AT&T Discovery District

Matt777

Re: AT&T Discovery District

Postby Matt777 » 08 Dec 2022 23:00

The way I understand it, is that the rent being asked for the spaces is too high for the customer traffic, especially when AT&T promised more of their workers would be back in the office. I think this is a common problem with downtown retail space and why there is so much empty space and businesses that don't make it. The rent being asked is way too high. The rent needs to be lowered, more businesses will open and thrive, Downtown will gain a vibrancy needed to attract workers back and more residential/office development, and then the landlords can ask for premium rents. They are putting the cart before the horse with the high retail space rents.

potatocoins

Re: AT&T Discovery District

Postby potatocoins » 09 Dec 2022 13:55

R1070 wrote:I couldn't even tell you where the food hall is. It' needs to be more open to the street and visible.

Yeah, that's actually fair.

It probably would have made sense to make the food hall more of an indoor/outdoor space, meaning some stalls could be set up partially outdoors. That way, even when you're hanging out in the plaza, you can see that there is some food/drink options nearby and that would hopefully let you see that there is more going on inside.