Fort Worth: misc. developments

itsjrd1964

Re: Fort Worth: misc. developments

Postby itsjrd1964 » 18 Feb 2021 17:21

Another new housing development, this time off US 287 near Eagle Mountain Lake in NW Fort Worth, will be dubbed Cibolo Hills.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... ort-worth/

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 23 Feb 2021 11:33

Crescent Real Estate heads home with $250 million Fort Worth project
Cultural District development will bring hotel, offices and residential.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... h-project/

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 24 Feb 2021 12:47

Tnexster wrote:Crescent Real Estate heads home with $250 million Fort Worth project
Cultural District development will bring hotel, offices and residential.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... h-project/

Saw this, looks pretty cool for the area. Interesting that groundbreaking will be so soon.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 25 Feb 2021 09:28

This will fill in a prominent gap in the Cultural Districts smile. That hotel will be wildly successful I am sure.
“Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell”

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 09 Jun 2021 09:46

Pretty cool smaller scale project in Fort Worth's medical district.
Going to just paste my personal notes here so forgive me if it's terrible formatting or "a lot," but hey, should prevent y'all from having to go to the DMN article/get past the paywall. Anyways, this is cool. Would love to see more little projects like this here and there in/near Dallas, and wherever.

DMN Article: https://www.dallasnews.com/business/real-estate/2021/06/08/fort-worth-project-will-use-familiar-metal-huts-for-new-homes-and-commercial

Highlights:
• Located at 1200 6th Ave near West Rosedale St, in Fort Worth's medical district by Detroit-based developer Prince Concepts
• Eight residential units, three offices, and two retail storefronts using prefabricated buildings known as Quonset huts
• Three Quonset huts will house the eight residential units with 20-foot ceilings and glass walls overlooking the park
• 5,500-square-foot office section and retail spaces will also have glass facade
• Vegan restaurant planned by the creators of Spiral Diner, as well as an ice cream and donut shop are planned for the development
• Development to be built around an 8,000-square-foot park
• Scheduled to open in October 2021
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I45Tex

Postby I45Tex » 09 Jun 2021 17:07

That's a real short timetable. Could infill like this "prove up" demand for mixed use updates in Las Colinas, CityLine, downtown Garland, Love Field area, East and South Dallas, etc?

Austin55

Postby Austin55 » 09 Jun 2021 22:44

Speaking of filling gaps in the cultural district, this was just unveiled today. Two buildings sharing one podium, one office tower and one multi-family tower.

zblevinz555

Postby zblevinz555 » 12 Jul 2021 11:57

Activity in ft worth starting soon.
Sorry if posted on another forum.
27 stories. Anybody have exact height?
Nonetheless will be a welcome addition.
The Worth dead. Don’t think that’s new news though.

https://www.dfwi.org/item/one-high-rise ... ve-forward

LongonBigD

Postby LongonBigD » 12 Jul 2021 12:19

I don’t know the answer to your question about the height, but this was supposed to start right after Nove at Knox (same developer). I’m sure covid and construction material issues put the brakes on. Glad to hear it wasn’t a long delay.
EAA30A07-85B6-4E83-B999-7CC3A5D57BCC.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

itsjrd1964

Postby itsjrd1964 » 02 Sep 2021 15:53

itsjrd1964

Postby itsjrd1964 » 21 Sep 2021 14:51

Developer Hoque Global Announces Initial Plans for Evans & Rosedale Development

It will consist of multifamily residential, townhomes, a grocery store, as well as a possible coffeehouse-brewery concept. The project will be on East Rosedale near the South Freeway (I-35W); construction is planned to start next year.

https://fwtx.com/news/developer-hoque-g ... evans-ros/

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 23 Sep 2021 12:18

itsjrd1964 wrote:Developer Hoque Global Announces Initial Plans for Evans & Rosedale Development

It will consist of multifamily residential, townhomes, a grocery store, as well as a possible coffeehouse-brewery concept. The project will be on East Rosedale near the South Freeway (I-35W); construction is planned to start next year.

Interesting how they're planning on starting on this next year. Hoque seems to have his hands full, too full. I guess they're putting NewPark and SoGood (gag) on ice?

Sucks.

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 23 Sep 2021 12:44

undefinedprocess wrote:
itsjrd1964 wrote:Developer Hoque Global Announces Initial Plans for Evans & Rosedale Development

Interesting how they're planning on starting on this next year. Hoque seems to have his hands full, too full. I guess they're putting NewPark and SoGood (gag) on ice?

Sucks.

If NewPark and SoGood (gag) are on ice, it's not because Hoque's hands are too full.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 23 Sep 2021 18:55

Yeah Hoque like KDC and every other developer in town make proposals to see what sticks and if they get tenants to sign then they get the loans from the bank and the dirt starts turning. NewPark is just in a holding pattern until someone says I would like 100,000 sqft please. Plus SoGood is sort of moving that apartment project is starting in that development supposedly. This Fort Worth project is about the scale that Hoque Global can handle. New Park is very much out of his league.

Warrior2020

Postby Warrior2020 » 23 Sep 2021 21:33

cowboyeagle05 wrote:Yeah Hoque like KDC and every other developer in town make proposals to see what sticks and if they get tenants to sign then they get the loans from the bank and the dirt starts turning. NewPark is just in a holding pattern until someone says I would like 100,000 sqft please. Plus SoGood is sort of moving that apartment project is starting in that development supposedly. This Fort Worth project is about the scale that Hoque Global can handle. New Park is very much out of his league.

Are there any exciting projects happening in dallas anymore? Not trying to compare to Houston, but Houston seems to keep adding cool mixed use projects all throughout the city even with covid-19.They broke ground on a massive project called east river, post HTX, the allen, Hanover regent square phase 2, autry park, TMC3 and more. They have like 20 or so high rises going up. I'm just curious.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 27 Sep 2021 10:03

I wont continue that line of pondering here since this is the Fort Worth thread but I honestly don't keep tabs on Houston so I personally couldn't provide the answer but the grass does always appear greener on the other side no matter who the other side is.

Addison

Postby Addison » 27 Sep 2021 10:09

Warrior2020 wrote:
cowboyeagle05 wrote:Yeah Hoque like KDC and every other developer in town make proposals to see what sticks and if they get tenants to sign then they get the loans from the bank and the dirt starts turning. NewPark is just in a holding pattern until someone says I would like 100,000 sqft please. Plus SoGood is sort of moving that apartment project is starting in that development supposedly. This Fort Worth project is about the scale that Hoque Global can handle. New Park is very much out of his league.

Are there any exciting projects happening in dallas anymore? Not trying to compare to Houston, but Houston seems to keep adding cool mixed use projects all throughout the city even with covid-19.They broke ground on a massive project called east river, post HTX, the allen, Hanover regent square phase 2, autry park, TMC3 and more. They have like 20 or so high rises going up. I'm just curious.

Dallas proper is at full build out (under current zoning), while Houston proper is not.

The extremely lopsided way the Metroplex has grown, putting the effective center in Irving-Carrollton-Addison (versus downtown Dallas), doesn't help matters either as North Texas developers will gravitate to where most of the people are already living and working.

Warrior2020

Postby Warrior2020 » 27 Sep 2021 13:48

Addison wrote:
Warrior2020 wrote:

Dallas proper is at full build out (under current zoning), while Houston proper is not.

The extremely lopsided way the Metroplex has grown, putting the effective center in Irving-Carrollton-Addison (versus downtown Dallas), doesn't help matters either as North Texas developers will gravitate to where most of the people are already living and working.

Full build out how? There's so much available land 86 acres alone in downtown. The cedars has plenty of land as well.

Addison

Postby Addison » 27 Sep 2021 14:16

Warrior2020 wrote:
Addison wrote:
Warrior2020 wrote:Are there any exciting projects happening in dallas anymore? Not trying to compare to Houston, but Houston seems to keep adding cool mixed use projects all throughout the city even with covid-19.They broke ground on a massive project called east river, post HTX, the allen, Hanover regent square phase 2, autry park, TMC3 and more. They have like 20 or so high rises going up. I'm just curious.

Full build out how? There's so much available land 86 acres alone in downtown. The cedars has plenty of land as well.

Well sure, if the land is upzoned to accommodate high density development.

But when it comes to sprawly greenfield developments like East River, the land for something like that in Dallas proper is very limited.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 28 Sep 2021 11:12

Houston can still absorb open land without all the pitfalls that comes with land in already well developed areas. Dallas is stuck with the same land its had on the books for decades and that land comes with multiple owners, existing utilities, zoning, historical impacts etc. All the things that make some peoples head spin when they think they can just buy a piece of land and build what they want. Houston can still absorb areas like a undeveloped Frisco type area and give itself a kick of new population and opportunities for residential in suburban areas. Dallas cant it has to set things up so well developers still want to build even though the land already has easements, zoning, outdated infrastructure etc.

Warrior2020

Postby Warrior2020 » 28 Sep 2021 11:27

cowboyeagle05 wrote:Houston can still absorb open land without all the pitfalls that comes with land in already well developed areas. Dallas is stuck with the same land its had on the books for decades and that land comes with multiple owners, existing utilities, zoning, historical impacts etc. All the things that make some peoples head spin when they think they can just buy a piece of land and build what they want. Houston can still absorb areas like a undeveloped Frisco type area and give itself a kick of new population and opportunities for residential in suburban areas. Dallas cant it has to set things up so well developers still want to build even though the land already has easements, zoning, outdated infrastructure etc.

True, but I'm referring to urban core development not the suburban development type. For example all of the projects I've mentioned in H Town are all within 610 loop that are all high density mixed use. Dallas has them proposed but can't seem to get past the proposal part as of late but maybe there's some other reason.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 28 Sep 2021 12:26

Well Downtown Dallas is not the central core of the metroplex. Downtown Dallas is at the tail end of desirability for the metroplex. Throw in there that Dallas has a pretty big suburb of Fort Worth on one side with the big airport our demand for living/office/commercial land is laid out entirely different from Houston. As mentioned above areas like Las Colinas, Frisco the mid-cities are where the centrifugal force is that developers are spinning around. Sure Houston has suburbs too with desirable burbs but Houston still has more anchors keeping its central business district on the map compared with Dallas.

I45Tex

Postby I45Tex » 28 Sep 2021 19:35

Warrior2020 wrote:Are there any exciting projects happening in dallas anymore? Not trying to compare to Houston, but Houston seems to keep adding cool mixed use projects all throughout the city even with covid-19.They broke ground on a massive project called east river, post HTX, the allen, Hanover regent square phase 2, autry park, TMC3 and more. They have like 20 or so high rises going up. I'm just curious.

Houstonians have been optimistic in the past three or four years. More than I've experienced DFW being, and long before oil's recent price increases. There is a lot more mixed use greenfield real estate and also infill adaptive reuse real estate breaking ground -- in every density of surroundings and without much regard for the direction from any center of gravity. CoH doesn't micromanage land use let alone at the parcel by parcel level like Dallas and its suburbs all do. The kind of uncertainty Houston lenders have to face is "how much competition will there be when the barriers to entry are low here?" But less uncertainty about the rest of it. FW is trying to grow as fast as possible by annexation and master planned communities. Honestly FW's metropolitan division would develop faster if it became the one big city in North Texas that issued you your building permits without any zoning and floor area ratio haggling.

zaphod

Postby zaphod » 28 Sep 2021 21:15

Is Houston really outpacing Dallas in terms of "urban" development, or is it just that in Houston this kind of development is way more concentrated in the central city and tends to be taller ? Houston development also gets more press perhaps, and HAIF has more active posters than this site does for sure.

Newer development in Houston that's outside the 610 loop(or areas slightly beyond it, such as Memorial City) is mostly just messy low-density sprawl in unincorporated areas. Hasn't been much that you would call exciting since oil prices dipped about 6-7 years ago. And since most people in Houston live in the suburbs, for practical reasons and not necessary by choice, what goes up in the city proper doesn't really have a lot of importance to them.

DFW being so decentralized has its pros and cons. People who live in any given part of the metroplex likely have more to do that's close to them and more diversity and choice when it comes to what kind of stuff their part of town has. In contrast, Houston is just a big uniform carpet of bleh.

I wouldn't be jealous.

I45Tex

Postby I45Tex » 29 Sep 2021 08:42

I'm going to let this stay Fort Worth focused. On this particular limited subject, the statements above are uniformly off in (to me) random ways. Just for example, Memorial City is a 12 mile drive from downtown, same 12 miles as Klyde Warren to Belt Line in Richardson. You recall it being slightly outside their inner loop, but it isn't. The Metroplex and Houston remain more alike than different. We have a lot more football titles, but they have a lot more mixed use redevelopment. Yes, they really are outpacing DFW in that regard and have been for several years. HAIF isn't skewed by having more updates.

The_Overdog

Postby The_Overdog » 29 Sep 2021 09:02

CoH doesn't micromanage land use let alone at the parcel by parcel level like Dallas and its suburbs all do.

Agree with every bit of this. Even if Dallas (DFW) didn't micromanage at the parcel level, it's city building approvals are still taking months for basic stuff. And the suburbs with smoother processes shut down lots of mixed use development by micromanaging development.

Addison

Postby Addison » 05 Oct 2021 08:50

Fort Worth Could Become Home To Environmental Museum, But It Needs To Fight For It

https://patch.com/texas/arlington-tx/fo ... s-fight-it

itsjrd1964

Postby itsjrd1964 » 15 Oct 2021 10:54

Groundbreaking was held yesterday for the 27-story downtown residential project now dubbed "Deco 969".

https://www.dfwi.org/go/deco-969
https://southernland.com/901-commerce/

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 15 Oct 2021 13:20

This ought to be the beginning of a long long over due wave of highrise residential construction in Fort Worth. 20 years behind the curve.... But from the cultural district to downtown is on of my favorite areas in Texas, and what should become one of the best urban places to live in the South Central US.

itsjrd1964

Postby itsjrd1964 » 03 Dec 2021 03:53

This DBJ article lists 6 potential housing developments all around Fort Worth, with the possibility of almost 4000 homesites between them.

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... -lots.html

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 03 Dec 2021 07:14

I'm so glad urban Fort Worth is finally getting the residential it deserves and needs!

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 31 Dec 2021 11:48

Catalyst Urban Development is adding additional multifamily, mixed-use development near Burnett Lofts

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... ridor.html

The 330-unit multifamily and mixed-use development located on the southern edge of downtown Fort Worth is currently under construction. The first phase of the development is open, while the following phases will roll out through next spring. Catalyst Urban Development plans to expand on this footprint with restaurants, additional multifamily, small office and hotel development in that area around Burnett Lofts.

zaphod

Postby zaphod » 31 Dec 2021 13:01

Does anyone know what lots that project is going to go on?

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 07 Jan 2022 14:37

Mixed-use project featuring 99,400 square feet of office space is heading to the West 7th District

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... tners.html

The commercial real estate development and investment management firm will break ground on The Van Zandt at 2816 W. 7th Street in the first quarter of this year. The project, located at the northwest corner of Foch Street and West 7th Street, will feature approximately 99,400 square feet of office space, 147 multi-family units and 11,600 square feet of street-facing retail and dining space.

According to a news release, this is the first speculative office development in Fort Worth since 2017.

itsjrd1964

Postby itsjrd1964 » 11 Aug 2022 11:10

21-acre retail center planned for far north Fort Worth

The location is along Bonds Ranch Rd. just east of Bus US 287. No specifics as to what retail will locate there.

https://www.audacy.com/krld/news/local/ ... fort-worth

itsjrd1964

Postby itsjrd1964 » 17 Aug 2022 16:02

This one's probably much more than "misc.", but....

Omni Fort Worth plans $217M expansion with second hotel tower, garage and restaurant

This would give the Omni 1008 rooms total (which would be bigger than the downtown Dallas Omni in amount of guest rooms). A 200-space parking garage would go in across the street. 50,000 square feet of meeting room area would be added, as well as a restaurant facing Lancaster Ave.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/busi ... 71581.html

itsjrd1964

Postby itsjrd1964 » 22 Mar 2023 01:39

Kroger has plans for a Marketplace store at the NE corner of US 287/Bonds Ranch Rd. The opening is planned for next year.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/ret ... -in-plano/

zblevinz555

Postby zblevinz555 » 12 Apr 2023 00:34

Came across this and I just wondered if anyone knew anything about Dart Interests. Do they have a proven track record that produces results? I get there’s no concrete plans at all was just curious. And does Fort Worth have the same issue as Dallas with the back log of permits?

https://therealdeal.com/texas/dallas/20 ... ort-worth/

itsjrd1964

Postby itsjrd1964 » 25 Jul 2023 15:19

The Tanger outlet center in north Fort Worth is getting 2 new stores (Under Armour, Simply Southern) and a Cracker Barrel restaurant. The stores will occupy spaces in the center's structure, while the restaurant will locate separately in the parking lot. The report didn't mention any timelines for completion/opening.

https://youtu.be/gfi5AJE0Biw

I45Tex

Postby I45Tex » 28 Oct 2023 05:58

Here's how Fort Worth's new economic development strategic plan could effect real estate
Spencer Brewer, Dallas Business Journal
Mar 1, 2022

The plan proposes launching public-private partnerships to develop at least 1 million square feet of Class A office space in and around downtown Fort Worth by 2026.

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... state.html

18 months later after that article they do seem to be executing:

From last week--

"Nick Thomas, a research manager at JLL, said that while the office market may be weak in other areas of the country, office-using employment in Fort Worth and Arlington hit a new high of 258,000 in July, an increase of 6.7% from the prior year and 30.1% since 2018. Office-using employment in Fort Worth and Arlington is 21.1% of total employment, increasing from 18.2% since the start of 2018."

...Todd Burnette, managing director for JLL Fort Worth, told the Fort Worth Report that The Crescent Fort Worth is defined as a Trophy/AA building, one of only two in Tarrant County.

FWR:

"The other is the Frost Tower Fort Worth, the city’s most recent high-rise building that opened in 2018.

Those high-end Class A buildings will be key in attracting new companies to Fort Worth, said Burnette. He noted the City Council just passed $30 million in incentives for two projects valued at $400 million on two high-profile sites, one on West Seventh and the other on University Drive. The projects, from Goldenrod Companies, include 195,000 square feet of new Class A office space.

The incentive package the City Council passed included incentives for Goldenrod to establish office leasing practices that favor tenants relocating from out of the region.

That may help the city’s economic development plans as it seeks to attract companies at or near the central business district, Burnette said.

'Right now, unless a company went up to Alliance, there just wasn’t a whole lot of space available to attract those companies,' he said. 'It’s a great tool to have in the economic development box to try to get companies to take a harder look at Fort Worth.'”

https://fortworthreport.org/2023/10/21/ ... ort-worth/

Excellent site, a journalistic younger sibling of San Antonio Report

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 04 Nov 2023 13:28

Fort Worth high-rise planned for cultural district
The University Drive offices are part of a $100 million mixed-use development west of downtown.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... -district/

Addison

Postby Addison » 04 Nov 2023 14:51

Tnexster wrote:Fort Worth high-rise planned for cultural district
The University Drive offices are part of a $100 million mixed-use development west of downtown.

Where's the high-rise? :(

itsjrd1964

Postby itsjrd1964 » 05 Nov 2023 01:52

Addison wrote:
Tnexster wrote:Fort Worth high-rise planned for cultural district

Where's the high-rise? :(

I guess 9-ish floors would be high in podunkville somewhere, but here, people need to watch how they figure what "high-rise" is.

itsjrd1964

Postby itsjrd1964 » 05 Nov 2023 01:55

Hillwood has acquired a downtown Fort Worth block, but they haven't yet decided what they want to do with it. The block is 6th/7th/Calhoun/Jones, on the SSE side.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/major ... h/3371870/

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 09 Nov 2023 11:19

Big-name developers shape high-rise plans for downtown Fort Worth
Execs from Hillwood, Dart Interests talk towering projects

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... worth.html

With a crop of new towers in the offing, downtown Fort Worth is on the cusp of a new era.

Multiple companies have made moves to purchase land for future high-rise development, signaling bullishness in the fast-growing city anchoring the west side of the Metroplex. Those developers cite the city’s growing population and strong leadership as some of the reasons for these moves.

Among them, Dallas-based Hillwood recently purchased a block in the heart of downtown. Bounded by Sixth and Seventh streets to the north and south and Calhoun and Jones streets to the east and west, the property could be transformed for numerous uses and has high-rise zoning.

vman

Postby vman » 09 Nov 2023 12:57

Tnexster wrote:Big-name developers shape high-rise plans for downtown Fort Worth
Execs from Hillwood, Dart Interests talk towering projects

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... worth.html

With a crop of new towers in the offing, downtown Fort Worth is on the cusp of a new era.

Multiple companies have made moves to purchase land for future high-rise development, signaling bullishness in the fast-growing city anchoring the west side of the Metroplex. Those developers cite the city’s growing population and strong leadership as some of the reasons for these moves.

Among them, Dallas-based Hillwood recently purchased a block in the heart of downtown. Bounded by Sixth and Seventh streets to the north and south and Calhoun and Jones streets to the east and west, the property could be transformed for numerous uses and has high-rise zoning.

We know by now that developers (and local publications) use the term "high-rise" very, very loosely in Fort Worth. This will definitely be a wait-and-see.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 09 Nov 2023 13:54

Yea like the 7 story high-rise mentioned above.

zblevinz555

Postby zblevinz555 » 09 Nov 2023 18:40

I kinda laughed at that one article about a year ago with the title of their piece asking is ft worth gonna be the next Austin. Watch Ft Worth be the one delivering the tallest tower in Texas come some qtr in 2030 lol

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 09 Nov 2023 20:21

zblevinz555 wrote: Watch Ft Worth be the one delivering the tallest tower in Texas come some qtr in 2030 lol

That might be the only way to get someone in Dallas to build something taller

I45Tex

Postby I45Tex » 09 Nov 2023 22:24

You're not wrong