.

User avatar
Addison
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Nov 2020 17:13

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby Addison » 30 Mar 2022 14:43

acclar11 wrote:
Addison wrote:
Tucy wrote:

And Swarovski is now gone.


Welp... :lol:

I do think the incompetent amateurs out of Fort Worth who are now running the Galleria are largely to blame for its situation the past 5 years.

It wasn't bleeding stores and struggling to fill vacant space (like it is now) when Simon still managed the mall pre-2018.


Galleria has had occupancy/leasing issues since 2015/16, but once Trademark took over, it got even worse. I feel like at this point they're just trying to fill the mall with whatever they can to make it look not so bad. I have a few solid ideas that could help the malls future-
- Fill the former Marshall Field's/Saks/Belk with Von Maur, or just demolish it and turn it into a new main entrance
- Fill former Pottery Barn with another furniture store like Weir's, West Elm, RH, or even put in a junior sized tenant like Urban Outfitters or Anthropologie
- Fill Former "The Grill On The Alley" with another steak restaurant like Fogo de Chão or Texas De Brazil
- Put newer and trendier stores like Fabletics, Free People, Free People Movement, Dry Goods, TravisMathew, Lolli & Pops, Athleta, UNTUCKit, Aēsop, Kendra Scott, Evereve, Vineyard Vines, Tecovas, Warby Parker
- Add Dallas/Texas based "smaller" chains like American Threads, Nicole Kwon, Planet Bardot, Stag, The Scent Room, Betty Reiter, Hemline, Palmetto Moon, Pure Atlanta
- Add more common chain stores like Vera Bradley, James Avery, Madewell, White House | Black Market
- Fill the VERY vacant first level with larger tenants, like Malouf's Fine Apparel, Aritzia, or maybe another high end jeweler like Lee Michaels or Mayors.


Texas De Brazil and Fogo De Chao's flagship restaurants are right up the road in Addison. So I doubt they'd be interested in the Galleria. Warby Parker also just opened a location in Addison.

Crate & Barrel or Restoration Hardware would be good replacements for Pottery Barn, relocating from Wilow Bend.

I completely agree about Von Maur filling the old Saks space.

User avatar
Cbdallas
Posts: 588
Joined: 29 Nov 2016 16:42

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby Cbdallas » 30 Mar 2022 15:23

Put park areas around the entire land area. Put apartment towers around and units on top of galleria. Put in a gym on a massive scale with things like a mountain wall or indoor kayaking. The entire area needs to be reimagined it was designed and built in another era things have changed the way we live and things we seek out. More stores are not going to do the trick here.

User avatar
R1070
Posts: 1391
Joined: 26 Oct 2016 21:00

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby R1070 » 30 Mar 2022 18:38

I stopped by the Galleria last weekend and it was pretty busy and there seemed to be a good bit of stores coming soon. I think it just needs a few good destination stores and it could turn the corner in a better direction.

User avatar
R1070
Posts: 1391
Joined: 26 Oct 2016 21:00

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby R1070 » 30 Mar 2022 20:27

Tucy wrote:
acclar11 wrote:Gregory's is returning to the Galleria. According to the website, they'll be opening in the Bachendorf's/Marciano/Pandora part of the mall on level one. I assume they're taking the old Ann Taylor spot.


Additional location or relocating from Northpark?


Gregory's is already gone from the store list on the NP website.

User avatar
acclar11
Posts: 87
Joined: 28 Apr 2020 10:17

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby acclar11 » 31 Mar 2022 08:02

R1070 wrote:
Tucy wrote:
acclar11 wrote:Gregory's is returning to the Galleria. According to the website, they'll be opening in the Bachendorf's/Marciano/Pandora part of the mall on level one. I assume they're taking the old Ann Taylor spot.


Additional location or relocating from Northpark?


Gregory's is already gone from the store list on the NP website.

Wow, I was just at NP on Saturday, and Gregory's was still open, so operations looked normal. To be fair, I never see anyone inside Gregory's or carrying a shopping back from there, so I'm actually not surprised they closed.

User avatar
R1070
Posts: 1391
Joined: 26 Oct 2016 21:00

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby R1070 » 31 Mar 2022 10:49

I think it probably has more to do with the big retail shuffle going on at NP right now and Gregory's lease was probably up.

User avatar
NdoorTX
Posts: 202
Joined: 21 Nov 2016 02:27

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby NdoorTX » 31 Mar 2022 13:51

I tried to send suggestions and I got a call from there head of security. This was when Macerich was in charge. Of course I downloaded the retail leasing plan and rearranged stores for them and made new tenant suggestions. I even made suggestions on how to connect Galleria with the upcoming park. I feel like Trademark needs to bounce. I would love to see Australia’s Westfield take over leasing. Then we can call it Westfield Shoppingtown, Galleria.

User avatar
Tucy
Posts: 1250
Joined: 19 Oct 2016 12:50

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby Tucy » 31 Mar 2022 14:28

I get the idea that Gregory's might be struggling. One shouldn't read TOO much in to the status of their website, but it currently says they have locations in Northpark and in Fred Segal Melrose location in LA. Gregory's apparently closed that Fred Segal location about 2 1/2 years ago. (And they have previously closed former Atlanta, Las Vegas, LA, and Houston locations.)

User avatar
acclar11
Posts: 87
Joined: 28 Apr 2020 10:17

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby acclar11 » 31 Mar 2022 16:56

https://dallas.culturemap.com/news/fash ... lizzie-lu/

Gregory's is expected to open in Mid-Late April across from Apple. So they are not taking the Ann Taylor spot as I had predicted.

User avatar
Addison
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Nov 2020 17:13

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby Addison » 04 Apr 2022 15:06

Galleria adds four new stores, including a big return by Dallas boutique Gregory’s

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/ret ... utType=amp

Galleria Dallas is getting one of its former stores back — and it’s one of the longest continuously operating independent fashion boutiques in Dallas.

Gregory’s, a men and women’s luxury apparel, shoes and accessories boutique, was at the Galleria for 20 years before it left for NorthPark Center in 2010. Its NorthPark store closed March 28.

“We’re heading back to where we started,” said Leslie Matney, who founded the store and still operates it with her husband Larry Matney. “The Galleria is making a comeback, and we’re helping.”

Gregory’s, which prides itself on selling unique designer brands that aren’t yet in the market, will open in temporary space by mid-month across from the Apple store on the first level...

...Apricot Lane, which closed a few months ago, now has new ownership. Brieana LaCaze, owner of the Apricot Lane in McKinney, is taking on the Galleria store. The women’s boutique will reopen April 7 next to Macy’s on level two. Apricot Lane stores are locally owned franchise stores where owners purchase brands and merchandise to suit their markets.

Lizzie Lu Luxury Treats will open by the end of April on level one across from Morphe. Entrepreneur T’Juanna Winters founded her bakery in 2019 and has a store in Las Colinas Plaza. She makes candy apples, butter cakes and her creations called Shookies, which are cookies that resemble cobblers. Her Lu-Aid Pickles are based on family recipes.

The Inspiration Co. recently opened across from H&M on level two. The Fort Lauderdale-based company was founded in 2017 and makes inspirational jewelry for men, women and children. The retailer also has stores at the Parks at Arlington and Stonebriar Centre in Frisco.

User avatar
Tucy
Posts: 1250
Joined: 19 Oct 2016 12:50

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby Tucy » 05 Apr 2022 10:33

Generally not a good sign when a [former] powerhouse regional mall starts filling up with local stores.

User avatar
Addison
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Nov 2020 17:13

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby Addison » 05 Apr 2022 17:12

Tucy wrote:Generally not a good sign when a [former] powerhouse regional mall starts filling up with local stores.


Agreed.

But I stand by my opinion that Trademark is the problem. As good as the Galleria does foot traffic, tourist traffic and sales volume-wise, not to mention the demographics surrounding the mall (fairly high income & corporate), there's no reason why it shouldn't be attracting more big name stores.

User avatar
acclar11
Posts: 87
Joined: 28 Apr 2020 10:17

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby acclar11 » 05 Apr 2022 20:52

Addison wrote:
Tucy wrote:Generally not a good sign when a [former] powerhouse regional mall starts filling up with local stores.


Agreed.

But I stand by my opinion that Trademark is the problem. As good as the Galleria does foot traffic, tourist traffic and sales volume-wise, not to mention the demographics surrounding the mall (fairly high income & corporate), there's no reason why it shouldn't be attracting more big name stores.


I don't know how Trademark expects to attract luxury brands to the Galleria when stores like Coach, Swarovski, Ann Taylor, Pottery Barn, Williams-Sonoma, and J. Crew can't even stay open. I wonder how LV, Gucci, and Tiffany even stay operating considering they all have Legacy West and NorthPark stores. I also question how Banana Republic & Club Monaco stay open because I've NEVER seen anyone inside either of those stores.

User avatar
Proquest20
Posts: 146
Joined: 30 Jan 2020 23:18

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby Proquest20 » 06 Apr 2022 00:52

They’ll probably leave once their leases expire, especially considering that LV has recently renovated their NorthPark store as well. In fact, Gucci was supposed to close years ago when the NorthPark location first opened, but ended up renewing their lease. I doubt they’ll renew it again. Banana Republic is probably obligated to stay there since it’s apart of the Gap “megastore” with their three brands (Banana Republic/Gap/Old Navy). The bottom floor of the Galleria honestly gives Willow Bend vibes at this point… Otherwise, it’s probably the best mid-range mall in the area.

User avatar
Addison
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Nov 2020 17:13

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby Addison » 06 Apr 2022 04:58

acclar11 wrote:
Addison wrote:
Tucy wrote:Generally not a good sign when a [former] powerhouse regional mall starts filling up with local stores.


Agreed.

But I stand by my opinion that Trademark is the problem. As good as the Galleria does foot traffic, tourist traffic and sales volume-wise, not to mention the demographics surrounding the mall (fairly high income & corporate), there's no reason why it shouldn't be attracting more big name stores.


I don't know how Trademark expects to attract luxury brands to the Galleria when stores like Coach, Swarovski, Ann Taylor, Pottery Barn, Williams-Sonoma, and J. Crew can't even stay open. I wonder how LV, Gucci, and Tiffany even stay operating considering they all have Legacy West and NorthPark stores. I also question how Banana Republic & Club Monaco stay open because I've NEVER seen anyone inside either of those stores.


How do we know many (or most) of those store didn't leave because Trademark chose not to renew their leases, or wants to charge way too much for rent?

Bear in mind, they still have this boondoggle in their back pocket to tear down the west side portion of the mall where Saks was, although there's been no progress on it. If I'm not mistaken, this is the same area of the mall where most of the stores you mentioned were located.

User avatar
mhainli
Posts: 82
Joined: 02 Mar 2017 17:56

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby mhainli » 06 Apr 2022 06:42

Addison wrote:
acclar11 wrote:
Addison wrote:
Agreed.

But I stand by my opinion that Trademark is the problem. As good as the Galleria does foot traffic, tourist traffic and sales volume-wise, not to mention the demographics surrounding the mall (fairly high income & corporate), there's no reason why it shouldn't be attracting more big name stores.


I don't know how Trademark expects to attract luxury brands to the Galleria when stores like Coach, Swarovski, Ann Taylor, Pottery Barn, Williams-Sonoma, and J. Crew can't even stay open. I wonder how LV, Gucci, and Tiffany even stay operating considering they all have Legacy West and NorthPark stores. I also question how Banana Republic & Club Monaco stay open because I've NEVER seen anyone inside either of those stores.


How do we know many (or most) of those store didn't leave because Trademark chose not to renew their leases, or wants to charge way too much for rent?

Bear in mind, they still have this boondoggle in their back pocket to tear down the west side portion of the mall where Saks was, although there's been no progress on it. If I'm not mistaken, this is the same area of the mall where most of the stores you mentioned were located.


I brought that up earlier: the conceptual plans for the mall presented to the city right before COVID hit. Impressive changes but likely expensive and depending on new leases in industries hardest hit by the pandemic- restaurants, theater, gym, etc. Undoubtedly plans have changed (or in process hopefully), but nothing mentioned in the media which is concerning. Looking at empty storefronts and where new stores are coming in, at a minimum it still appears that the first floor on the west side from Saks/Belk to the Grand Lux has been cleared out and being prepared for something…

User avatar
Proquest20
Posts: 146
Joined: 30 Jan 2020 23:18

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby Proquest20 » 01 May 2022 19:48

Gregory’s is open now.

User avatar
brielkate
Posts: 3
Joined: 11 May 2022 21:23
Location: Fort Worth area
Contact:

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby brielkate » 11 May 2022 22:10

acclar11 wrote:
Addison wrote:
Tucy wrote:

And Swarovski is now gone.


Welp... :lol:

I do think the incompetent amateurs out of Fort Worth who are now running the Galleria are largely to blame for its situation the past 5 years.

It wasn't bleeding stores and struggling to fill vacant space (like it is now) when Simon still managed the mall pre-2018.


Galleria has had occupancy/leasing issues since 2015/16, but once Trademark took over, it got even worse. I feel like at this point they're just trying to fill the mall with whatever they can to make it look not so bad. I have a few solid ideas that could help the malls future-
- Fill the former Marshall Field's/Saks/Belk with Von Maur, or just demolish it and turn it into a new main entrance
- Fill former Pottery Barn with another furniture store like Weir's, West Elm, RH, or even put in a junior sized tenant like Urban Outfitters or Anthropologie
- Fill Former "The Grill On The Alley" with another steak restaurant like Fogo de Chão or Texas De Brazil
- Put newer and trendier stores like Fabletics, Free People, Free People Movement, Dry Goods, TravisMathew, Lolli & Pops, Athleta, UNTUCKit, Aēsop, Kendra Scott, Evereve, Vineyard Vines, Tecovas, Warby Parker
- Add Dallas/Texas based "smaller" chains like American Threads, Nicole Kwon, Planet Bardot, Stag, The Scent Room, Betty Reiter, Hemline, Palmetto Moon, Pure Atlanta
- Add more common chain stores like Vera Bradley, James Avery, Madewell, White House | Black Market
- Fill the VERY vacant first level with larger tenants, like Malouf's Fine Apparel, Aritzia, or maybe another high end jeweler like Lee Michaels or Mayors.


This post is just over a month old, but I'd like to add some commentary here:

1. If they can't keep Pottery Barn and Williams-Sonoma, I suspect West Elm would not be on the table. All three brands are under the same company, although Pottery Barn and West Elm do have different styles of furniture.

2. I like the idea of trendier stores a lot. Galleria could use them.

3. I'm a huge WHBM fan, but I feel that their Preston/Royal location is too close. Most of the time, WHBM, Chico's, and Soma (all part of the same company) like to open in outdoor lifestyle centers; the other indoor-mall-based WHBM locations in DFW are in Stonebriar and North East Mall (Hurst). I believe Stonebriar was WHBM's first DFW location, actually. Moving to Galleria might get them more customers, but given that they closed at NorthPark (last year) I think another mall-based location might be risky. Otherwise, WHBM might be a good fit for the Galleria.

4. Aritzia is already at NorthPark. Once again, this might be a proximity issue (though not as bad as the WHBM example above), but it otherwise could be a good fit for the Galleria, and I've known (in the past) several stores that had a presence in both the Galleria and NorthPark.

User avatar
Proquest20
Posts: 146
Joined: 30 Jan 2020 23:18

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby Proquest20 » 12 May 2022 16:58

They can capitalise off of the decline of Willow Bend, which is just a couple of miles to the north. Get L’occitane, RH, Mitchell Gold & Bob Williams, Allen Edmonds, Brooks Brothers, Vineyard Vines, and whatever other notable stores they have left up there to move down, and I bet they’d thrive. I felt weird about Anthropologie moving to Stonebriar, they’d be much better off at the Galleria. As for Aritzia, I don’t think they’re looking to have multiple stores in the market at the moment, considering they closed their Plano store. Perhaps they can open at Clearfork instead?

User avatar
brielkate
Posts: 3
Joined: 11 May 2022 21:23
Location: Fort Worth area
Contact:

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby brielkate » 12 May 2022 22:37

Proquest20 wrote:They can capitalise off of the decline of Willow Bend, which is just a couple of miles to the north. Get L’occitane, RH, Mitchell Gold & Bob Williams, Allen Edmonds, Brooks Brothers, Vineyard Vines, and whatever other notable stores they have left up there to move down, and I bet they’d thrive. I felt weird about Anthropologie moving to Stonebriar, they’d be much better off at the Galleria. As for Aritzia, I don’t think they’re looking to have multiple stores in the market at the moment, considering they closed their Plano store. Perhaps they can open at Clearfork instead?


Definitely. Capitalizing on the decline of Willow Bend is the way to go. Also, RH and/or Crate & Barrel might be a good match for a furnishings store.

Clearfork might be a good match for Aritzia. That said, University Park Village is just north of TCU, and easily visible to those visiting (or moving to) TCU from out-of-town. Aritzia might also work for UPV, but UPV is small, and I suspect part of the reason (along with Hulen Mall) as to why Clearfork hasn't become as much of retail mecca as they could be. What I am saying is that Clearfork could have a better selection of mid-tier stores to cater to a larger customer base, as NorthPark has done.

User avatar
vman
Posts: 228
Joined: 24 Oct 2016 07:44

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby vman » 13 May 2022 07:56

brielkate wrote:
Clearfork hasn't become as much of retail mecca as they could be. What I am saying is that Clearfork could have a better selection of mid-tier stores to cater to a larger customer base, as NorthPark has done.


True!! My sister came from CA to visit me last month and I accompanied her to Fort Worth to visit a friend of hers. They had a shopping day planned and we went to Clearfork. I guess I was expecting more. It seemed much more restaurant heavy and retail-lite. On the way back to this side of the metroplex, my sis said she was underwhelmed by Clearfork and wished they had gone to Legacy West or Northpark instead.

User avatar
acclar11
Posts: 87
Joined: 28 Apr 2020 10:17

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby acclar11 » 13 May 2022 08:18

vman wrote:
brielkate wrote:
Clearfork hasn't become as much of retail mecca as they could be. What I am saying is that Clearfork could have a better selection of mid-tier stores to cater to a larger customer base, as NorthPark has done.


True!! My sister came from CA to visit me last month and I accompanied her to Fort Worth to visit a friend of hers. They had a shopping day planned and we went to Clearfork. I guess I was expecting more. It seemed much more restaurant heavy and retail-lite. On the way back to this side of the metroplex, my sis said she was underwhelmed by Clearfork and wished they had gone to Legacy West or Northpark instead.

Clearfork has an alarming amount of empty storefronts. I went there this summer and was shocked at how few stores there were, and how few people were shopping there. Definitely not worth the trip out west.

User avatar
vman
Posts: 228
Joined: 24 Oct 2016 07:44

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby vman » 13 May 2022 08:36

acclar11 wrote:
vman wrote:
brielkate wrote:
Clearfork hasn't become as much of retail mecca as they could be. What I am saying is that Clearfork could have a better selection of mid-tier stores to cater to a larger customer base, as NorthPark has done.


True!! My sister came from CA to visit me last month and I accompanied her to Fort Worth to visit a friend of hers. They had a shopping day planned and we went to Clearfork. I guess I was expecting more. It seemed much more restaurant heavy and retail-lite. On the way back to this side of the metroplex, my sis said she was underwhelmed by Clearfork and wished they had gone to Legacy West or Northpark instead.

Clearfork has an alarming amount of empty storefronts. I went there this summer and was shocked at how few stores there were, and how few people were shopping there. Definitely not worth the trip out west.


I always thought Clearfork was a strange location for the Fort Worth Neiman's to relocate. Seems like so many better locations in the city center. I-30 & University/Hulen/W 7th area seemed like a much better fit. Plus, I've heard the Neiman's there has never performed well.

User avatar
Proquest20
Posts: 146
Joined: 30 Jan 2020 23:18

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby Proquest20 » 13 May 2022 23:36

brielkate wrote:
Proquest20 wrote:They can capitalise off of the decline of Willow Bend, which is just a couple of miles to the north. Get L’occitane, RH, Mitchell Gold & Bob Williams, Allen Edmonds, Brooks Brothers, Vineyard Vines, and whatever other notable stores they have left up there to move down, and I bet they’d thrive. I felt weird about Anthropologie moving to Stonebriar, they’d be much better off at the Galleria. As for Aritzia, I don’t think they’re looking to have multiple stores in the market at the moment, considering they closed their Plano store. Perhaps they can open at Clearfork instead?


Definitely. Capitalizing on the decline of Willow Bend is the way to go. Also, RH and/or Crate & Barrel might be a good match for a furnishings store.

So, actually Crate and Barrel used to be open just north of the Galleria back in the day, before they even had a store at Willow Bend. Personally, the more I think of it, I don’t think home goods stores have ever thrived at the Galleria. At least Willow Bend has several (RH, MG+BW, Z Gallerie, C&B) and NorthPark has a few as well (DWR, Parachute, Williams Sonoma, Arhaus, etc;) which probably makes them much more attractive for those types of tenants.

User avatar
Addison
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Nov 2020 17:13

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby Addison » 14 May 2022 06:07

Proquest20 wrote:
brielkate wrote:
Proquest20 wrote:They can capitalise off of the decline of Willow Bend, which is just a couple of miles to the north. Get L’occitane, RH, Mitchell Gold & Bob Williams, Allen Edmonds, Brooks Brothers, Vineyard Vines, and whatever other notable stores they have left up there to move down, and I bet they’d thrive. I felt weird about Anthropologie moving to Stonebriar, they’d be much better off at the Galleria. As for Aritzia, I don’t think they’re looking to have multiple stores in the market at the moment, considering they closed their Plano store. Perhaps they can open at Clearfork instead?


Definitely. Capitalizing on the decline of Willow Bend is the way to go. Also, RH and/or Crate & Barrel might be a good match for a furnishings store.

So, actually Crate and Barrel used to be open just north of the Galleria back in the day, before they even had a store at Willow Bend. Personally, the more I think of it, I don’t think home goods stores have ever thrived at the Galleria. At least Willow Bend has several (RH, MG+BW, Z Gallerie, C&B) and NorthPark has a few as well (DWR, Parachute, Williams Sonoma, Arhaus, etc;) which probably makes them much more attractive for those types of tenants.


I don't think that's entirely true. If anything, I suspect competition is part of the issue.

It's true that Home Goods stores never really thrived *IN* the Galleria. But near the Gallera, you have:

*The Container Store
*Ethan Allen
*At Home
*Tuesday Morning (its flagship store at that)
*Z Gallerie
*La-Z-Boy
*Bed, Bath & Beyond
*Rooms to Go

Not to mention, there are all the independent fabric and furniture stores down the street in the Addison / Farmers Branch warehouse district.

Literally the only other competitor in the home goods department near Willow Bend is Bed, Bath and Beyond

Now, I will grant, most of the aforementioned stores near the Galleria are more middle of the road and/or chic. But given that the demographic around the Galleria area tends to be younger, more transient and renter-heavy, the home goods stores around the Galleria that are more affordable (thus the items are perceived to be more disposable) and feature avant garde designs are more successful.

Conversely, stores such as RH, Pottery Barn and Williams-Sonoma, etc. appeal to an older baby boomer demographic that is settled down, likely owns a home and desires more traditional home decor. That area just NW and east of Willow Bend is about as plain jane McMansionville as you can get.

User avatar
Addison
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Nov 2020 17:13

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby Addison » 18 May 2022 17:19

This is interesting. It specifically mentions leasing space is being reduced and names Bachendorf's

Makes me wonder if they're leaving too...

https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Search/ ... 2022019269

User avatar
acclar11
Posts: 87
Joined: 28 Apr 2020 10:17

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby acclar11 » 18 May 2022 20:37

Addison wrote:This is interesting. It specifically mentions leasing space is being reduced and names Bachendorf's

Makes me wonder if they're leaving too...

https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Search/ ... 2022019269

I doubt Bachendorf's is closing, but it's definitely concerning that they're downsizing. However, the project details don't make a ton on sense, because the Bachendorf's space is only 4500 Sq. Feet, and the renovation lists it as 7620 Sq. Feet.

User avatar
mhainli
Posts: 82
Joined: 02 Mar 2017 17:56

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby mhainli » 18 May 2022 23:10

acclar11 wrote:
Addison wrote:This is interesting. It specifically mentions leasing space is being reduced and names Bachendorf's

Makes me wonder if they're leaving too...

https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Search/ ... 2022019269

I doubt Bachendorf's is closing, but it's definitely concerning that they're downsizing. However, the project details don't make a ton on sense, because the Bachendorf's space is only 4500 Sq. Feet, and the renovation lists it as 7620 Sq. Feet.

After looking at the TDLR report it appears that this is a rehab of the concourse (7620 Sq Ft?) in front of Bachendorf’s. Maybe some the Bachendorf space was taken to make the concourse bigger, hence improve the lines and visibility through the corridor to the Westin.

User avatar
acclar11
Posts: 87
Joined: 28 Apr 2020 10:17

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby acclar11 » 26 Jun 2022 11:41

https://f.hubspotusercontent40.net/hubf ... Levels.pdf
Finally a new/updated lease plan. The former Belk/Saks is still listed as "future development," but I hope they can fill that and the old Pottery Barn soon, because all those pop-up exhibits, drywall, and empty spaces are making the mall look tacky.

User avatar
Tucy
Posts: 1250
Joined: 19 Oct 2016 12:50

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby Tucy » 26 Jun 2022 12:57

acclar11 wrote:https://f.hubspotusercontent40.net/hubfs/6437794/Leasing%20Files/Galleria%20Dallas/GAD_Lease-Plan_2020_0410All-Levels.pdf
Finally a new/updated lease plan. The former Belk/Saks is still listed as "future development," but I hope they can fill that and the old Pottery Barn soon, because all those pop-up exhibits, drywall, and empty spaces are making the mall look tacky.


Wow, they have even more empty space than I realized...

User avatar
R1070
Posts: 1391
Joined: 26 Oct 2016 21:00

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby R1070 » 26 Jun 2022 15:07

The first floor is definitely the worst off. The 2nd floor typically has pretty good leasing and the third floor can be a mixed bag.

User avatar
Addison
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Nov 2020 17:13

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby Addison » 26 Jun 2022 15:16

acclar11 wrote:https://f.hubspotusercontent40.net/hubfs/6437794/Leasing%20Files/Galleria%20Dallas/GAD_Lease-Plan_2020_0410All-Levels.pdf
Finally a new/updated lease plan. The former Belk/Saks is still listed as "future development," but I hope they can fill that and the old Pottery Barn soon, because all those pop-up exhibits, drywall, and empty spaces are making the mall look tacky.


Given they seem to have no problem filling other space, it's clear management is not interested in filling the Pottery Barn / Saks space.

User avatar
Addison
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Nov 2020 17:13

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby Addison » 26 Jun 2022 15:17

R1070 wrote:The first floor is definitely the worst off. The 2nd floor typically has pretty good leasing and the third floor can be a mixed bag.


Which is weird, because the 1st floor by far has the most traffic and the 3rd floor the least amount.

User avatar
Hannibal Lecter
Posts: 719
Joined: 19 Oct 2016 19:57

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby Hannibal Lecter » 26 Jun 2022 15:52

^ Without knowing any of the details (or having even been to that mall in decades), my suspicion is that leasing efforts prioritize those empty spaces that aren't still collecting rent on.

User avatar
mhainli
Posts: 82
Joined: 02 Mar 2017 17:56

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby mhainli » 26 Jun 2022 19:31

Addison wrote:
acclar11 wrote:https://f.hubspotusercontent40.net/hubfs/6437794/Leasing%20Files/Galleria%20Dallas/GAD_Lease-Plan_2020_0410All-Levels.pdf
Finally a new/updated lease plan. The former Belk/Saks is still listed as "future development," but I hope they can fill that and the old Pottery Barn soon, because all those pop-up exhibits, drywall, and empty spaces are making the mall look tacky.


Given they seem to have no problem filling other space, it's clear management is not interested in filling the Pottery Barn / Saks space.


From their pre—pandemic concept plans, the Belk/Saks store and nearby area will be at least partially reconstructed. Not sure about the Pottery Barn space. Seems like a good space for a restaurant.

User avatar
acclar11
Posts: 87
Joined: 28 Apr 2020 10:17

Re: North Dallas: Galleria

Postby acclar11 » 26 Jun 2022 22:01

R1070 wrote:The first floor is definitely the worst off. The 2nd floor typically has pretty good leasing and the third floor can be a mixed bag.

The reason the first floor looks awful is because they call it the "luxury level" and only want high-end stores to sign leases, but designer tenants aren't interested in the Galleria at all.
Here's a breakdown of the first level-
Zara (Wouldn't consider it luxury, but they definitely market towards affluent millennials by using the fast fashion model)

Johnston & Murphy (Expensive men's footwear and clothing, similar to Cole Haan and Allen Edmonds, but by no means luxury)

Club Monaco (Considered "low-end casual luxury," similar to a toned down Vince or Theory, or a more minimal Banana Republic)

Tiffany & Co. (One of the nicest stores at the center, for sure designer/luxury)

Victoria's Secret/Pink (Hardly even a mid-tier store, they've been on level one since the 80's which is probably why they've yet to move, not to mention the second level is almost full)

A|X Armani Exchange (Used to be really nice like J. Crew or Banana Republic, but now takes on a very casual vibe and slashes their logo on everything, so their clothes tend to look a bit tacky)

Martin Lawrence (Art gallery that claims to sell Picasso pieces- Super odd store that is expensive and out of place)

Apple (A great grab for the Galleria, and I hope it can stick around)

Michael Kors (I don't know what to make of this brand, people either love it or hate it. It's at a similar price point to Kate Spade or Coach, so not like Prada or LV)

Louis Vuitton (One of the last luxury holdouts)

Sephora (Sells high-end cosmetics like Bobbi Brown, Chanel, and Jo Malone, but also regular brands like Origins and Clinique)

Lizzie Lu Treats (Replacing former Godiva, I don't know anything about this place, it's also a local brand)

Flea Style (Local brand, sells luxury custom hats)

Go! (Overpriced toy store, something I would expect to see on the third level, not first)

Toni & Guy (Not even a store of any sort, I have no idea why it's on the first level)

Guess (Used to be a nicer store many years ago, but now it's basically Abercrombie & Fitch)

Banana Republic (Upscale wear to work clothing, but they're now trying to reach out to more crowds by introducing their BR Athletics line)

Gameday Connexion (Sports memorabilia, something I would expect to see on the third floor)

Lucky Brand (Nice jeans, but more similar to Levi's than 7 For All Mankind now)

Morphe (Beauty store, does lots of celebrity collabs)

Bearfruit (Jewelry store at a similar price point to Pandora or Swarovski)

Tommy Bahama (A more sophisticated version of Vineyard Vines, at a similar price point as BR or J. Crew, maybe even Brooks Brothers)

Brahmin (Entry level luxury purses, a little cheaper than Coach)

Gucci (Last luxury hold out)

Bachendorf's (The nicest store in the mall, sells David Yurman, Rolex, Cartier, etc)

Marciano (Operated by Guess, but it takes a bigger approach on dresses and skirts that can be worn for special events)

Gregory's (Was one of the first stores in the U.S. to sell Jimmy Choo and Christian Louboutin, but I don't think they sell either brand anymore. Was much nicer at Northpark when they were next to Bottega Veneta in the luxury wing)

Pandora (Overpriced charms and costume jewelry)