Northpark Center

Butters

Re: Northpark Center

Postby Butters » 06 Oct 2018 15:40

According to sales people I know, Athleta will be taking Brookstone. I know my wife will like this as she wears Lululemon and Athleta a lot. Clarins will be a holiday pop up.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 06 Oct 2018 20:32

Athleta and Outdoor Voices opening on top of the other similar stores is too much. I feel like NorthPark gets stuck on a trend and goes overboard. We had a bunch of high end watch stores open around the same time, and then the make-up store trend at the mall, now it's athleisure stores.

Butters

Postby Butters » 07 Oct 2018 15:33

I wouldn’t call athleisure a trend anymore as both men & women dress regularly in their “Lululemon’s” and have been for years. I also don’t think 4 stores (Lululemon, Outdoor Voices, Athleta and Tory Sport) is overkill for a Center of NorthPark’s size. If you add NIKE that’s still only 5 and all these brands cater to different customers.
Curious what you think they should of put in that size space by Macy’s.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 07 Oct 2018 15:49

There's also Lorna Jane and Ivivva on the 2nd level. Patagonia would have been nice next to North Face or use the space to let another current retailer expand to the larger space and lease the smaller one to a newcomer to the center.

Butters

Postby Butters » 07 Oct 2018 17:02

I forgot about Lorna Jane but Ivivva is for kids and children.

hjkll

Postby hjkll » 07 Oct 2018 22:34

I emailed NP recently suggesting new stores and they said they'll have a few big announcements before the end of the year. Curious to see who it'll be. I hope they quickly fill in pop ups wherever they can for holiday season and then work on really getting everything good once January hits and retail cools down.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 08 Oct 2018 16:52

hjkll wrote:I emailed NP recently suggesting new stores and they said they'll have a few big announcements before the end of the year. Curious to see who it'll be. I hope they quickly fill in pop ups wherever they can for holiday season and then work on really getting everything good once January hits and retail cools down.

I am so impatient just release the list already! Haha

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 08 Oct 2018 16:57

R1070 wrote:Athleta and Outdoor Voices opening on top of the other similar stores is too much. I feel like NorthPark gets stuck on a trend and goes overboard. We had a bunch of high end watch stores open around the same time, and then the make-up store trend at the mall, now it's athleisure stores.

Well Outdoor Voices is a Texan brand which is nice to see opening in a permanent Dallas location. OV sells both men's and women's like Lululemon but Athleta will join Lorna Jane as selling only women's attire. Athleta is also part of GAP parent company (Banana Republic, GAP, GAP kids, GAP baby, Athleta, Intermix) which seems to be replacing the loss of a 5th presence after Intermix closed last year.

Dallasretail

Postby Dallasretail » 08 Oct 2018 18:13

Gap Inc recently announced a launch of a men’s athleisure wear line to complement Athleta. Wouldn’t be surprised if they did a co-storefront at. NorthPark https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.c ... hleta.html

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 17 Oct 2018 02:26

Athleta now listed as Coming Soon- Spring 2019 on Northpark's site.

hjkll

Postby hjkll » 24 Oct 2018 22:08

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/ret ... -makeovers

Northpark Macy's is getting a re-do. Why. They shouldn't be making it better they should just knock it down. Dillard's covers all the bases of a middle tier department store. The outdated notion that department stores drive mall volume needs to just go away already.

NdoorTX

Postby NdoorTX » 25 Oct 2018 20:11

hjkll wrote:https://www.dallasnews.com/business/retail/2018/10/23/macys-stores-dallas-frisco-among-first-us-toundergo-makeovers

Northpark Macy's is getting a re-do. Why. They shouldn't be making it better they should just knock it down. Dillard's covers all the bases of a middle tier department store. The outdated notion that department stores drive mall volume needs to just go away already.

Why would they close up shop? Just because you alone don’t shop there? I rarely step foot in a mall, much less a department store. But if they are making money & want to renovate one of there top stores- why not? It’s a free
market system we live in.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 29 Oct 2018 21:54

DFW exclusive Kids Atelier is now open.

Wishing they would announce something for the previous Pirch and Williams Sonoma spaces. Such big areas left empty for too long

Butters

Postby Butters » 31 Oct 2018 23:50

Jasimm -

I’m sworn to secrecy but my source has told me both spaces are in lease , both are new to Big D and both will be wonderful additions to NorthPark. Both have few US locations too. Hopefully they will be announced soon.

hjkll

Postby hjkll » 01 Nov 2018 00:39

Butters wrote:Jasimm -

I’m sworn to secrecy but my source has told me both spaces are in lease , both are new to Big D and both will be wonderful additions to NorthPark. Both have few US locations too. Hopefully they will be announced soon.

Hints?? American or European?? Anything??

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 01 Nov 2018 01:05

Butters wrote:Jasimm -

^^^
Can't wait to see what they have lined up, I need to ask santa for the list of stores coming soon.
Glad to see some more exclusives opening up.

Speaking of coming soon, Akola has announced another holiday pop-up opening this week I believe.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 01 Nov 2018 20:31

I assume Akola will go into the previous Clarins pop-up.

Is the Pirch space still being divided into more than one space?

Waiting for Pinto Ranch to move on from NorthPark. That place is just awkward. lol

Butters

Postby Butters » 02 Nov 2018 06:00

Former Pirch space is going to 1 tenant I’m told. It was never going to be subdivided into multiple spaces. I haven’t heard anything about Pinto Ranch but a western wear store in Dallas Texas is hardly odd. Let’s see what goes in Pirch then maybe they add another use in there when that lease comes up

I heard another cool hip exclusive European brand will be announced very soon from my friend at John Varvatos. Sales folks sure hear & talk a lot lol.
Last edited by Butters on 02 Nov 2018 21:26, edited 1 time in total.

LongonBigD

Postby LongonBigD » 02 Nov 2018 16:14

I don’t know what kind of sales Pinto Ranch pulls in but I’m not totally surprised it’s in NorthPark. The mall is heavily visited by foreign visitors to our city. They expect to see (and hopefully purchase) more contemporary western wear.

They also search out postcards to send home with Longhorn cattle grazing our open prairies! You know like at Fuel City.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 02 Nov 2018 17:04

Splendid is gone and the boards are up for build out of 7s return to the mall.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 06 Nov 2018 19:48

Butters wrote:Former Pirch space is going to 1 tenant I’m told. It was never going to be subdivided into multiple spaces. I haven’t heard anything about Pinto Ranch but a western wear store in Dallas Texas is hardly odd. Let’s see what goes in Pirch then maybe they add another use in there when that lease comes up

I heard another cool hip exclusive European brand will be announced very soon from my friend at John Varvatos. Sales folks sure hear & talk a lot lol.

Topshop and COS are trendy and Euro. hmm...

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 07 Nov 2018 03:34

R1070 wrote:
Butters wrote:Former Pirch space is going to 1 tenant I’m told. It was never going to be subdivided into multiple spaces. I haven’t heard anything about Pinto Ranch but a western wear store in Dallas Texas is hardly odd. Let’s see what goes in Pirch then maybe they add another use in there when that lease comes up

Topshop and COS are trendy and Euro. hmm...

I was thinking the same thing. A store of that size that comes to mind would be ...
Topshop/Topman (Has a Houston location),
COS (Has Austin and Houston locations),
Pull and Bear (No USA stores),
Massimo Dutti (Planned Houston store but canceled?),
Primark (No Texas stores)

Matt777

Postby Matt777 » 07 Nov 2018 09:23

No Primark, please. If we need a "low cost" clothing retailer at NorthPark have it be Uniqlo instead.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 07 Nov 2018 20:55

It's surprising that there isn't already a Uniqlo in the area since places like Denver already have stores.

Butters

Postby Butters » 08 Nov 2018 19:10

I highly doubt NorthPark would put a Primark between the Top Neiman Marcus and Top 5 Nordstrom. I’m hearing it’s a food and beverage concept

Butters

Postby Butters » 26 Nov 2018 10:57

New store coming. My friend spoke to a consultant for the new Dreamscape Immersive by AMC. Here is what I found on them. Looks cool

https://www.dreamscapeimmersive.com/index.html

R1070

Postby R1070 » 27 Nov 2018 21:02

ummm...

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 28 Nov 2018 14:20

Butters wrote:New store coming. My friend spoke to a consultant for the new Dreamscape Immersive by AMC. Here is what I found on them. Looks cool

https://www.dreamscapeimmersive.com/index.html

Hmmm interesting.... Not for me.
Wonder if this does open if it will take a chunk out of the AMC space or have a stand alone storefront.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 28 Nov 2018 16:07

I am betting this will take a separate storefront space. I imagine its an investment for AMC but not meant to necessarily be adapted to their current traditional theater experience. This reminds me of the way malls used to all have Laser Tag or Glow in the dark golf/arcades. They are experimenting with VR to see if it will take off.
“Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell”

R1070

Postby R1070 » 28 Nov 2018 19:57

Maybe the old TGI Friday's space?

Butters

Postby Butters » 29 Nov 2018 17:25

I will guess it is a short term lease to try out the concept. It’s going to open in the former Sephora space on level 2. Here’s additional info from their century city pop up

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hollyw ... up-1082632

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 03 Dec 2018 09:28

^^It's a pretty impressive "cast" of owners, investors and advisers... Obviously they have quite a bit of cash behind them and from the initial pop-ups it looks like they're going after the high-end market. Westfield Century City and NorthPark are probably 2 of the priciest malls to lease at.
No surprise that Dreamscape Immersive is leaps and bounds ahead of the competition, given the Hollywood heavyweights involved. The team also includes CEO Bruce Vaughn (former head of Walt Disney Imagineering), co-chairman Kevin Wall (Emmy-winning producer and activist), and COO Aaron Grosky (president of Control Room entertainment). Steven Spielberg, Majid Al Futtaim, Warner Brothers, 21st Century Fox, MGM, AMC Entertainment, Westfield Malls, Nickelodeon and Imax are among the investors. Former Walt Disney Company COO Tom Staggs, former Warner Brothers marketing chief Dan Fellman, Oscar-winning director Gore Verbinski, Oscar-winning composer Hans Zimmer, Oscar-winning production designer Rick Carter, and famed industrial designer Yves Behar are all company advisers

Butters

Postby Butters » 11 Dec 2018 15:26

Big News. I was at NorthPark today and the company who installs barricade graphics was there taking measurements for the new Dolce & Gabbana store (former William’s Sonoma space) as well as the new Golden Goose Deluxe Brand barricade which will open in the Gucci area.

2 more great additions

R1070

Postby R1070 » 11 Dec 2018 20:22

Which space would GGD go into? Where Versace currently is? or next to Johnny Was?

Also, that entire old WS space is going to be D&G? I figured they'd break up that space, it's huge.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 30 Dec 2018 16:21

7 For All Mankind has re-opened in their new location where Splendid was. The Bottletop pop-up has closed. I'm not sure how long the Akola pop-up will be open.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 03 Jan 2019 18:09

Fresh appears to be on the move as they have signage up in their window saying they are moving and will be in a temporary space on the 2nd floor. I'm not sure where the temp space is and where their new permanent spot will be located. I assume this has to do with another retailer wanting their current space, but I'm not sure what.

Also, Henri Bendel looks to be closing soon as the store (as expected from recent news of them closing their stores). I'm not sure what's planned for this space. I expect we will see some more shuffling to get tenants into the high-end spaces opening up.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 09 Jan 2019 22:58

Butters wrote:Big News. I was at NorthPark today and the company who installs barricade graphics was there taking measurements for the new Dolce & Gabbana store (former William’s Sonoma space) as well as the new Golden Goose Deluxe Brand barricade which will open in the Gucci area.

2 more great additions

Dolce & Gabbana in Trouble Before it even Opens ?

Northpark deletes social media promoting new store due to community outcry over D&G controversies. Will it still open? Probably....right?

"NorthPark Center likes to be a happy place, not a controversial one.

But it crossed the line with some fans this week when Dallas' successful A+ mall excitedly broke news on Instagram that it had snagged the first Dolce & Gabbana boutique in North Texas. Then the comments started coming, dozens of them. They weren't all negative, but mostly. The post also received 838 likes before it was taken down.

Its foes object to marketing campaigns, body shaming and leaked messages from co-founder Stefano Gabbana, according to published reports.

A November Dolce & Gabanna runway show in Shanghai was cancelled after criticism surfaced of statements considered offensive. That involved a Dolce & Gabbana Instagram ad campaign that featured a female Chinese model, reports Vox.

Leases take years to materialize and NorthPark made the announcement as it was being finalized, said Kristen Gibbins, executive director of marketing and strategy at NorthPark.

"However, given the feedback," she said the mall decided to remove the news until it "has the opportunity to address" the issues raised with the brand.

Before it was taken down, NorthPark updated its Instagram statement Wednesday, saying:

"While NorthPark Center is first and foremost a shopping center, we aim to provide an inclusive and welcoming environment for all visitors. Our core values as a company are separate and not based in those of our tenants. We hear your feedback and look to Dolce & Gabbana to address the concerns surrounding their brand."

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/ret ... sh-critics

https://www.parkcitiespeople.com/2018/1 ... northpark/

R1070

Postby R1070 » 12 Jan 2019 21:26

Henri Bendel is closed and construction boards are up for something to go into that space. Morphe and Kate Spade are currently closed for renovations.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 17 Jan 2019 21:35

Construction boards are up on the space next to Johnny Was and the where L'Occitane was. Boards are also up on the Saint Laurent space to begin construction.

itsjrd1964

Postby itsjrd1964 » 21 Jan 2019 18:27

OK kids, make of this what you will, but you all might want to sit down, have a drinkie, and fasten your seat belts........

I just saw a man on the bus within the last hour or so, he was telling somebody on the phone about a new hotel at NorthPark he'd be on the construction crew on.

Of course I nearly fell out of my seat, and immediately thought of the Forum and you all.

Anyway, he claims it'll be a Hyatt and have 18 stories with retail/restaurants along with it. He didn't know how many rooms but he said it would be "a 5 year project". This was mentioned along with the Hyatt that's being added to Stonebriar Centre mall, almost like it would be the same construction crew doing both. He didn't say when construction would begin (if this is for real).

Yes, I tried Googling and nothing about an upcoming NP hotel came up. Sorry if the guy is full of crap or if this is a grain-of-salt moment, but I've been around the DFWU long enough to know that some of you want there to be a hotel at NorthPark. If I knew he was drunk or just pontificating, it'd be one thing. I'm guessing with all the flurry of ins/outs among the mall storefronts there that you all have found out about and reported, you all (or one of you) probably would have heard something besides biz-gossip by now about this kind of addition.

Again, my apologies if this turns out to be a dry-hole of a story.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 21 Jan 2019 18:51

Wow... I figured the eventual hotel at NP would be a JW Marriott, Intercontinental or even a Loews.

itsjrd1964

Postby itsjrd1964 » 21 Jan 2019 22:03

He didn't look like the hotel-industry type, so he might not be exactly right on the brand.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 22 Jan 2019 09:08

If true, I would think they could build that quite a bit quicker than 5 years... I mean most projects of that size generally just take 2-3 years. Would definitely be cool and would love to see the additional retail / restaurant space in some sort of outdoor space like what Willow Bend just did... Good looking out though!

muncien

Postby muncien » 22 Jan 2019 09:58

Funny how in the days of the Internets, sometimes the best way to come across information is word of mouth. I remember hearing about the Harwood Hotel at a bar in Las Colinas several months before it was ever made public. Good find! It'll be fun to see if/when anything materializes. :)

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself a bit here... but if the hotel is integrated with a mall expansion, that may require a bit more planning and additional demo work... Perhaps that has something to do with the five year timeline.
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

LongonBigD

Postby LongonBigD » 22 Jan 2019 16:14

The long timeline could have something to do with finding replacement parking spaces for all that surface parking that would need to be sacrificed. In addition to mall shoppers, they need to plan on space for construction crews and equipment. A new parking garage could add a year easily to the timeline depending on size and technique.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 23 Jan 2019 18:35

Golden Goose is now listed as coming Fall 2019 on the NorthPark website.

Butters

Postby Butters » 24 Jan 2019 09:34

NorthPark is on the JW Marriott New location list.

NdoorTX

Postby NdoorTX » 24 Jan 2019 09:40

WOW! we have some serious sleuthers on here peaking into every corner...

Roman_Patrick

Postby Roman_Patrick » 24 Jan 2019 10:05

Holy Cow! A JW Marriott at Northpark! This would be the first JW in Dallas correct?
May I ask where did you find this list? :D

Matt777

Postby Matt777 » 24 Jan 2019 11:22

A JW Marriott would be a good fit for Northpark, but I would prefer that marque Downtown.