Northpark Center

User avatar
Proquest20
Posts: 146
Joined: 30 Jan 2020 23:18

Re: Northpark Center

Postby Proquest20 » 07 May 2021 16:20

jrp2066 wrote:According to this permit application, it appears that Shake Shack will be replacing the current Sonic in the food court.

https://developdallas.dallascityhall.com/Default.aspx?PossePresentation=MasterPermitPublic&PosseObjectId=165655633

This is great! I initially thought it would go into the old Theodore location as I have never seen a Shake Shack in a food court, and the ones in malls, like Houston’s Galleria, are full sized locations. So I am very interested to see how this turns out!

As for my expectation of Apple being rebuilt, I don’t think they’ve rebuilt the store in a long time, their upgrades were just the addition of the video walls and other things, but it still has the metal exterior instead of the modernised white one that the Galleria, the old Willow Bend one, and Southlake have. So eventually I’d expect it to happen, but with the recent upgrades maybe now isn’t the right time.

User avatar
R1070
Posts: 1391
Joined: 26 Oct 2016 21:00

Re: Northpark Center

Postby R1070 » 22 May 2021 14:50

Disney and Cotton On spaces are boarded up. I’m assuming Uno de 50 will go into the previous Fresh space.

User avatar
R1070
Posts: 1391
Joined: 26 Oct 2016 21:00

Re: Northpark Center

Postby R1070 » 27 May 2021 21:39

The Balenciaga store is open and a much better space than they had at HP Village.

User avatar
R1070
Posts: 1391
Joined: 26 Oct 2016 21:00

Re: Northpark Center

Postby R1070 » 07 Jun 2021 13:15

I guess Apple isn’t expanding, Psycho Bunny is opening in the old Marmi space. Tonal is going in where Fresh was.

User avatar
acclar11
Posts: 87
Joined: 28 Apr 2020 10:17

Re: Northpark Center

Postby acclar11 » 07 Jun 2021 15:04

R1070 wrote:I guess Apple isn’t expanding, Psycho Bunny is opening in the old Marmi space. Tonal is going in where Fresh was.

I always assumed the Psycho Bunny space was temporary, they opened just days after Tory Sport closed, and the space looked the same.

User avatar
ArtVandelay
Posts: 210
Joined: 01 Nov 2016 12:44

Re: Northpark Center

Postby ArtVandelay » 09 Jun 2021 15:27

If Disney can't make it at NorthPark, what does that say for the future of brick and mortar retail?

User avatar
Addison
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Nov 2020 17:13

Re: Northpark Center

Postby Addison » 09 Jun 2021 15:38

ArtVandelay wrote:If Disney can't make it at NorthPark, what does that say for the future of brick and mortar retail?


Disney has decided to close almost all of their brick & mortar stores. That's hardly an indictment of Northpark, Dallas, or Brick & Mortar retail in general.

Now, on the other hand, I think Bvlgari's quiet exit out of Dallas without explanation is more concerning IMO (given this was the only location to close).

User avatar
Proquest20
Posts: 146
Joined: 30 Jan 2020 23:18

Re: Northpark Center

Postby Proquest20 » 10 Jun 2021 14:19

I agree. The Bvlgari store at NorthPark was relatively new as well, and they had a store already there prior to that one which was also there for a long time. I hope they return eventually, whether they choose NorthPark, HPV, or even Downtown.
Anyone know what the plan is for the spaces behind the ticketing stand beneath the AMC movie theatre? I know there used to be a restaurant there, but they’ve been empty for a very long time, and to be honest, I’m quite disappointed that Shake Shack and Dreamscape didn’t fill those spaces.

User avatar
R1070
Posts: 1391
Joined: 26 Oct 2016 21:00

Re: Northpark Center

Postby R1070 » 10 Jun 2021 17:08

Dreamscape should have gone in that space. I could see Lego expanding to a bigger space. The Bulgari closure isn’t surprising since the latest space they were in was temporary and Balenciaga was already planned to go in there. Maybe it will pop up again at NP or HP Village. Their Atlanta location closed a while ago, so maybe they are doing some gradual downsizing.

User avatar
acclar11
Posts: 87
Joined: 28 Apr 2020 10:17

Re: Northpark Center

Postby acclar11 » 13 Jun 2021 18:47

Etoile is out. Uno de 50 is replacing the space.

User avatar
R1070
Posts: 1391
Joined: 26 Oct 2016 21:00

Re: Northpark Center

Postby R1070 » 18 Jun 2021 19:59

Faherty is opening a store next to the James Avery store. I think this space was previously a Chico's store.

User avatar
R1070
Posts: 1391
Joined: 26 Oct 2016 21:00

Re: Northpark Center

Postby R1070 » 06 Jul 2021 15:03

Diesel and Tonal are open. Camilla is going into the previous Sugarfina location and something is going on with express. They are doing some work there.

User avatar
Jasimm
Posts: 280
Joined: 24 Oct 2016 22:47

Re: Northpark Center

Postby Jasimm » 12 Jul 2021 13:09

Burberry Children's boutique announced for opening in empty space between Rolex and Bottega Veneta.

User avatar
R1070
Posts: 1391
Joined: 26 Oct 2016 21:00

Re: Northpark Center

Postby R1070 » 12 Jul 2021 14:41

Oh nice. I’m glad that space isn’t going to be used to expand Rolex. There’s enough space dedicated to luxury watches.

On another note, glad to see that Cotton On remodeled. Their previous storefront was literally falling off.

User avatar
acclar11
Posts: 87
Joined: 28 Apr 2020 10:17

Re: Northpark Center

Postby acclar11 » 12 Jul 2021 17:16

Jasimm wrote:Burberry Children's boutique announced for opening in empty space between Rolex and Bottega Veneta.

The same concept opened at Somerset Collection a few months ago.

User avatar
R1070
Posts: 1391
Joined: 26 Oct 2016 21:00

Re: Northpark Center

Postby R1070 » 12 Jul 2021 17:21

Surprised we haven’t seen a Moncler, Zadig & Voltaire or Jo Malone in there yet. Even Kiton would be a good fit here.

Z&V would be good for the old Frye location near Allsaints.

User avatar
acclar11
Posts: 87
Joined: 28 Apr 2020 10:17

Re: Northpark Center

Postby acclar11 » 12 Jul 2021 18:29

R1070 wrote:Surprised we haven’t seen a Moncler, Zadig & Voltaire or Jo Malone in there yet. Even Kiton would be a good fit here.

Z&V would be good for the old Frye location near Allsaints.

Jo Malone could fit in the former Marmi spot. If the old Gregory's space was divided, Moncler could fit in one half, and maybe Vera Wang or John Hardy in the other half.

User avatar
R1070
Posts: 1391
Joined: 26 Oct 2016 21:00

Re: Northpark Center

Postby R1070 » 12 Jul 2021 21:28

Psycho Bunny is moving into the old Marmi spot, but yea...there could be some shuffling to accommodate some of these.

User avatar
Dallasretail
Posts: 52
Joined: 01 Aug 2017 16:13

Re: Northpark Center

Postby Dallasretail » 12 Jul 2021 22:15

Very surprised that Moncler just opened their second store in Houston and we still don’t have one. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Prada come after a seemingly very successful Neimans pop up. Buck Mason has Dallas jobs posted as well.

User avatar
R1070
Posts: 1391
Joined: 26 Oct 2016 21:00

Re: Northpark Center

Postby R1070 » 12 Jul 2021 22:28

I was thinking that about Prada as well. Buck Mason must be going to Knox or West Village.

Lafayette 148 is another brand that is oddly not here yet.

User avatar
undefinedprocess
Site Admin
Posts: 466
Joined: 05 Jul 2020 05:45
Contact:

Re: Northpark Center

Postby undefinedprocess » 13 Jul 2021 09:59

Would really like to see Prada and Moncler have a presence here.

User avatar
Jasimm
Posts: 280
Joined: 24 Oct 2016 22:47

Re: Northpark Center

Postby Jasimm » 13 Jul 2021 18:45

Dallasretail wrote:Very surprised that Moncler just opened their second store in Houston and we still don’t have one. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Prada come after a seemingly very successful Neimans pop up. Buck Mason has Dallas jobs posted as well.


I would not be surprised if the River Oaks location closed, just as when Tom Ford & Akris moved to the Galleria a while back from the RoD.

Buck Mason would do well in Knox or West Village.
Last edited by Jasimm on 13 Jul 2021 19:45, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Jasimm
Posts: 280
Joined: 24 Oct 2016 22:47

Re: Northpark Center

Postby Jasimm » 13 Jul 2021 19:00

R1070 wrote:I was thinking that about Prada as well. Buck Mason must be going to Knox or West Village.

Lafayette 148 is another brand that is oddly not here yet.


I would anticipate the return of Prada or Bulgari to happen sometime soon. Possible leaving Northpark and opening at HP Village or Legacy West.

Stores I would like to see come to market that are realistic A.P.C., Reiss, ZADIG & VOLTAIRE, Creed, Miu Miu

Hopeful longshots to open boutiques would include Loewe, Givenchy, Acne Studios, Cire Trudon, Marni

User avatar
Proquest20
Posts: 146
Joined: 30 Jan 2020 23:18

Re: Northpark Center

Postby Proquest20 » 14 Jul 2021 00:42

I really hope Giorgio Armani makes a return to the Dallas market. Ironically, the space that they used to be in, which is the former Gregory’s, is still vacant right now. Maybe they can come back and take that space again lol

User avatar
Tucy
Posts: 1250
Joined: 19 Oct 2016 12:50

Re: Northpark Center

Postby Tucy » 14 Jul 2021 07:23

Jasimm wrote:
I would anticipate the return of Prada or Bulgari to happen sometime soon. Possible leaving Northpark and opening at HP Village or Legacy West.


"leaving Northpark"? Wouldn't they have to be in Northpark before they could leave it?

User avatar
undefinedprocess
Site Admin
Posts: 466
Joined: 05 Jul 2020 05:45
Contact:

Re: Northpark Center

Postby undefinedprocess » 14 Jul 2021 09:22

Jasimm wrote:
R1070 wrote:I was thinking that about Prada as well. Buck Mason must be going to Knox or West Village.

Lafayette 148 is another brand that is oddly not here yet.


I would anticipate the return of Prada or Bulgari to happen sometime soon. Possible leaving Northpark and opening at HP Village or Legacy West.

Stores I would like to see come to market that are realistic A.P.C., Reiss, ZADIG & VOLTAIRE, Creed, Miu Miu

Hopeful longshots to open boutiques would include Loewe, Givenchy, Acne Studios, Cire Trudon, Marni

I'd lose my mind for A.P.C, Creed, Givenchy, Acne, and Marni.

User avatar
R1070
Posts: 1391
Joined: 26 Oct 2016 21:00

Re: Northpark Center

Postby R1070 » 14 Jul 2021 11:14

Tucy wrote:
Jasimm wrote:
I would anticipate the return of Prada or Bulgari to happen sometime soon. Possible leaving Northpark and opening at HP Village or Legacy West.


"leaving Northpark"? Wouldn't they have to be in Northpark before they could leave it?


Bulgari left NorthPark. Prada was previously at HP Village though.

User avatar
R1070
Posts: 1391
Joined: 26 Oct 2016 21:00

Re: Northpark Center

Postby R1070 » 14 Jul 2021 11:15

Proquest20 wrote:I really hope Giorgio Armani makes a return to the Dallas market. Ironically, the space that they used to be in, which is the former Gregory’s, is still vacant right now. Maybe they can come back and take that space again lol


The Atlanta boutique closed in recent years, so I’m thinking they are downsizing their footprint.

User avatar
Tucy
Posts: 1250
Joined: 19 Oct 2016 12:50

Re: Northpark Center

Postby Tucy » 14 Jul 2021 12:20

R1070 wrote:
Tucy wrote:
Jasimm wrote:
I would anticipate the return of Prada or Bulgari to happen sometime soon. Possible leaving Northpark and opening at HP Village or Legacy West.


"leaving Northpark"? Wouldn't they have to be in Northpark before they could leave it?


Bulgari left NorthPark. Prada was previously at HP Village though.


Prada at HP Village seems to be an urban myth.

User avatar
Addison
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Nov 2020 17:13

Re: Northpark Center

Postby Addison » 14 Jul 2021 12:22

It's kind of weird how when these luxury retailers "downsize," they *ALWAYS* only close the Dallas store but never the Houston store.

That's a whole 'nother conversation though...

User avatar
Tucy
Posts: 1250
Joined: 19 Oct 2016 12:50

Re: Northpark Center

Postby Tucy » 14 Jul 2021 13:52

Addison wrote:It's kind of weird how when these luxury retailers "downsize," they *ALWAYS* only close the Dallas store but never the Houston store.

That's a whole 'nother conversation though...


Interesting. That led me to check locations of stores/boutiques of the shops listed above as being desirable "gets" for Dallas:

Moncler: Already mentioned above, Has stores in Houston Galleria and River Oaks District in Houston
Prada: Has a store in Houston Galleria
Bulgari: Has a store in Houston Galleria
A.P.C.: No stores in Texas, but they have a boutique in the Galleria Nordstrom (no stores or dept store boutiques in Dallas)
Reiss: No stores in Texas, but good news! They have a boutique in the Northpark Nordstrom (Reiss does look like a cool store; I had not heard of it before)
Zadig & Voltaire: Has a store in River Oaks District (Houston)
Creed: Opening store in Houston Galleria later this year.
Miu Miu: No stores in Texas
Loewe: No stores in Texas
Givenchy: No stores in Texas
Acne Studios: No stores in Texas
Cire Trudon: No stores in Texas, but they have "resellers" in both Houston and Dallas
Marni: No stores in Texas
Giorgio Armani: Has a store in Houston Galleria
Buck Mason: Has a store in Austin; nothing in Houston or, currently, Dallas.
Lafayette 148: No stores in Texas
Jo Malone: Has a store in Houston Galleria
Last edited by Tucy on 16 Jul 2021 09:23, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
R1070
Posts: 1391
Joined: 26 Oct 2016 21:00

Re: Northpark Center

Postby R1070 » 14 Jul 2021 19:32

Z&V has a store in Houston (ROD)
Miu Miu in Houston closed

User avatar
Tucy
Posts: 1250
Joined: 19 Oct 2016 12:50

Re: Northpark Center

Postby Tucy » 16 Jul 2021 09:22

R1070 wrote:Z&V has a store in Houston (ROD)
Miu Miu in Houston closed

Good catches. Thanks. Corrected in original post

User avatar
R1070
Posts: 1391
Joined: 26 Oct 2016 21:00

Re: Northpark Center

Postby R1070 » 16 Jul 2021 17:26

Express appears to be shifting over next to the Aritzia space being built out where Gap was.

User avatar
acclar11
Posts: 87
Joined: 28 Apr 2020 10:17

Re: Northpark Center

Postby acclar11 » 16 Jul 2021 20:22

R1070 wrote:Express appears to be shifting over next to the Aritzia space being built out where Gap was.

Relocating or Expanding?

User avatar
R1070
Posts: 1391
Joined: 26 Oct 2016 21:00

Re: Northpark Center

Postby R1070 » 16 Jul 2021 20:24

It looks like it's taking up some of the old Gap space and still keeping some of their old store space (the right side of the old store). I'm not sure if the current temp space (the left side of the old store) will be included to make the store larger or if they will vacate that space.

User avatar
Proquest20
Posts: 146
Joined: 30 Jan 2020 23:18

Re: Northpark Center

Postby Proquest20 » 19 Jul 2021 11:40

I wonder when NorthPark is going to finally get more upscale dining options. For a place that houses Saint Laurent and Burberry you’d expect they can do better than P.F Changs. Hopefully they can attract more high-end restaurants like they did at the Houston Galleria.

And what’s going on with the former Theodore space? It’s practically unheard of for any spaces in NorthPark to be vacant for that long.

User avatar
acclar11
Posts: 87
Joined: 28 Apr 2020 10:17

Re: Northpark Center

Postby acclar11 » 25 Jul 2021 17:15

White House | Black Market is closing.

User avatar
Addison
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Nov 2020 17:13

Re: Northpark Center

Postby Addison » 25 Jul 2021 17:56

acclar11 wrote:White House | Black Market is closing.


Looks like a redundancy.

There's a location nearby on Preston & Royal (in front of Central Market).

User avatar
R1070
Posts: 1391
Joined: 26 Oct 2016 21:00

Re: Northpark Center

Postby R1070 » 25 Jul 2021 18:31

Not surprised by that. I always thought it and Chico’s would close. It hung on longer than Chico’s.

User avatar
acclar11
Posts: 87
Joined: 28 Apr 2020 10:17

Re: Northpark Center

Postby acclar11 » 25 Jul 2021 20:30

Chico's also has a location across the street from Preston Oaks.

Also it looks like Preston Oaks lost a bunch of tenants like Gap, Athleta, Francesca's, Furs By Martin, Interabang, & The Gents Place.

User avatar
acclar11
Posts: 87
Joined: 28 Apr 2020 10:17

Re: Northpark Center

Postby acclar11 » 06 Aug 2021 20:08

Looks like NP updated/re-did their website. I liked the old design better, but this still looks nice.

User avatar
Proquest20
Posts: 146
Joined: 30 Jan 2020 23:18

Re: Northpark Center

Postby Proquest20 » 07 Aug 2021 00:18

acclar11 wrote:Looks like NP updated/re-did their website. I liked the old design better, but this still looks nice.


I like the new design. It's more on-par with what other shopping centers in the area have done with their websites, like the Galleria, although the old design was still very good whereas the Galleria desperately needed a redesigned website.

By far my favorite part of the NorthPark website redesign is that the map now shows the artworks that are on display at different parts of the mall, which is a nice touch of personality that was absent previously when the map was made up of a bunch of blocks.

One very curious observation of mine is that, while there are now different categories to browse by, being luxury, children's, men's, women's, and home, there lacks a category for cosmetics, which I believe would be necessary considering there are a remarkable amount of cosmetics stores at NorthPark (being Lush, Sephora, MAC, Kiehls, Spa Nordstrom, Morphe, etc;), making them worthy of their own category.
Last edited by Proquest20 on 07 Aug 2021 00:52, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Proquest20
Posts: 146
Joined: 30 Jan 2020 23:18

Re: Northpark Center

Postby Proquest20 » 07 Aug 2021 00:25

Also wanted to say that I really don't like the redesign of Bath and Body Works. I was hoping that it was going to be like the Galleria store, and that they'd use the Peloton space for their White Barn brand, but it seems that they just pushed their White Barn section to the back...

Also not a huge fan of the Louis Vuitton redesign, the store itself is fine but the storefront from the inside of the mall looks tacky and rushed, especially in comparison to the new Houston Men's store which looks great. I preferred the way the old NorthPark Louis Vuitton looked, and the way the Galleria Dallas store looks, too.

User avatar
R1070
Posts: 1391
Joined: 26 Oct 2016 21:00

Re: Northpark Center

Postby R1070 » 07 Aug 2021 11:20

Agree on B&BW, but it’s still an improvement over what it previously was.

User avatar
Tucy
Posts: 1250
Joined: 19 Oct 2016 12:50

Re: Northpark Center

Postby Tucy » 07 Aug 2021 11:58

Proquest20 wrote:Also not a huge fan of the Louis Vuitton redesign, the store itself is fine but the storefront from the inside of the mall looks tacky and rushed, especially in comparison to the new Houston Men's store which looks great. I preferred the way the old NorthPark Louis Vuitton looked, and the way the Galleria Dallas store looks, too.


It was surprising to see them add a separate men's store in Houston right after they combined their stores in Northpark. I suppose it's just a matter of what space is available.

User avatar
R1070
Posts: 1391
Joined: 26 Oct 2016 21:00

Re: Northpark Center

Postby R1070 » 07 Aug 2021 12:57

Does the LV at the Houston Galleria already have the full men’s line and the men’s store is in addition to?

User avatar
Tucy
Posts: 1250
Joined: 19 Oct 2016 12:50

Re: Northpark Center

Postby Tucy » 07 Aug 2021 14:01

R1070 wrote:Does the LV at the Houston Galleria already have the full men’s line and the men’s store is in addition to?


I have no idea whether they had the "full" men's line. There are probably few, if any, stores that have the full line. They definitely had men's merchandise. Presumably, they have re-merchandised the existing store.

User avatar
Jasimm
Posts: 280
Joined: 24 Oct 2016 22:47

Re: Northpark Center

Postby Jasimm » 19 Aug 2021 03:39

Levi's Store Opening Soon (Between Fossil & The North Face-Level 1)

User avatar
undefinedprocess
Site Admin
Posts: 466
Joined: 05 Jul 2020 05:45
Contact:

Re: Northpark Center

Postby undefinedprocess » 19 Aug 2021 09:24

Jasimm wrote:Levi's Store Opening Soon (Between Fossil & The North Face-Level 1)

Not a bad addition, depending on what "type" of Levi's store it ends up being. Not sure if any of y'all have ever been to the one in Legacy West, but they have the tailor shop in there which is definitely cool to have for alterations and customizations. Prices are pretty reasonable, too. Granted, you can go somewhere local, so go support your local tailor, but would love to see that come to this new location...