Downtown Dallas - Fountain Place

cowboyeagle05

Re: Downtown Dallas - Fountain Place

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 11 Sep 2018 08:43

All that 80's marble was put in place well it seems cause Thanksgiving Tower took months chipping away at their pink stuff.
“Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell”

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 11 Sep 2018 11:53

How long until we complain about the 80s style being covered up or stripped away... haha

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 25 Nov 2018 17:55

Speaking of lobbies, this one seems to be taking forever to complete. Even though they are making obvious progress I asked about it when I was in there recently. I was told the completion date is supposed to be around March 2019.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 09 Feb 2019 14:28

The lobby is starting to take shape although March seems optimistic at this point. One thing for sure it will be bright. The giant pane of glass on the west side lets in a ton of sunshine, combined with all of the lighting inside it will give a very open feel. I would imagine with all of the cypress stress outside it will be a pretty cool look when it's green and all of the fountains are flowing. As for the garage they continue to set the supports for the glass curtain wall, looks like the south side facing Ross will get covered first.

ArtVandelay

Postby ArtVandelay » 26 Feb 2019 19:16

The Wells Fargo motor bank/drive-thru across the street is closed and available for lease:

https://shopcompanies.com/properties/pd ... ells-fargo

Anyone know if the Wells Fargo branch at Fountain Place is remaining?

jetnd87

Postby jetnd87 » 26 Feb 2019 19:29

Would be great if this could be something more than just a drive-thru something

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 03 Apr 2019 21:36

The interior continues to take shape, some of the new lighting has made an appearance, very unique long pieces of lighted glass span from floor to ceiling on the outside walls of the elevator banks. Other than that the white marble looking material is going up. Very clean look. They say they are nearing completion but still looks like they have a lot to do.

dukemeredith

Postby dukemeredith » 25 Apr 2019 10:00

Tenet Healthcare could leave downtown Dallas in office consolidation

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... solidation

One of downtown Dallas' best-known business tenants is pondering a move.

Tenet Healthcare Corp. a decade ago moved into the landmark Fountain Place skyscraper on Ross Avenue, where more than 500 employees occupy almost nine floors of space.

But with the firm focused on cutting costs and improving its bottom line, real estate brokers say Tenet is scouting the market along the Dallas North Tollway and in other locations for potential office sites.

One of the potential consolidation sites for Tenet is the high-rise International Plaza office campus on the tollway near the Dallas Galleria. The 3-building development previously housed operations for JPMorgan Chase.

Tenet is FP's largest tenant and the EPA moved from FP to Renaissance Tower earlier this year.

I'm sure losing Tenet would not be the result FP's investors were hoping for with the (still ongoing. . . ) building renovation.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 25 Apr 2019 10:02

Too bad Valley View Mall isn't ready to lead with this big tenant.

Mgreen15

Postby Mgreen15 » 25 Apr 2019 10:10

dukemeredith wrote:Tenet Healthcare could leave downtown Dallas in office consolidation

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... solidation

One of downtown Dallas' best-known business tenants is pondering a move.

Tenet Healthcare Corp. a decade ago moved into the landmark Fountain Place skyscraper on Ross Avenue, where more than 500 employees occupy almost nine floors of space.

But with the firm focused on cutting costs and improving its bottom line, real estate brokers say Tenet is scouting the market along the Dallas North Tollway and in other locations for potential office sites.

One of the potential consolidation sites for Tenet is the high-rise International Plaza office campus on the tollway near the Dallas Galleria. The 3-building development previously housed operations for JPMorgan Chase.

Tenet is FP's largest tenant and the EPA moved from FP to Renaissance Tower earlier this year.

I'm sure losing Tenet would not be the result FP's investors were hoping for with the (still ongoing. . . ) building renovation.

Although this would be a major loss for the tower and downtown’s already high office vacancy rate, I’m not too worried about FP’s ability to attract another large tenant. With the current renovation, the residential tower next door nearing completion and the location on Ross, FP should be high on the list for potential relocations in downtown.

dukemeredith

Postby dukemeredith » 25 Apr 2019 10:16

Mgreen15 wrote:Although this would be a major loss for the tower and downtown’s already high office vacancy rate, I’m not too worried about FP’s ability to attract another large tenant. With the current renovation, the residential tower next door nearing completion and the location on Ross, FP should be high on the list for potential relocations in downtown.

http://www.fountainplace.com/available-space.html

FP's vacancy is already pretty high, especially with the EPA's relocation (see the grey space labeled "available February 2019). If Tenet leaves, too, then that would put the building at less than 50% leased.

itsjrd1964

Postby itsjrd1964 » 25 Apr 2019 10:38

That would be ironic, as Tenet was in one of the office buildings at Galleria North for a while before moving downtown to Fountain Place.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 25 Apr 2019 11:40

Wish a company like this would consolidate in a new downtown office tower.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 03 May 2019 22:32

Mos of the lobby glass on the east side has been placed, lots of fun watching them lift those giant panes of glass to put into place.

LBK2013

Postby LBK2013 » 07 Jun 2019 08:54

It's official. Tenet and its subsidiaries are consolidating to International Plaza in Farmer's Branch.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 07 Jun 2019 10:18

So Tenet is leaving and EPA is out just as they try to start winding down their remodel project which has taken two years and still isn't complete. Should be a bunch of available space over there.

dukemeredith

Postby dukemeredith » 07 Jun 2019 10:28

What a shame. With over half of the building vacant, I don't expect the retail space in the new parking garage to fill anytime soon.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 07 Jun 2019 10:59

Well, that's why they do that kind of renovations cause they know tenants are leaving and the by the time they are out the door they are finishing up construction and have plenty of space in a renovated tower to show off. With space in Uptown getting tight and the apartment tower rising next door Fountain Place will find new tenants soon.

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 07 Jun 2019 11:24

Wow. That would make Fountain Place 66% vacant.

For the record, CBRE tells us that the Class A vacancy rate in Uptown is 15.7% with total Class A availability of 19.5%

Matt777

Postby Matt777 » 07 Jun 2019 12:33

LBK2013 wrote:It's official. Tenet and its subsidiaries are consolidating to International Plaza in Farmer's Branch.

Gross. Baby boomers causing more damage before they finally bow out. As a millenial, I know that we are all just DYING to work in the gorgeous, exciting suburban office campuses.

ArtVandelay

Postby ArtVandelay » 07 Jun 2019 14:01

Tells me FP owners must be bullish on the market and didn't lower the rent just to keep Tenet.

Tordown

Postby Tordown » 07 Jun 2019 14:43

Tenet will still be paying full rent in Fountain Place for five years. That's how long is left on their lease.

LBK2013

Postby LBK2013 » 07 Jun 2019 14:57

Tordown wrote:Tenet will still be paying full rent in Fountain Place for five years. That's how long is left on their lease.

I doubt that is the case. There is most likely a breakout clause that would allow them to terminate the contract early with conditions.

Cbdallas

Postby Cbdallas » 07 Jun 2019 15:25

All of this vacancy could create an opportunity for a company to plant their flag downtown in one of the most architecturally significant buildings. I am not sure at this point what we can do to make downtown more attractive for business. Maybe just convert it all into living who knows. I heard a rumor that a very large corporation was offered to move in the metro to downtown and be given a large tax incentive over several years resulting in a large savings on a lease but the company declined the offer.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 07 Jun 2019 15:37

I would think this space would be really attractive, especially with all that new apartment space going up across the plaza. Granted not everyone elects to live there but but if you did it would sure be convenient.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 18 Jun 2019 16:29

South face of the parking garage is finally getting some glass.

Thymant

Postby Thymant » 18 Jun 2019 19:58

Tnexster wrote:South face of the parking garage is finally getting some glass.

Beat me to it, saw that as well!

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 02 Jul 2019 09:22

The lobby renovation is largely complete, most of the interior work appears to be finished and they are starting to reassemble the plaza area and were working on one of the fountain areas this morning. Looks very nice, and very bright. Between the sun and lights you almost need sunglasses in the lobby.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 02 Jul 2019 12:46

I wonder if there's a big company looking for a 500,000 sq ft block of prime office space.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 12 Jul 2019 11:49

Apparently it's 700,000 sf

Downtown Dallas' landmark Fountain Place tower sports a new look inside

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... ook-inside

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 15 Jul 2019 21:49

One of those giant panes of glass is already broken, shattered from top to bottom but still standing. Looks like somebody took a shot at it.

mwaskow

Postby mwaskow » 16 Jul 2019 10:27

Snapped a cool pic of the parking garage with some glass finally up and the the towers in the background.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 12 Dec 2019 11:25

Downtown Dallas’ iconic Fountain Place skyscraper is celebrating its new look

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... -new-look/

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 23 Jan 2020 14:01

While the remodel project is complete and has largely been finished for quite some time apparently leasing in Fountain Place has not been so great. I have heard Tenet still holds that lease and would have to sub that space out but now that Tenet has gone away the one business in the retail space has been hurt. So, apparently Ascension Annex is leaving next month. That will leave them with zero retail space leased under that new large and not very well used parking garage.

jetnd87

Postby jetnd87 » 23 Jan 2020 14:12

Bummer to hear. Despite this, they should be positioned well for the longer term (small consolation). This general area will probably be one of the busiest areas for development in urban Dallas, and with their recent remodel, Fountain Place should be well-positioned to capture new leases. The area should feel a lot less "dead" once AMLI starts leasing up and unrecognizable if/when the other nearby developments start going.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 23 Jan 2020 14:19

I wonder if they are hurt or improved by Field Street development if the initial phase gets off the ground.

jetnd87

Postby jetnd87 » 23 Jan 2020 14:23

Probably a toss up. Construction can bring a lot of headache - especially for retail - but increased development will up this area's sex appeal. I think uptown, particularly the VP / Harwood / lower McKinney area of uptown is a good case in point. Virtually all of the new and existing office developments here just saw faster lease ups as development hit a point that made the area much more desirable.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 23 Jan 2020 14:27

cowboyeagle05 wrote:I wonder if they are hurt or improved by Field Street development if the initial phase gets off the ground.

I would say hurt, although an iconic building it is decades old now and fresh new space across the street may be preferable. You bring up a good point, wonder if that is already hurting them.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 23 Jan 2020 14:56

I would think to have more things close by aka activity could help though. Shops, retail, restaurants connecting the Museum better to the decades-old office tower through the Field street project. Plus their own newly built retail space could benefit from rising boats nearby. I wonder how different the rents would be considering one project would be brand new construction and the overall effect of renovations and it is a signature tower in Dallas.

Ultimately if Headington would build something on his property as well I imagine Fountain Place would be better off. Fountain Place is sort of an island only occupied by fast racing cars on the access roads and highway ramps. It's not a walkable neighborhood and the YMCA sounds like it will be gone before long and sold before the new buyer knows what they are going to build in its place. Then there is the outdated looking Fairmount Hotel next door...

Cbdallas

Postby Cbdallas » 23 Jan 2020 15:11

The Fairmount would look a thousand percent better and true to its original architecture by painting over that horrible pink color with just a simple good white paint and removing the ridiculous facade over the valet entrance..

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 23 Jan 2020 15:26

Cbdallas wrote:The Fairmount would look a thousand percent better and true to its original architecture by painting over that horrible pink color with just a simple good white paint and removing the ridiculous facade over the valet entrance..

Yes but it would look even better if they just built a new gleaming 45 story hotel tower somewhere nearby.

mrmandalay

Postby mrmandalay » 23 Jan 2020 19:11

The Fairmount has got to do away with those bare, ugly, pink, windowless strips of nothingness on both of its towers. Those strips could use a new paint job or stone cladding, perhaps LED light strips/video boards, even aesthetically pleasing ad banners..... Anything. Right now they look like cheap, flimsy towers with a pink stucco finish. How can a hotel that nice look so cheap from the outside? The previous white finish looked less outdated than what they have now. Certainly isn't doing the Fountain Place/AMLI any favors in transforming the area.

The Field Street development was/is supposed to address the demand for larger amts of office space that frequently can't be met by what's in Uptown. My guess is Fountain Place won't have trouble luring some larger tenants over the coming months and years.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 24 Jan 2020 07:59

And now they have two fresh office products nearby to compete with.

muncien

Postby muncien » 24 Jan 2020 08:54

What rates are they asking at Fountain Place? I would think they would be at least 20% less than all the product going up around them (probably closer to 30%). To me, that doesn't necessarily make them competitors. Instead, having more activity near them makes them more attractive.
For the longest time, Fountain Place was arguably the most significant high rise in Dallas. That alone was enough to allow it to market itself. But with so much new product going up, it's going to take a supporting neighborhood to keep it viable. We may not be there yet, but it seems just a few years away if they can hold out that long.
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 26 Jan 2020 17:25

I imagine the proposed hotel tower as part of this development won't happen if they can't sign on some tenants and seem some positive return on their already investment.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 28 Jan 2020 21:41

Speaking of the hotel, they put up additional renderings near the empty retail space.

Also heard from somebody in the building that the leasing company started a free happy hour event down on the ground floor for tenants which competed unfairly with the only retail tenant they had. Nice work.

dukemeredith

Postby dukemeredith » 28 Jan 2020 22:36

The new ground-floor tenant lounge in FP also has a pretty fancy espresso machine using Starbucks coffee beans. While Ascension’s coffee is superior, the availability of free Starbucks has certainly impacted the number of times I go to Ascension.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 29 Jan 2020 09:39

dukemeredith wrote:The new ground-floor tenant lounge in FP also has a pretty fancy espresso machine using Starbucks coffee beans. While Ascension’s coffee is superior, the availability of free Starbucks has certainly impacted the number of times I go to Ascension.

Also heard that AMLI will offer some kind of coffee service when they open which also helped kill Ascension. Unfortunately for myself I can no longer stomach Starbucks.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 12 Feb 2020 15:15

Architect office lands on top of downtown Dallas’ Fountain Place tower
Rouch Architects takes high flying space left behind by Tenet Healthcare

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... ace-tower/

vman

Postby vman » 11 Jun 2021 08:22

This is good news: 400 new workers coming to Fountain Place!!

Major Insurance Provider Ditches the Suburbs for Downtown Skyscraper

https://www.dmagazine.com/commercial-re ... kyscraper/