Oak Lawn: The Argyle Apartments

Matt777

Oak Lawn: The Argyle Apartments

Postby Matt777 » 30 Oct 2017 21:23

I drove by the Argyle Apartments in Oak Lawn today and noticed heavy rebuilding and renovation going on. There were parts of the building you could practically see through, and the interior looked gutted. Does anyone know what's going on here? I know the building sold last year to Indio Mgmt which guts and rebuilds aging apartments. The building needed some TLC, but it would be a shame if they gutted the character of this 1920's midrise apartment building.

cowboyeagle05

Re: Oak Lawn: The Argyle Apartments

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 31 Oct 2017 09:41

Yeah, they are upgrading the building to modern finishes and sized units. My roommate used to live there and he was pushed out. They are doing half the building as phase 1 and whenever they finish they will do the other half. I know that the unit my roommate lived in had no kitchen just a bathroom sink so I imagine there are changes they will have to make just for the sake up being able to rent it out.

Quotes from the old article when it was purchased...https://www.dallasnews.com/business/real-estate/2016/11/07/oak-lawns-historic-argyle-apartment-high-rise-new-owner

With about 50 rental units, the building at Hall Street and Oak Lawn the Argyle is one of the oldest continually operating residential buildings in Dallas. Units in the Argyle range in size from 277-square-foot studio units to 2-bedroom apartments with more than 1,200 square feet.

Indio's Seth Bame said no major changes are planned for the building.
"We're going to clean up a little bit," Bame said. "We want to keep it eclectic as we got it."
“Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell”

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 31 Oct 2017 10:37

Well known people have kept a place at The Argyle over the decades....

Cmacemm

Postby Cmacemm » 01 Nov 2017 08:45

I hope they keep the same floor plans. I dated a girl that lived there for a few years about 10 years ago and I loved the way the apartments were laid out.