Red Bird Mall

Tnexster

Re: Red Bird Mall

Postby Tnexster » 22 Aug 2019 15:28

‘There’s No More Mall, Y’all’: How Two DFW Developers Are Reimagining Aging Retail Centers

https://dallasinnovates.com/how-two-dal ... xas-malls/

lakewoodhobo

Postby lakewoodhobo » 22 Aug 2019 16:02

Tnexster wrote:More construction underway, this time the parking lot on the far west side closest to Westmoreland is being torn out, this should be the location of the two new apartment buildings.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/ ... n+Plan.pdf

They've updated the leasing packet with a little more substance. I really hope this all works out for Mr. Brodsky.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/ ... IRD+19.pdf

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 22 Aug 2019 17:05

Chime is busy hiring a lot of people right now. They had 900 show up for their job fair on August 10th and are busy filling positions. They should be open with about 500 employees by the end of September. The escalator in the atrium is being installed this week.

lakewoodhobo

Postby lakewoodhobo » 12 Nov 2019 10:32

RedBird apartment community kicks off construction
https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... struction/

Developers are breaking ground today on the next phase of redevelopment of Southwest Dallas’ RedBird Mall.
Apartment builder Palladium USA is building the $60 million, 300-unit rental community as part of the effort to repurpose the 44-year-old shopping mall at Interstate 20 and U.S. Highway 67.

I really hope this is successful, but I don't know what a market rate unit would go for in this area. The 500 people at Chime making $15/hour will have a hard time paying $900/mo in rent, so we'll see if this pulls enough people from Dallas, Duncanville and DeSoto looking for an upgrade from the sea of rundown apartments around here.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 13 Nov 2019 17:37

Keeping my fingers crossed for RedBird, on one hand I want to see it deliver as promised but what happens when that comes true? If RedBird comes back and becomes an attractive spot that brings in even more development what does that mean for the residents in the area that currently call that area home?

DBadger

Postby DBadger » 14 Nov 2019 10:35

I really hope this development is successful. I feel developing Westmoreland station will be key to Redbird success. It is only 5 miles away and there is a direct bus 404 that connects the 'mall' to the station. If transit is consistent and becomes more frequent, it may create an urban-like extension to people who want to be closer to the city at much better cost than the north side.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 12 Dec 2019 10:40

‘Merry Christmas, south Dallas!’: UT Southwestern to bring new facility, jobs and investment to RedBird Mall

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/hea ... rce=pushly

UT Southwestern’s move is a trend breathing new life into big, empty department stores

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/ret ... l-clinics/

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 20 Dec 2019 14:47

Why it took an Atlanta businessman to see through the toxic myths of southern Dallas
‘This is not a social project or handout, it’s about human talent that’s been overlooked,”’says the owner of new RedBird endeavor.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/comment ... ign=buffer

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 20 Jan 2020 11:33

Starbucks, home of the $4 latte, is moving into poor areas
RedBird Mall store was among the first wave of the company’s effort

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/ret ... oor-areas/

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 28 Aug 2020 17:10

UT Southwestern and Children’s Health to build first joint project in RedBird Mall
Almost half of the 150,000 square feet will be devoted to pediatrics, and the project is expected to be finished by late next year.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/hea ... bird-mall/

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 19 Sep 2020 14:18

Call center operator has already hired 1,000 employees at RedBird, CEO says

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... dbird.html

In less than a year after opening a 50,000-square-foot call center at southern Dallas's RedBird development, Atlanta-based Chime Solutions has already hired more than 1,000 employees there, CEO Mark Wilson told the Dallas Business Journal Friday.

"We're already there. We've hired more than 1,000 people in Dallas thus far. We have most people working from home though," said Wilson.

The family-owned customer care outsourcing company originally planned to have around 500 employees working at RedBird when it first opened its call center last fall. Positions would include entry level and managerial roles with pay starting at $14 an hour. Wilson said in July of last year that the goal was to eventually hire 1,000 employees at RedBird, but no timeline was given for when this expansion would happen. To accommodate the growth, Wilson also said the company would double its footprint to 100,000 square feet at the former mall.

homeworld1031tx

Postby homeworld1031tx » 21 Sep 2020 17:03

That's great news, glad they're having success.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 26 Sep 2020 15:12

They do seem to be enjoying a certain level of success here which is very good for this part of the city. Once they all come back to the office, between Chime, Parkland, UTWS and all the the other employers there will be at least 2,000 employees here every day. A number that will grow from there.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 06 Jan 2021 12:09

Fast-growing company looks to add 450 jobs in Dallas

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... enter.html

Atlanta-based Chime Solutions is hoping to add 450 more jobs to its existing call center at RedBird in southern Dallas.

The Dallas City Council will consider an amendment to its economic development grant agreement with the company Jan. 13. Due to the continued uncertainty of COVID-19 and its impacts on office space needs, Chime is asking the city to delete its requirement to execute a right of first refusal to lease an additional 30,000 square feet within RedBird. It also wants to get rid of a $2.2 million investment requirement to furnish the new space.

Chime Solutions CEO Mark Wilson told the Dallas Business Journal in September that in less than a year of opening, the company had already hired 1,000 employees at RedBird, with most working from home due to the pandemic. The company already occupies 50,000 square feet within the former mall and was looking to eventually double its footprint.

lakewoodhobo

Postby lakewoodhobo » 30 Apr 2021 10:26

The amount of construction activity around Red Bird Mall this morning took me by surprise, so this photo isn't a good representation of what I saw. The new construction immediately surrounding this (Foot Locker, Starbucks, Frost Bank) looks great.

I did think the demo around Macy's makes it look like a spaceship that landed in a barren moonscape, and of course I'm still hopeful that they're keeping those mosaic-tile murals.

IMG_4935.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

itsjrd1964

Postby itsjrd1964 » 30 Apr 2021 13:26

lakewoodhobo wrote:The amount of construction activity around Red Bird Mall this morning took me by surprise, so this photo isn't a good representation of what I saw. The new construction immediately surrounding this (Foot Locker, Starbucks, Frost Bank) looks great.

I did think the demo around Macy's makes it look like a spaceship that landed in a barren moonscape, and of course I'm still hopeful that they're keeping those mosaic-tile murals.

IMG_4935.jpeg

This facade is the last surviving example of this artwork from the Sanger Harris store era. The other 2, Valley View and Town East, are sadly gone (the Town East store is still there, as well as 2 of its 3 sets of arches.). I'm so afraid the Red Bird facade will go the way of the others that have gone away. It's sad that not one of them could have been salvaged at the DMA or somewhere (like the mosaic that was at the former Stewart building and is now outside the DMA).

dallaz

Postby dallaz » 08 May 2021 14:32

Dallas’ RedBird redo at old mall site hits a home run with first-phase apartments

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... partments/

Construction on the Palladium RedBird apartments in southwest Dallas is still months away from completion, but most of the rental units are already spoken for.

The 300-apartment project is the first phase of the $200 million redevelopment of old mall formerly called Red Bird and then Southwest Center, at Interstate 20 and U.S. Highway 67.

Over the last few years, developers have knocked down much of the old shopping center and are replacing it with the RedBird mixed-use project, a development with retail, residential and office space.

Builder Palladium USA can’t finish its RedBird apartments fast enough to keep up with demand — a good indicator for the entire development.

“Who thought this would happen here?” said Palladium USA CEO Tom Huth. “There were a lot of naysayers at the beginning of this process saying you could never get it built and nobody would lease it,” Huth said. “As of yesterday, we are 90% leased of the entire 300 units.

“The demand has been incredible,” Huth told a crowd at the project on Friday for an opening tour.

“We have a waiting list for our two- and three-bedroom units,” Palladium regional manager April West said. “About all we have left are one-bedrooms.

“Most of the people we are seeing are from this neighborhood — they want a nice apartment,” West said. “This is the quality of what you see in the Design District.”

The four-story rental community has the kind of features you see in Uptown Dallas or Frisco.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 10 May 2021 14:26

Wonder if the next phase will kick off sooner than expected?

dallaz

Postby dallaz » 13 May 2021 18:36

Tnexster wrote:Wonder if the next phase will kick off sooner than expected?

I hope so. We need more successful projects like this in Southern Dallas.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 29 Jun 2021 09:40

New loan will finance next phase of Dallas’ RedBird redevelopment
Texas Security Bank and Texas Brand Bank will provide $13.5 million in construction funding.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... velopment/

Two local banks have teamed up to provide construction financing for the next phase of redevelopment of the former RedBird Mall property in Southwest Dallas.

Texas Security Bank and Texas Brand Bank are making $13.5 million in construction loans for the build-out of the central, office portion of the project at Interstate 20 and U.S. Highway 67.

The almost $200 million redevelopment of the former shopping mall site includes new retail and apartments, a hotel and office space. Texas Security Bank and Texas Brand Bank supplied the construction funding to create offices — a combination of new construction and recycling existing space.

lakewoodhobo

Postby lakewoodhobo » 28 Aug 2021 10:42

Southwest Dallas’ Redbird redo ramps up to land office and medical tenants
https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... l-tenants/

No doubt this is just a fluff piece "reporting" that Transwestern was brought in to lease the remaining square footage, but a couple of takeaways:

-Brodsky seems to be pivoting toward more medical uses
-The rental community (Palladium) is fully leased
-Courtyard/Residence Inn by Marriott is scheduled to start construction next year

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 01 Sep 2021 11:00

Great project, a lot of progress and the redo on 67 helps too. Still waiting to see more peripheral redevelopment happen around the property and not just in it. He's got a long way to go to and a ton of empty space inside the mall which appears difficult to get leased so I'm not sure that every really changes but time will tell.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 01 Sep 2021 11:27

Turning RedBird into a pseudo South Dallas Medical District seems like a good vision for the land.
“Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell”

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 01 Sep 2021 12:01

cowboyeagle05 wrote:Turning RedBird into a pseudo South Dallas Medical District seems like a good vision for the land.

Sort of already there with Methodist Hospital on the other corner of 20&67 and all the ancillary medical developments that have sprouted around Charlton. Hope all of this adds to it and helps define this area of SW Dallas as a more pronounced medical district than it currently is. Time will tell I guess as Parkland, Children's and UTSW move in. Least those are good higher paying jobs. It would be nice to see somebody come in and build something new along Camp Wisdom. Once you get away from the mall its kind of a mess.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 01 Sep 2021 14:10

There may not be many neighborhoods in North Texas that need more medical care facilities than this area.... Poor folks have problem with retail groceries as retail medicine... No one will build a shop unless there's plenty of disposable income... It's disgraceful.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 05 Oct 2021 12:25

$200 million RedBird redo will be ready next year
First phases of Southwest Dallas shopping mall redevelopment will open next year with office, retail and apartments.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... next-year/

Starbucks opened its first southern Dallas location at RedBird in 2018.

“That Starbucks is the number three Starbucks in the Metroplex,” Brodsky said. “We have several other restaurants we will be announcing shortly.

“We have turned the corner in terms of proving out the viability of the project.”

Construction is set to start soon on a combination Courtyard by Marriott and Residence Inn hotel, he said.

The community is hoping for a supermarket, he said.

“We are working very hard to try and attract a grocer,” Brodsky said. “The area has such undeserved negative reputation that grocers are reluctant.

“We need a Trader Joe’s — believe me, that is on the agenda.”

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 05 Oct 2021 12:59

They wont get a Trader Joes the demographics aren't there plus look at where all the Trader Joes have opened in DFW in white neighborhoods. I wish Trader Joes was willing to make that leap but they wont they market to affluent white people in urban and suburban developments. I hope they can get a grocery store that is full service cause honestly they need and deserve better than a Trader Joes.
“Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell”

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 01 Feb 2022 09:42

Kids Foot Locker with games and expanded merchandise opens at RedBird
The new construction outside the former Southwest Center Mall also houses Foot Locker and Champs stores.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/ret ... t-redbird/

Foot Locker has opened its second Kids Foot Locker “House of Play” store in the U.S. at the RedBird redevelopment in southern Dallas. The other “House of Play” store opened in December in Miami, and more are planned for later this year.

The store, which is organized by age group starting with baby and toddler, has several play areas interspersed among the apparel and shoe displays. It opened over the weekend and completes a trio of Foot Locker concepts at RedBird, with the adult store and a Champs Sports that both opened in March 2020. The three stores take up a total of 15,000 square feet.

Cbdallas

Postby Cbdallas » 01 Feb 2022 11:07

Is that the original Sanger Harris façade mural?

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 01 Feb 2022 11:09

Cbdallas wrote:Is that the original Sanger Harris façade mural?

Yes, but I don't know how old that picture is. I have not been by for a long while to see if that is still there.

itsjrd1964

Postby itsjrd1964 » 01 Feb 2022 11:43

It would be nice to see one of those mosaics saved and donated to the DMA (like the "Genesis" mosaic that came from the old Stewart building on N. Central). I'm sick of hearing the old/tired "it had asbestos" excuse when it comes to not saving any of the Sanger Harris mosaics. Precious few of them exist now--at least one should be saved.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 07 Feb 2022 14:58

$1.7 million wanted for Courtyard and Residence Inn hotel at Red Bird

https://oakcliff.advocatemag.com/2022/0 ... velopment/

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 17 Feb 2023 10:12

Children’s Medical set to begin work on clinic at $200 million RedBird development
Mall redevelopment in Southwest Dallas is one of the largest in the area.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... velopment/

Children’s Medical plans to begin construction in April on its RedBird clinic, according to planning documents filed with the state.

The $22 million, 71,700-square-foot facility will open in 2024, say the details provided to the Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation.

Architect Perkins & Will is designing the space.

dallaz

Postby dallaz » 08 Apr 2023 13:41

Seen this on the Dallas subreddit. Great news for the continued redevelopment of RedBird Mall! I would’ve never believed that RedBird would be further ahead in redevelopment than the current Valley View site, but here we are lol :lol:

Tom Thumb seeks $5.8 million in incentives from Dallas to build at RedBird

The Dallas city council will consider incentives Wednesday for a Tom Thumb supermarket to be built in southern Dallas’ RedBird business district.

The city’s economic development staff is recommending the council approve tax incentives up to $5.8 million, mostly from property tax abatements and a sales tax grant, according to a preliminary agenda for Wednesday’s scheduled meeting filed late Friday. The incentives require that the store creates at least 90 jobs paying an average of $15 an hour. The building must be a minimum of 45,000 square feet and open by April 2026.

City Council members have long worked to bring more grocery stores to the southern Dallas area. Tom Thumb has a store in Oak Cliff on Hampton Road and in Duncanville and DeSoto, but no locations in southern Dallas. The longtime Dallas grocery brand has been owned by Idaho-based Albertsons since 2015. Tom Thumb has key dominant locations in some of Dallas’ oldest and upscale neighborhoods including Lakewood, Preston Hollow and the Park Cities.

rono3849

Postby rono3849 » 08 Apr 2023 18:26

Red Bird thrives as Valley View has become a wasteland. This is on the city of Dallas' planners. What a disgrace.

Addison

Postby Addison » 08 Apr 2023 18:27

Imagine giving a mediocre store that's notorious for being ridiculously expensive incentives to open a new location...

dallaz

Postby dallaz » 09 Apr 2023 16:48

Addison wrote:Imagine giving a mediocre store that's notorious for being ridiculously expensive incentives to open a new location...

I mean, given that the area lacks a lot of quality grocers…I think this is a win for the area. Also, HEB owns the old Albertsons on Wheatland in the Red Bird area too. A lot of positive momentum occurring in the area. Hopefully, this will be a start for even better things to come.

dallaz

Postby dallaz » 09 Apr 2023 16:49

rono3849 wrote:Red Bird thrives as Valley View has become a wasteland. This is on the city of Dallas' planners. What a disgrace.

I’m so incredibly disappointed with that. That was suppose to help support the redevelopment efforts at RedBird. But it seems like that hasn’t slowed down redevelopment.

Addison

Postby Addison » 09 Apr 2023 19:11

dallaz wrote:
Addison wrote:Imagine giving a mediocre store that's notorious for being ridiculously expensive incentives to open a new location...

I mean, given that the area lacks a lot of quality grocers…I think this is a win for the area. Also, HEB owns the old Albertsons on Wheatland in the Red Bird area too. A lot of positive momentum occurring in the area. Hopefully, this will be a start for even better things to come.

I'm all for the grocery store. Just not the incentives.

dallaz

Postby dallaz » 09 Apr 2023 19:50

Addison wrote:
dallaz wrote:

TBH I typically wouldn’t be in support of it either. But since there’s a need for better options in the area, I’m more supportive of it. I can see what Peter Brodsky is trying to do. Everything that has been completed, has been successful. The residential is 100% occupied. The Starbucks, which many doubted would even be successful is the 3rd highest grossing in the city. Parkland, Childern’s, UT Southwestern all joining the redevelopment, creating a mini medical district for Southern Dallas Co (Charlton Methodist is right down the street too). That’s a great way to keep steady traffic and also serve the community. The new retail plaza looks like it’s doing well. It still has a long way to go, but I’m honestly surprised redevelopment has made it this far. Especially, after growing up in Southern Dallas and hearing all the redevelopment or investment that never truly materializes.

vman

Postby vman » 10 Apr 2023 12:34

dallaz wrote:
Addison wrote:

TBH I typically wouldn’t be in support of it either. But since there’s a need for better options in the area, I’m more supportive of it. I can see what Peter Brodsky is trying to do. Everything that has been completed, has been successful. The residential is 100% occupied. The Starbucks, which many doubted would even be successful is the 3rd highest grossing in the city. Parkland, Childern’s, UT Southwestern all joining the redevelopment, creating a mini medical district for Southern Dallas Co (Charlton Methodist is right down the street too). That’s a great way to keep steady traffic and also serve the community. The new retail plaza looks like it’s doing well. It still has a long way to go, but I’m honestly surprised redevelopment has made it this far. Especially, after growing up in Southern Dallas and hearing all the redevelopment or investment that never truly materializes.

I went to Breakfast Brothers with a friend at Red Bird a few weeks ago and was very impressed with the redevelopment.

I've always thought that given its location and demographics, Irving Mall would be prime for redevelopment. I don't think it's as dead as Red Bird was...yet, but with the success of this redevelopment, it seems like someone's eyes would be on Irving.

dallaz

Postby dallaz » 12 Apr 2023 13:22

vman wrote:
dallaz wrote:
Addison wrote:

I went to Breakfast Brothers with a friend at Red Bird a few weeks ago and was very impressed with the redevelopment.

I've always thought that given its location and demographics, Irving Mall would be prime for redevelopment. I don't think it's as dead as Red Bird was...yet, but with the success of this redevelopment, it seems like someone's eyes would be on Irving.

Fr! I feel like what’s being done here can be a model for other dying malls in a similar area as well.
Last edited by dallaz on 12 Apr 2023 13:31, edited 1 time in total.

dallaz

Postby dallaz » 12 Apr 2023 13:26

Dallas approved $5.8 million incentives for new Tom Thumb supermarket at RedBird

RedBird owner and developer Brodsky said “serious talks” with Tom Thumb’s parent company Albertsons started about 18 months ago. He expects permits, design work and the securing of financing to put the construction start in early 2024 and the store opening in early 2025.

Tom Thumb fills requests from area residents to have a high-quality grocer with fresh and prepared foods, Brodsky said.

“Tom Thumb is where I shop,” Brodsky said. “If we came in with a lower end, discount grocer or one with limited options, the consumer wouldn’t accept it.”

The property’s 1,500 daytime office, medical and retail workers and 450 residents in the Palladium apartments and surrounding neighborhoods deserve “a class A amenity,” Brodsky said.

“Tom Thumb is allowing us to attract other tenants around them and it’s another validation of the progress we’ve been making,” Maiden said.

RedBird is building 25,000 square feet of new retail space adjacent to the grocery store, he said.

At RedBird, vacant buildings facing Camp Wisdom will soon have tenants, Maiden said. A Chick-Fil-A is under construction east of Starbucks where a Golden Corral closed years ago. Jamba Juice and AT&T just signed leases to fill the former Moving Trading Co. building.

Inside the mall’s west wing, construction begins this fall on a 20,000-square-foot RedBird Rising Fitness Center and Aveda Salon Suites. In May, Dallas College will open a new 50,000-square-foot office for its “Work Ready” program.

Other projects are in the works including the addition of new restaurants and a family entertainment concept. A big construction project to come is the repurposing of the empty Macy’s, Maiden said.

“We still have 33 acres of future development that we haven’t touched yet, plus Macy’s and an entire floor of the former Dillard’s,” Brodsky said. “My philosophy for RedBird has been if it’s not an amenity I wouldn’t utilize, I wouldn’t select it.”

Tivo_Kenevil

Postby Tivo_Kenevil » 17 Apr 2023 08:48

Chime occupying mall space is interesting...I'd rather see redevelopment than repurposing of malls though.

dallaz

Postby dallaz » 17 Apr 2023 16:34

Tivo_Kenevil wrote:Chime occupying mall space is interesting...I'd rather see redevelopment than repurposing of malls though.

A portion of it was torn down. I believe they did a study and it recommended not to completely teardown the mall. I guess, so portions of it can be converted to other uses. Basically, like we’re seeing with the medical facilities taking up old anchor stores.

Other retailers (according to the city council meeting) are bullish on the area due to the amount of investment made. Particularly, from an infrastructure point of view. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see if it really translate to additional development.

Also news clip about the Tom Thumb and shots of the new development as well

https://youtu.be/CnWS9-FZqn4

dallaz

Postby dallaz » 12 Jun 2023 22:27

First look at new expansion to Red Bird Mall in Dallas

https://youtu.be/Dz6xWCKUTbo

Progress pics I’ve seen on Reimagine RedBird Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/reimagineredbird/?hl=en

IMG_4734.jpeg
IMG_4733.jpeg
IMG_4732.jpeg
IMG_4731.jpeg

IMG_4741.jpeg
IMG_4740.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 13 Jun 2023 09:46

Entrepreneur network begins construction on $2.1 million innovation center at Redbird
The DEC Network’s 20,000-square-foot project is at the Shops at Redbird.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/202 ... t-redbird/

rono3849

Postby rono3849 » 15 Jun 2023 00:49

Can you imagine if they had done this to Valley View? Driving by the old Valley View site with the pile of debris now is just stunning to see how urban America can decay so quickly. When the mall became a place for crime and safety issues, the shoppers fled in droves and the stores closed. The death spiral killed the mall. To think it was at one time one of Dallas' premiere malls with Sanger Harris, Sears, Dillards, & Bloomingdales.

dallaz

Postby dallaz » 15 Jun 2023 12:37

rono3849 wrote:Can you imagine if they had done this to Valley View? Driving by the old Valley View site with the pile of debris now is just stunning to see how urban America can decay so quickly. When the mall became a place for crime and safety issues, the shoppers fled in droves and the stores closed. The death spiral killed the mall. To think it was at one time one of Dallas' premiere malls with Sanger Harris, Sears, Dillards, & Bloomingdales.

Yep, every time I see the progress going on at RedBird, I ALWAYS think of Valley View. Like I’ve stated previously on this forum, I’m completely shocked and surprised that redevelopment is moving forward at a pretty good clip.

With Valley View Mall being in an area that’s considered to be a much better location and closer to Dallas’ old money neighborhoods. You’d think redevelopment would’ve taken off much faster. The lack of progress has made that area decline further. SMH. I wish Peter Brodsky bought Valley View too. Just imagine what could’ve been accomplished if he owned that site.

Also - According to the site plan from the video. A lot of the existing parking/undeveloped land is planned for “future development”. Hopefully, the momentum continues to build so that can fully materialize.
IMG_4756.png

R1070

Postby R1070 » 15 Jun 2023 15:30

So good to see positive things down there. The new U.S. 67 upgrade also makes it nicer. Would like to see I-35 from Belt Line to I-20 get an upgrade. It looks pretty rough.