North Dallas: 8010 Park Lane

kingpin

North Dallas: 8010 Park Lane

Postby kingpin » 31 Aug 2017 13:27

New office tower on the way at Park Lane development on U.S. 75

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/real-estate/2017/08/31/new-office-tower-way-park-lane-development-us-75

The owners of one of North Dallas' biggest mixed-use projects are planning a new office development that would bring more business tenants to the complex.

The Park Lane development on U.S. Highway 75 already has a combination of shopping, high-rise apartments and three office buildings.

Now owner Northwood Investors is teaming up with commercial property firm Cushman & Wakefield to work on an office tower that would be constructed at the corner of Park Lane and U.S. 75.

The 35-acre Park Lane mixed-use project - located across the highway from NorthPark Center mall - opened in 2009.

The owners want to construct up to an up to 11-story office tower with as much as 340,000 square feet of space.

Northwood's Sandy Spurgin said the existing office space at Park Lane is almost fully leased.

"The motivation behind this new building is we've seen serious upward movement in the rents in our existing offices," Spurgin said. "We think we'll garner significant interest with this building."

Northwood hired architect Gensler - the same firm that did the Legacy West project in Plano - to design the tower.

DPatel304

Re: North Dallas: 8010 Park Lane

Postby DPatel304 » 31 Aug 2017 13:54

Nice bit of infill. I'd like this area more if it had better connectivity to the DART station, but I suppose that may eventually come as development continues in this area. This is also the first time I'm seeing the 'master plan' for this area, so it's cool to see more is still to come.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 31 Aug 2017 16:23

DPatel304 wrote:Nice bit of infill. I'd like this area more if it had better connectivity to the DART station, but I suppose that may eventually come as development continues in this area. This is also the first time I'm seeing the 'master plan' for this area, so it's cool to see more is still to come.

You realize that's all built already. Even the layout that shows "future multi-family" has already been built. The only thing they have room left for is the office tower and the small corner for the hotel.
“Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell”

Tivo_Kenevil

Postby Tivo_Kenevil » 31 Aug 2017 16:35

The surface parking lot by Whole Food is oversized. If I recall correctly that's essentially a podium of parking. Is the intent to build on top of the parking lot in the near future? More apartments would be nice.

DPatel304

Postby DPatel304 » 31 Aug 2017 16:38

cowboyeagle05 wrote:
DPatel304 wrote:Nice bit of infill. I'd like this area more if it had better connectivity to the DART station, but I suppose that may eventually come as development continues in this area. This is also the first time I'm seeing the 'master plan' for this area, so it's cool to see more is still to come.

You realize that's all built already. Even the layout that shows "future multi-family" has already been built. The only thing they have room left for is the office tower and the small corner for the hotel.

I was not aware. Actually, when I said 'more to come', I was referring to the future multi-family, hotel, and now this office tower, so I guess the only thing I didn't know about was the multi-family.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 31 Aug 2017 18:34

Good infill!