Northpark Center

cowboyeagle05

Re: Northpark Center

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 21 Jul 2022 13:28

^Correct I missed that line myself oops!

I guess NorthPark will restore the signature Northpark arches when they re-subdivide the space unless another luxury brand wants that huge space.
“Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell”

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 21 Jul 2022 14:20

NM

R1070

Postby R1070 » 22 Jul 2022 20:30

Maison Margiela is opening in the space that previously housed the Parachute pop-up.

https://www.maisonmargiela.com/en-us/

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 22 Jul 2022 23:34

R1070 wrote:Maison Margiela is opening in the space that previously housed the Parachute pop-up.

Great addition, glad to see some more experimental brands opening in Dallas.

They are owned by OTB Group who also owns Diesel (already at Northpark), Viktor & Rolf, Dsquared2,
Marni, Jil Sander, & minority stake of Amiri. Will be interesting to see if any of these follow.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 23 Jul 2022 13:41

Jasimm wrote:
R1070 wrote:Maison Margiela is opening in the space that previously housed the Parachute pop-up.

Great addition, glad to see some more experimental brands opening in Dallas.

They are owned by OTB Group who also owns Diesel (already at Northpark), Viktor & Rolf, Dsquared2,
Marni, Jil Sander, & minority stake of Amiri. Will be interesting to see if any of these follow.

Amiri is opening in Atlanta, so I wouldn't be shocked to see one come here or to Houston.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 23 Jul 2022 14:36

It's been interesting to watch out for subtle changes in the Atlanta scene as the film and music industries settle into permanent role. Celebrities are all over town, all the time, spending money. There may be more opportunities for exclusive brands in the Atlanta market than in markets with bigger population and economic output like Dallas and Houston.

BigDave7772

Postby BigDave7772 » 23 Jul 2022 20:49

Also, Atlanta is getting Alexander McQueen & Givenchy stores. I think Houston may get these too. I wouldn’t be surprised if Dallas got a Givenchy store at HPV or Northpark.
https://www.tonetoatl.com/2022/07/Lenox ... y.html?m=0

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 23 Jul 2022 23:32

With Gucci relocating and Nike also relocating, I would say Prada and Givenchy are pretty likely tenants for that space. Same with the former Mulberry space that Burberry has taken over for the time being.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 24 Jul 2022 12:06

Proquest20 wrote:With Gucci relocating and Nike also relocating, I would say Prada and Givenchy are pretty likely tenants for that space. Same with the former Mulberry space that Burberry has taken over for the time being.

Prada would be a perfect fit for the current Gucci space. And how about a Bulgari return as well?
I'd also like to see Lafayette 148, Moncler, Zadig & Voltaire and COS come to the market as these stores are in our peer markets and not present here currently. Givenchy would be a nice add, but could see it going to Houston first as they have more available space in their luxury centers.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 24 Jul 2022 12:22

COS closed their Austin store, and it’s not exactly what I’d consider a luxury brand. It seems like something you’d probably find on Knox Street as opposed to NorthPark. It’s more like what Banana Republic is to Gap.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 24 Jul 2022 18:48

Yea, I doubt COS would ever make it to the luxury wing at NP or even at HP Village, but I'd still like to see it in the market somewhere, even if it was at Legacy in Plano.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 24 Jul 2022 21:21

Would be interesting if Knox area started to land some of these brands.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 25 Jul 2022 01:59

tamtagon wrote:Would be interesting if Knox area started to land some of these brands.

Yeah, I know it’s mostly been focused on home furnishings, but with the recent developments over there I wouldn’t be surprised if more brands like these end up opening there too, just like Anthropologie did. I think I meant to say West Village instead of Knox though lol

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 25 Jul 2022 05:57

If the higher end housing stock keeps growing in uptown, west village and Knox, I suppose it's inevitable we'll see more higher end retail in the area....

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 25 Jul 2022 21:43

R1070 wrote:Yea, I doubt COS would ever make it to the luxury wing at NP or even at HP Village, but I'd still like to see it in the market somewhere, even if it was at Legacy in Plano.

COS, A.P.C, or something like Malin+ Goetz (sister brand to Diptyque & Byredo (Already both at Northpark))would be great for Knox to help blend the neighborhood and create a few more uniquely Knox destinations. I know those stores are very different from each other haha
Last edited by Jasimm on 25 Jul 2022 22:39, edited 1 time in total.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 25 Jul 2022 21:56

R1070 wrote:
Proquest20 wrote:With Gucci relocating and Nike also relocating, I would say Prada and Givenchy are pretty likely tenants for that space. Same with the former Mulberry space that Burberry has taken over for the time being.

Prada would be a perfect fit for the current Gucci space. And how about a Bulgari return as well?
I'd also like to see Lafayette 148, Moncler, Zadig & Voltaire and COS come to the market as these stores are in our peer markets and not present here currently. Givenchy would be a nice add, but could see it going to Houston first as they have more available space in their luxury centers.

Agreed I am sure we will see Prada/Miu Miu make an appearance (unless they are holding out for a HP Village availability). Lafayette 148 just announced a Houston Galleria store opening so maybe Dallas is a long shot now since they are so limited in boutiques. Creed is also a good match for Dallas and in a US expansion mode opening Miami and San Francisco boutiques by the end of summer.

Northpark would do well with some younger brands such as Zadig & Voltaire, Marc Jacobs, Acne Studios, or Loewe. Orlebar Brown (owned by Chanel) is another one of my favorites that would be great to see, however the price range might push them to HP Village instead.

Would be nice to see Stella McCartney return to the Dallas market at Northpark joining the other Kering brands already there (Gucci, Saint Laurent, Bottega Veneta & Balenciaga).

Still so curious on the Bvlgari closing it was just so sudden. Maybe a HP Village store since they are pulling a lot of designer jewelers right now?

Maybe Northpark would like an exclusive leather goods designer like Moynat or Fauré le Page as a Texas exclusives since HP Village acquired Goyard recently.
Last edited by Jasimm on 31 Jul 2022 11:24, edited 1 time in total.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 25 Jul 2022 22:27

Christian Louboutin seems to have been expanding their offerings at Nordstrom, even adding official signage to their in-store “boutique” next to the first floor mall entrance. I wouldn’t be surprised if they pull a Balenciaga and move to NorthPark to get a bigger space.

Marc Jacobs is definitely a NorthPark-type store, one that would be on the Nordstrom side of the Neiman-Marcus/Nordstrom wing. They’re opening at the Houston Galleria, and we’ve had an outlet in Allen for a couple of months now.

Bvlgari can take the small space in between Isabel Marant and Gucci if they plan on coming back.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 29 Jul 2022 21:47

Maison Margiela will be opening next to Maria Tash soon.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 30 Jul 2022 20:37

The temp Burberry location is closed, so I assume that means the new store location should be opening very soon. I wonder if the Eiseman Rolex store will expand into that space or if another store will go in there. We shall see...
Breitling, St. John, Hive & Colony, GANNI, and Buck Mason should all be opening soon.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 30 Jul 2022 23:04

With all of the controversy going on, I feel like saying now would be a good time for Dillard’s to close and be replaced by Saks Fifth Avenue or Bloomingdales. I know it’s their top location, but it’s barely on the same level as Nordstrom and it feels weird that the luxury wing is expanding that way instead of towards Nordstrom. It’s a lot to asked for because I know anchors are handled differently, but it would be nice. That location also seems pretty dated, and the space could even be split between a higher-end anchor and a hotel.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 31 Jul 2022 12:46

Proquest20 wrote:With all of the controversy going on, I feel like saying now would be a good time for Dillard’s to close and be replaced by Saks Fifth Avenue or Bloomingdales. I know it’s their top location, but it’s barely on the same level as Nordstrom and it feels weird that the luxury wing is expanding that way instead of towards Nordstrom. It’s a lot to asked for because I know anchors are handled differently, but it would be nice. That location also seems pretty dated, and the space could even be split between a higher-end anchor and a hotel.

Macy's could convert to Bloomies, but I'm not sure they would. That's the best performing store in the area. Dillard's needs to go, but I don't think Saks would do too well in NorthPark. It would probably do much better in Southlake where there isn't a NM close by.

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 31 Jul 2022 16:12

Proquest20 wrote:With all of the controversy going on, I feel like saying now would be a good time for Dillard’s to close and be replaced by Saks Fifth Avenue or Bloomingdales. I know it’s their top location, but it’s barely on the same level as Nordstrom and it feels weird that the luxury wing is expanding that way instead of towards Nordstrom. It’s a lot to asked for because I know anchors are handled differently, but it would be nice. That location also seems pretty dated, and the space could even be split between a higher-end anchor and a hotel.

Controversy?

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 31 Jul 2022 16:45

R1070 wrote:

Macy's could convert to Bloomies, but I'm not sure they would. That's the best performing store in the area. Dillard's needs to go, but I don't think Saks would do too well in NorthPark. It would probably do much better in Southlake where there isn't a NM close by.

Southlake doesn’t really have department stores, so it would most likely be a Bloomies or a Saks Off Fifth if it were to open there. I think having two Macy’s brands under one roof would actually be a pretty nice thing, now that I think of it.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 31 Jul 2022 16:50

Tucy wrote:

Controversy?

That particular store store was called out due to racist behavior from employees via a video that has been circulating around social media within the past week. Apparently others have noted that such behavior has happened at various locations as well.

acclar11

Postby acclar11 » 31 Jul 2022 18:45

Proquest20 wrote:
Tucy wrote:

Controversy?

That particular store store was called out due to racist behavior from employees via a video that has been circulating around social media within the past week. Apparently others have noted that such behavior has happened at various locations as well.

Just watched the video and read a news clip about incident. Absolutely awful what happened. The employee involved is an older male who usually works the register near the men's big and tall area or the one kind of by the clearance section downstairs. He actually rung me up a few weeks ago and helped me in the suit section. Very disappointing.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 31 Jul 2022 21:52

Maybe the mall add department stores, instead of replacing Dillard's.... Add a second floor between NM and Dillard's, and between Dillard's and Macy's, each addition is another department store.

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 01 Aug 2022 09:44

Proquest20 wrote:
Tucy wrote:

Controversy?

Thanks.
From what I can find, it appears it was one employee, who has been fired.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 01 Aug 2022 12:24

From what it seems based off of the in-mall directory, Bottega Veneta will be taking over the old Mulberry space while they refresh their store. Omega was listed as coming soon but I think they’ve been there for a while so they may also be getting a refresh.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 01 Aug 2022 12:39

tamtagon wrote:Maybe the mall add department stores, instead of replacing Dillard's.... Add a second floor between NM and Dillard's, and between Dillard's and Macy's, each addition is another department store.

Replacing Dillard’s would be nice because it’s not an exclusive store at all. They exist at practically every mall in the metroplex. NorthPark replaces lower-end stores all the time, so replacing it with Bloomingdales or Saks would be similar, and would probably be useful in helping to attract more luxury stores there rather than Highland Park Village.

I think completing the second floor would be useful as it would help with the abruptiveness of the transition between the mid-range stores (B&BW, VSPink, etc;) and the luxury ones (Breitling, Burberry, etc;)

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 01 Aug 2022 14:12

Proquest20 wrote:
tamtagon wrote:Maybe the mall add department stores, instead of replacing Dillard's.... Add a second floor between NM and Dillard's, and between Dillard's and Macy's, each addition is another department store.

Replacing Dillard’s would be nice because it’s not an exclusive store at all. They exist at practically every mall in the metroplex. NorthPark replaces lower-end stores all the time, so replacing it with Bloomingdales or Saks would be similar, and would probably be useful in helping to attract more luxury stores there rather than Highland Park Village.

Except there's a pretty good chance Dillard's owns their building. Other tenants the mall replaces don't own their space. Mall owners generally don't have the same kind of control over anchor spaces that they have over their smaller tenants.

rono3849

Postby rono3849 » 01 Aug 2022 17:25

I believe Dillard's bought the store when they bought the Joske's chain. The store was originally Titche's, but Joske's took over that chain. I don't know if Bloomingdales or Saks would be interested in returning to Dallas. Both stores failed here, although they were in problematic locations. Bloomies was in Valley View, which went down hill and Saks over extended their footprint at the Galleria, then Nordstrom came in and took over the high end shopping there. If either one of those stores were to have been at NorthPark, they probably would still be operating. Would NorthPark want to alienate Neiman's, Nordies, Macy's, or Dillard's by adding a new big department store? That would be doubtful.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 01 Aug 2022 17:44

Every Saks that existed in DFW was in a problematic location. They used to have locations at Willow Bend and NorthEast mall as well. Still strange how they used to have a huge footprint around here and no longer have any aside from their outlet stores.

rono3849

Postby rono3849 » 01 Aug 2022 19:33

Proquest20 wrote:Every Saks that existed in DFW was in a problematic location. They used to have locations at Willow Bend and NorthEast mall as well. Still strange how they used to have a huge footprint around here and no longer have any aside from their outlet stores.

I moved away from Dallas for awhile and didn't know that Saks had stores in Willow Bend & NorthEast Mall. Both of those malls have certainly had better times, so hearing of Saks' departure from both locations isn't surprising. I vaguely remember that Lord & Taylor had just opened a new store in Willow Bend, then they announced that the entire chain was pulling out of Texas. Poor Willow Bend had bad Karma from the beginning.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 01 Aug 2022 19:42

How much business does the North Park Nordstrom do? Is it in line with the NM, Macy's and Dillard's as top preforming stores in the chains?

rono3849

Postby rono3849 » 01 Aug 2022 20:25

tamtagon wrote:How much business does the North Park Nordstrom do? Is it in line with the NM, Macy's and Dillard's as top preforming stores in the chains?

I was told by a sale manager at Nordies that the NorthPark store was the #1 store in the chain, but then someone else posted that it wasn't the case. So I don't know who to believe. I do think it has to rank as one of their top stores in the chain though. I know the Neiman's store in Beverly Hills & in Newport Beach are very popular, as well as their store on Michigan Avenue in Chicago. I don't know what has happened since COVID hit.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 01 Aug 2022 21:54

Back before the turn of the century, I used to browse NM at fashion island on my lunch break. I loved that mall! Bought a couple suits at Nordstrom the same day KC and the Sunshine band gave a free concert. Hahaha

Cmacemm

Postby Cmacemm » 02 Aug 2022 09:00

rono3849 wrote:
tamtagon wrote:How much business does the North Park Nordstrom do? Is it in line with the NM, Macy's and Dillard's as top preforming stores in the chains?

I was told by a sale manager at Nordies that the NorthPark store was the #1 store in the chain, but then someone else posted that it wasn't the case. So I don't know who to believe. I do think it has to rank as one of their top stores in the chain though. I know the Neiman's store in Beverly Hills & in Newport Beach are very popular, as well as their store on Michigan Avenue in Chicago. I don't know what has happened since COVID hit.

I worked at the North Park location for several years around 2006 and it was one of the top performing stores at the time. We had a ton of clientele that lived in Mexico and would fly in just to shop, and then fly back. I moved to Austin and transferred to their Barton Creek store and took a massive hit to the commissions I made at North Park. I wouldn't doubt if North Park was still one of the top performing stores

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 02 Aug 2022 09:19

I bet the Barton Creek store is more like the Stonebriar or maybe the Galleria store at most, you probably would’ve had better luck at the Domain but probably not as well as at NorthPark. But that store didn’t exist back then.

Cmacemm

Postby Cmacemm » 02 Aug 2022 10:15

Proquest20 wrote:I bet the Barton Creek store is more like the Stonebriar or maybe the Galleria store at most, you probably would’ve had better luck at the Domain but probably not as well as at NorthPark. But that store didn’t exist back then.

Yeah, I think it was actually under construction when I was living there. I want to say the Neiman Marcus was open but Barton Creek was definitely the only Nordstrom at the time. Man, thinking about these times makes me miss having hair on my head

R1070

Postby R1070 » 10 Aug 2022 00:56

Blue Nile will be opening a showroom at NorthPark. Not sure where the location will be, though I imagine it is one of the currently open spots since it expects to be open this year.

https://dallas.culturemap.com/news/fash ... -showroom/

R1070

Postby R1070 » 10 Aug 2022 00:56

Delete
Last edited by R1070 on 13 Aug 2022 13:32, edited 1 time in total.

acclar11

Postby acclar11 » 13 Aug 2022 11:27

R1070 wrote:Blue Nile will be opening a showroom at NorthPark. Not sure where the location will be, though I imagine it is one of the currently open spots since it expects to be open this year.

Blue Nile is an odd store for Northpark. It's supposed to be a step-up from a Zales or Kay, but not as upscale as Bachendorf's or Eiseman. I feel like they'd be better off at Stonebriar or Galleria.

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 13 Aug 2022 13:31

acclar11 wrote:
R1070 wrote:Blue Nile will be opening a showroom at NorthPark. Not sure where the location will be, though I imagine it is one of the currently open spots since it expects to be open this year.

Blue Nile is an odd store for Northpark. It's supposed to be a step-up from a Zales or Kay, but not as upscale as Bachendorf's or Eiseman. I feel like they'd be better off at Stonebriar or Galleria.

Nothing about your description of Blue Nile makes them an odd store for a mall that has a Zales, Macys, Dillards, etc etc etc.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 13 Aug 2022 13:31

acclar11 wrote:

Perhaps the Zales store at the mall will be converted to this concept? Blue Nile is at other high profile shopping centers across the country though, so coming to NorthPark isn't too much of a shock.

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 13 Aug 2022 13:53

R1070 wrote:
acclar11 wrote:

Perhaps the Zales store at the mall will be converted to this concept? Blue Nile is at other high profile shopping centers across the country though, so coming to NorthPark isn't too much of a shock.

Exactly. Looking at their 24 already-existing locations, Northpark seems like the logical choice.

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 13 Aug 2022 14:06

R1070 wrote:
acclar11 wrote:

Dup Post. NM

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 13 Aug 2022 19:42

There’s also a bunch of empty storefronts on the second floor near Macy’s where they’d definitely be in the right place, if those spaces aren’t going to be combined.

acclar11

Postby acclar11 » 13 Aug 2022 21:08

Tucy wrote:
acclar11 wrote:

Nothing about your description of Blue Nile makes them an odd store for a mall that has a Zales, Macys, Dillards, etc etc etc.

Just my personal opinion, considering Stonebriar tends to be the first to add new concept stores like Amazon, Athleta, and Samsung.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 14 Aug 2022 00:34

Considering Blue Nile’s other locations (Houston’s Galleria, Georgia’s Lenox Square, LA’s Century City, Arizona’s Fashion Square, etc;) which are all higher end malls than Stonebriar or other malls in the metro, I think NorthPark is a decent fit for the brand as long as it stays on the Macy’s corner.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 14 Aug 2022 20:37

Thinking this will be a Northpark addition? What do we think.

Mango invests €100 million in US expansion
"Starting in 2023, the company will continue its westward expansion, opening stores in Atlanta, Georgia; Phoenix and Tucson Arizona, Houston and Dallas Texas, Las Vegas, Nevada, and California, with its sights set on Los Angeles, San Diego and San Jose."

https://ww.fashionnetwork.com/news/Mango-invests-100-million-in-us-expansion,1405014.html