Uptown: The Crescent

Cord1936

Uptown: The Crescent

Postby Cord1936 » 09 Oct 2017 19:35

Astounding ... over 120 financial firms are now domiciled at The Crescent in Uptown! Quite an impressive feat for a single development to boast!

The Crescent Tower and Courtyard. (Courtesy of Crescent Real Estate)

Uptown’s The Crescent Now Boasts More Than 120 Financial Firms
On the heels of many new deals signed this summer, Crescent inked four more new tenants.
By Julia Bunch, D Magazine, October 5, 2017 10:36 AM

Article: https://www.dmagazine.com/commercial-real-estate/2017/10/uptowns-the-crescent-now-boasts-more-than-120-financial-firms/

DPatel304

Re: Uptown: The Crescent

Postby DPatel304 » 09 Oct 2017 20:27

That's quite insane, but definitely well deserved. Even today this is still one of the better looking buildings in Uptown.

I wish it was more pedestrian friendly and interacted with the neighborhood better, but it's really hard to change something like that about a building that was built a while ago.

joshua.dodd

Postby joshua.dodd » 09 Oct 2017 21:31

I wish more buildings in Dallas were designed with the quality and beauty of this building complex. The city has had too much ugly stucco and boring glass. We need more architectural class.

JohnMcKee

Postby JohnMcKee » 10 Oct 2017 10:05

While the materials used were certainly high-end The Crescent was considered rather kitschy almost to the point of tacky or vulgar at the time of it's construction and for a while after. While it has a certain architectural grandness that is appreciated today that wasn't always the case and might not continue to be.

I'm not surprised that so many financial firms have settled there, I mean yes of course it is the quality of the property but also the fact that it evokes feelings of solid conservatism and stability that many financial firms want to project. But that might not remain the case, it probably won't, at some point it's not solid conservatism and stability evoked, it's just old. Like the other major market projecting conservatism and stability for high end office space, law firms, we will probably see financial firms starting to move to sleek glassy towers as they try and attract new talent and the glassy towers start to feel more normal.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 18 Jul 2019 21:59

Farewell to Phillip Shepherd, the Dallas architect who helped make Uptown

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/comm ... ake-uptown