Opening Soon:
-Bird Bakery-November 2016
-Fendi-Spring 2017
-Hip Hip Hooray in the Village
-The Honor Bar

Now Open:
-Christofle-(67 Highland Park Village )
-Draper James-(6 Highland Park Village)
-Maison de Mode Pop-Up-(66 Highland Park Village)
-Tracy Anderson Pop-Up Studio-(Previous Scoop NYC Space, 44 Highland Park Village)

R1070

Re: Highland Park Village

Postby R1070 » 28 Dec 2016 18:02

Filson's pop-up store is now closed. Tracy Anderson's pop-up location is closing soon and Shinola is moving to NorthPark. It looks like Maison de Mode has closed (I could be mistaken).

Any news on new stores coming into the shopping center?

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 29 Dec 2016 23:28

R1070 wrote:Filson's pop-up store is now closed. Tracy Anderson's pop-up location is closing soon and Shinola is moving to NorthPark. It looks like Maison de Mode has closed (I could be mistaken).

Any news on new stores coming into the shopping center?

Filson is opening at Plano Legacy West for a permanent store. And yes Maison de Mode pop-up closed after its temp lease. The tot will be closing soon after the pop-up closes at the end of the year.

This leaves a lot of movement in the center:
FENDI is opening in February.
Previous Scoop NYC space- empty (divided into 2 new spaces)
Previous LAFCO NY space-empty (next to Christofle)
Previous Filson space- empty (next to Tom Ford)
The Tot space-leaving soon (next to Royal Blue)

Shinola has announced a Northpark Center store, but it is unclear about the future of the HP Village store, presumably it will close.

Also Papercity Dallas rumored a while ago that Valentino & Cartier were leaving Northpark Center for HP Village in Spring 2017, so we will see... lots of potential since they have so many empty space.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 10 Jan 2017 19:09

Tracey Anderson Studio, Filson, Shinola, and Maison de Mode have all vacated their pop-up store locations leaving many spaces empty in the HP Village. The Tot will be leaving this month.

The restaurant space next to Escada has been turned into a temporary private event space, most likely due to the high turnover rate of tenants in that space.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 08 Feb 2017 00:28

Fendi has opened in HP Village. (In previous Cole Haan Space)

Highly Anticipated New Italian Luxury Store Opens in Highland Park Village: Fendi Fever is Real

http://www.papercitymag.com/fashion/fen ... las-store/

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 08 Feb 2017 00:35

Many space are in transition, it will be interesting to see who opens shop.

----Previous Scoop NYC Space is now split into two spaces, with both vacant since the recent departure of the TA Pop-Up Studio.
----Shinola & Filson spaces have been vacated.
----Maison de Mode has vacated it's Pop-Up space.
----The Tot extended it's Pop-Up dates, but is expected to vacate soon.
----FENDI has now opened in the previous Cole Haan space.
----The HP Village is offering a temporary private event space in the restaurant space next to Escada, with a new restaurant concept on the way. ( I think they should just transition it to retail, they have a hard time keeping this one leased.)

----HP Village lists a career opportunity for a new store Tula Crosby? anyone have info?

----Papercity Magazine Dallas has announced that Valentino & Cartier are rumored to be moving from long time spaces in Northpark Center to new HP Village stores Spring 2017.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 09 Feb 2017 14:59

Newly Announced for Highland Park Village

Cartier is opening in the combined spaces of Shinola & Filson.
Tracey Anderson Pop-Up renewed lease until end of March
The Juice Bar is opening next to Christofle
Theory is relocating to 1 of 2 spaces of Scoop NYC
Valentino is opening in current Theory space (May 2017)

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 09 Feb 2017 21:04

Also, William Noble Rare Jewels has relocated next to Ralph Lauren replacing the Emily Summers | Studio.

And Emily Summers | Studio is moving to Knox Design District in March 2017.

NdoorTX

Postby NdoorTX » 09 Feb 2017 21:19

Jasimm wrote:Also, William Noble Rare Jewels has relocated next to Ralph Lauren replacing the Emily Summers | Studio.

I'm surprised Emily Summers is moving to the Knox District. It seems like a downgrade. As nice as the area is becoming, it's not the most high end location for a spot like ES. Perhaps the Design District? As an associate of RH we can sometimes hope to be off the Knox strip. Or at the least off the main thoroughfare. As RH has gone more upscale and design oriented it can be a challenge to service the "walk and sit" crowd. Hopefully ES can work that out.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 09 Feb 2017 21:29

NdoorTX wrote:
Jasimm wrote:Also, William Noble Rare Jewels has relocated next to Ralph Lauren replacing the Emily Summers | Studio.

I'm surprised Emily Summers is moving to the Knox District. It seems like a downgrade. As nice as the area is becoming, it's not the most high end location for a spot like ES. Perhaps the Design District? As an associate of RH we can sometimes hope to be off the Knox strip. Or at the least off the main thoroughfare. As RH has gone more upscale and design oriented it can be a challenge to service the "walk and sit" crowd. Hopefully ES can work that out.

http://www.emilysummersstudio.com/wp-co ... -26-17.pdf

" Emily Summers Design Associates announces the expansion of its
home office on Insurance Lane to include Emily Summers Studio. Emily Summers Studio will move from
its current location in the Highland Park Village on Friday, January 27th and will reopen in March of
2017. Emily Summers Studio will continue to represent lines such as KGBL, Saridis of Athens, Cedric
Hartman and Emily Summers Studio Line furniture. “We are excited to consolidate Emily Summers
Design Associates and Emily Summers Studio under one roof,” Summers says. “The expansion will
bring the Studio closer to all of our designers and clients.” Emily Summers Studio will be open at its
new location, 4639 Insurance Lane, beginning March 2017. Custom orders can be placed by calling
Madison Oatman (see number below). Store hours will be Monday – Friday, 10 – 5, and by
appointment."

NdoorTX

Postby NdoorTX » 09 Feb 2017 21:34

^seems like they have! that's quite off the beaten Knox St. path.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 09 Feb 2017 22:17

so, like, where does Knox line up in the grand scheme, in the Dallas Hierarchy of shopping? Will it continue to trend toward home furnishings? Are these stores too brand centric for the Design District?

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 24 Feb 2017 02:23

Cartier will be opening Fall 2017.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 14 Mar 2017 17:35

https://app.mygov.us/pi/citizen/report_ ... odulesID=1

Massive upgrade to Highland Park Village gets underway

"Construction is slated to begin next month on a massive upgrade to Highland Park Village, which will give the iconic Spanish-inspired shopping center a facelift and bring more retail space to this property.

The multimillion-dollar revamp to the tower along Preston Road — on the eastern side of Highland Park Village — includes remodeling and re-tenanting the second and third floors, as well as redoing the ground-floor lobby.

The tower, known as Building G, is currently occupied by Chanel, Starbucks, Anthropologie and William Noble Rare Jewels.

The upgrades will create a 6,100-square-foot rooftop terrace and will expand the third floor by about 19,000 square feet. It will also convert roughly 21,000 square feet of office space on the second floor into retail space, which, upon completion, will be home to the new William Noble Rare Jewels shop.

"We've been considering a renovation of this magnitude for years and it's one of the last pieces remaining to visually pull all of Highland Park Village together and integrate the authentic look of the original buildings that were built 85 years ago," said Ray Washburn, managing director of Highland Park Village, in a statement.

The exterior upgrades will reflect Highland Park Village's traditional Spanish architecture, which includes Spanish tile, facade details and wooden balconies.

The tower, which was originally constructed in 1965, will also be home to the newly relocated valet station to help improve traffic flow to better serve guests.

Dallas-based Omniplan is the project designer. The Whiting Turner Contracting Co. is the general contractor.

Omniplan has helped design various retail shops, such as Hermes' expansion, as the upgrades have continued throughout Highland Park Village.

The redo is slated for completion in mid-2018, with additional tenant announcements expected in coming months."

NdoorTX

Postby NdoorTX » 14 Mar 2017 19:00

HPVillage.jpg

great find! it's the least appealing part of the center. The Washburne's have done a great job with this center. I only wish they would reduce parking and take out some of the asphalt within the shopping area. Even with fairly new trees you sometimes see a cavalcade of cars that detracts from the atmosphere. Otherwise, HP Village is an asset to Dallas in every way.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dwight

Postby dwight » 14 Mar 2017 19:17

NdoorTX wrote:HPVillage.jpg

great find! it's the least appealing part of the center. The Washburne's have done a great job with this center. I only wish they would reduce parking and take out some of the asphalt within the shopping area. Even with fairly new trees you sometimes see a cavalcade of cars that detracts from the atmosphere. Otherwise, HP Village is an asset to Dallas in every way.

It would be such an improvement to reduce the surface parking. However, with limited parking already, continually expanding retail sq footage, and auto-centric HP, I don't see it happening. I wonder what the plan is for the lot north of Mockingbird. Perhaps a well disguised parking garage?

R1070

Postby R1070 » 14 Mar 2017 19:51

The parking is so ugly! put in parallel parking and greenspace and build a parking garage in the surface lot across Mockingbird for complimentary valet.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 14 Mar 2017 23:18

When is someone going to plan a hotel the neighborhood can live with? The fugly parking lot would be fixed with that.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 24 May 2017 04:42

"The town has also granted permission to add a 1,175-square-foot second floor to the interior building that houses the Vince clothing store — plans Village officials are working to finalize."

In addition to the renovations of G building they seem to be giving Vince a second story.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 24 May 2017 21:53

Wow.. I didn't realize Vince was doing that well. And what's the story with the TA pop-up that keeps getting extended? That's a prime spot right there that just seems to be wasting away.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 24 May 2017 22:41

R1070 wrote:Wow.. I didn't realize Vince was doing that well. And what's the story with the TA pop-up that keeps getting extended? That's a prime spot right there that just seems to be wasting away.

Neither did I. I am thinking a new store might open in the current Vince space, and then they will move to the TA space? Just a thought. But yes I am ready to see the TA studio leave and the village to announce a new boutique.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 25 May 2017 19:35

Still waiting on Prada to come back to Dallas. Seems so odd not having one here.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 25 May 2017 21:36

R1070 wrote:Still waiting on Prada to come back to Dallas. Seems so odd not having one here.

Agreed, not even a Miu Miu yet is odd for such a large metro. I am waiting to see if it Prada will open here or in some of the newly empty spaces of Northpark Center since HP Village might have left a bad taste in their mouth.

I would like to see a more "unique" opening for the TA studio space or HP Village in general. Something along the line of Givenchy, Loewe, Lanvin, Goyard would be nice....

R1070

Postby R1070 » 03 Jun 2017 15:00

The Tracy Anderson pop-up studio has closed.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 03 Jun 2017 22:27

R1070 wrote:The Tracy Anderson pop-up studio has closed.

Hopefully that means they have found a permanent tenant, and will announce soon.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 04 Jun 2017 08:32

I understand the neighborhood presents a design and scale challenge, but I have to wonder when this shopping center gets a hotel.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 30 Jun 2017 22:14

Veronica Beard Pop-Up- Coming Soon (into previous Tracy Anderson Pop-Up)

https://www.veronicabeard.com/

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 16 Jul 2017 12:05

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... rk-village

Posh new social club will be perched atop historic Highland Park Village

Steve Brown

...The private club will occupy the top of the centerpiece building at Highland Park Village on Preston Road.
Overlooking the Dallas Country Club, the high-end club is being planned and will be operated by former Rosewood Hotels CEO John Scott and long-time Dallas entertainment entrepreneur Brady Wood. ... members-only venue will include two private dining rooms, four bar and lounge areas, a swimming pool and cabanas, living room and library spaces and a large special event space. Outdoor terraces will have views of the neighborhood and the Dallas skyline.

Finally!!! HPV has needed something like this for a long time. It's the sort of place I would actually enjoy visiting occasionally, sometimes frequently. So stupidly exclusive, members only for sure. Everything will be perfect, delicious and beautiful. This is where the people will meet that the pretentious masses try to emulate. Being Dallas-Park Cities, though, this place will probably suffer from that specially blended overlord rot of evangelical sanctimony, old south divide and family money dementia.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 16 Nov 2017 17:20

VALENTINO has had a soft opening, and a grand opening party is coming soon.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 16 Nov 2017 20:47

I saw the store a couple of nights ago. It's very pretty.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 16 Nov 2017 20:49

R1070 wrote:I saw the store a couple of nights ago. It's very pretty.

The pictures of this store look quite nice. A great addition to HP Village.

The Northpark Valentino will remain open until January 2018.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 19 Jan 2018 14:01

Diane Von Furstenberg's only store in Texas at HP Village has closed.

Also Ellis Hill has left HP Village for Lovers Lane.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 19 Jan 2018 16:53

There was an article in WWD back in December about her looking into selling part of her stake in the business and closing some stores.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 22 Jan 2018 18:14

HP Permits show that a pop-up store for FRAME is opening the the previous DVF space. I am assuming this is FRAME denim from Los Angeles but I could be wrong. The opening date was not announced.

https://www.frame-store.com/?gclid=Cj0K ... 1WEALw_wcB

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 29 Jan 2018 18:38

Jasimm wrote:HP Permits show that a pop-up store for FRAME is opening the the previous DVF space. I am assuming this is FRAME denim from Los Angeles but I could be wrong. The opening date was not announced.

https://www.frame-store.com/?gclid=Cj0K ... 1WEALw_wcB

Signage went up today, confirmed that FRAME is opening a pop-up soon in the previous DvF space.

Dallasretail

Postby Dallasretail » 23 Feb 2018 10:25

Gwyneth Paltrow’s Goop is Opening a New Store in Dallas

https://www.papercitymag.com/fashion/gw ... k-village/

Also - my guess is TTH will close with the new changes
https://www.papercitymag.com/fashion/ta ... s-changes/

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 25 Feb 2018 22:13

Dallasretail wrote:Also - my guess is TTH will close with the new changes
https://www.papercitymag.com/fashion/ta ... s-changes/

The store is no longer associated with Taylor Tomasi Hill and is simply called Forty Five Ten.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 27 Feb 2018 20:32

I believe the GOOP store will go into the previous Ellis Hill store.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 27 Feb 2018 21:40

R1070 wrote:I believe the GOOP store will go into the previous Ellis Hill store.

That's what I was assuming because unless something leaves HP Village is tapped out. Well I guess the current William Noble space will open once it moves back into building G after construction.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 27 Feb 2018 21:45

A while ago I mentioned that Vince was approved for a second story expansion but this is the first image I have seen of the proposed second level. (The picture is really meant to highlight the new building G but you can see Vince in the corner).
NORTHWEST2(dusk)copy.jpg
All rights to Omniplan.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dallasretail

Postby Dallasretail » 02 Mar 2018 18:59

Billy Reid has closed. Surprising to see this - perhaps they will reopen at Northpark or move to Knox? With Austin, Houston and 2 Atlanta stores I would be surprised they couldn’t make it work in Dallas.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 02 Mar 2018 23:22

I always thought the move from NorthPark was odd for them. With the mix of retail that's at NorthPark now, I think Billy Reid would do well there.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 04 Mar 2018 10:42

R1070 wrote:I always thought the move from NorthPark was odd for them. With the mix of retail that's at NorthPark now, I think Billy Reid would do well there.

Billy Reid is a southern brand, I am sure they will relocate in Dallas. I would like for them to open on Knox/Henderson or Downtown, but probably will be Northpark. I wonder if maybe Plano or another suburb has poached them from HP Village.

DallasMan

Postby DallasMan » 06 Mar 2018 10:09

Wow, although I'm not surprised. Billy Reid has been in Dallas a LONG time, first in Deep Ellum, then in Northpark, and finally in HP Village. I shopped all 3 of their locations, but visited much less frequently once it moved to HP Village. I just don't shop HP, and by the time they moved there, their prices had gone up so much that it was no long really worth the price. Too bad.

His clothes are also regularly in Nordstrom, so perhaps that is the route he is going now? Just not the same as a stand-alone store, where they can pour you a bourbon and really give you quality service.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 11 Jun 2018 20:40

Giuseppe Zanotti also leaving Highland Park Village?

Butters

Postby Butters » 11 Jun 2018 21:54

Giuseppe Zanotti also leaving Highland Park Village?

I’ve heard that rumor too and they have wanted to close for awhile now

R1070

Postby R1070 » 11 Jun 2018 22:11

Was the store performing badly or is it related to the overall performance of the company?

Butters

Postby Butters » 11 Jun 2018 23:32

A Store employee told my wife’s friend it is the lowest performing store in the US. It’s really struggled with little foot traffic.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 12 Jun 2018 00:20

really needs a swank-D-swank hotel

R1070

Postby R1070 » 12 Jun 2018 21:01

Butters wrote:A Store employee told my wife’s friend it is the lowest performing store in the US. It’s really struggled with little foot traffic.

Certain stores that need foot traffic should not bother with HP Village. It's not going to be like opening in NorthPark.