Dallas Fort Worth Urban Forum

Deep Ellum: Epic ~ Knights of Pythias Temple

lakewoodhobo

Re: Deep Ellum: Epic ~ Knights of Pythias Temple

Postby lakewoodhobo » 13 Jun 2019 10:08

DPatel304 wrote:
cowboyeagle05 wrote:Bottle Blonde will also have to go...

I'm guessing they'll just lease in another nearby space. With Clutch coming to this area, I think this particular part of town is just getting started as the next party spot.

Here is some additional info on the Clutch/Concrete Cowboy sibling to be called Vice Park:

A group comprised of Valz, Rico Taylor and Dan Wierck is looking to raise $4.5 million in an equity round under the LLC "Everybody Wants Some," according to a regulatory filing.

Valz said that 20,000-square-foot concept will be called Vice Park.

It is expected to be a high-volume bar and night club located at the corner of Good Latimer Expressway between Floyd Street and Gaston Avenue, across the street from The Epic. The group plans to renovate the existing building, converting it into a two-story space with a rooftop area and parking lot.

Coeval Studio, the firm behind Dallas projects like Happiest Hour and The Rustic, will serve as designer and architect on the space.

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... -park.html

exelone31

Postby exelone31 » 13 Jun 2019 11:14

Are they going to knock down the building then? This doesn't really look anything like it.

I've got to think that there's going to be a splitting of Deep Ellum into two districts. Maybe not two totally different names, but something like 6th Street and "Dirty 6th" in Austin.

DPatel304

Postby DPatel304 » 13 Jun 2019 11:44

So does that mean Clutch is staying in Uptown, and this is a sister bar?

Edit:
It looks like the same group has plans for another place called "The Sporting Club" in Deep Ellum:
https://www.soclutchgroup.com/location/ ... ub-dallas/

quixomniac

Postby quixomniac » 13 Jun 2019 16:25

exelone31 wrote:Are they going to knock down the building then? This doesn't really look anything like it.

I've got to think that there's going to be a splitting of Deep Ellum into two districts. Maybe not two totally different names, but something like 6th Street and "Dirty 6th" in Austin.

can we petition for names?
Id prefer a play on words, Deep ellum, Deeper Ellum, and Deepest ellum ;)

DPatel304

Postby DPatel304 » 13 Jun 2019 16:26

quixomniac wrote:Id prefer a play on words, Deep ellum, Deeper Ellum, and Deepest ellum ;)

I really wouldn't be surprised if that caught on, considering we currently have Lower Greenville and Lowest Greenville.

willyk

Postby willyk » 14 Jun 2019 00:10

DPatel304 wrote:
quixomniac wrote:Id prefer a play on words, Deep ellum, Deeper Ellum, and Deepest ellum ;)

I really wouldn't be surprised if that caught on, considering we currently have Lower Greenville and Lowest Greenville.

Cheap Ellum

Tivo_Kenevil

Postby Tivo_Kenevil » 14 Jun 2019 09:32

Everything west of Good Latimer, outside of the CBD, should be called NoGood. That way it will be the sister neighborhood of SoGood and also give homage to the people who frequent the establishments in the neighborhood. "Where you going?"..."I'm up to NoGood"

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 14 Jun 2019 11:23

I say Gooder Park

willyk

Postby willyk » 14 Jul 2019 05:00

‘Epitome of Mixed Use’: Old Meets New in Deep Ellum’s The Epic Development

Developers are preserving history and building blocks of sustainability in one of Dallas' most historic neighborhoods.

https://dallasinnovates.com/epitome-of- ... velopment/