Henderson Avenue Corridor

Tivo_Kenevil

Re: Henderson Avenue Corridor

Postby Tivo_Kenevil » 04 Aug 2023 14:38

This will be a transformative project for Henderson.

Take note Ross Avenue!

malachi896

Postby malachi896 » 04 Aug 2023 15:59

Ross has no chance. Too long of a stretch from downtown to Greenville avenue with too many disparate owners.

thelivingworld

Postby thelivingworld » 04 Aug 2023 21:35

As far as East Dallas the Bryan-Peak commercial district where Bangkok City and Vietnam Restaurant are has a chance to be something, mostly intact intersection of early 20th century commercial buildings with room to grow. Also it was the intersection of two streetcar lines which is why it grew in the first place. St. Martin’s Wine Bistro is moving there from Greenville Ave and a new bakery are opening up there this year and the impending march of the $800,000 townhouses is heading that way.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 04 Aug 2023 22:48

Old East Dallas has the most potential of all Dallas neighborhoods. I'm glad it's been left alone so far.

eburress

Postby eburress » 05 Aug 2023 07:25

I'm sure Oak Cliff and the Design District are up there too, but East Dallas is seems like a big, almost blank canvas. I wonder what would be the draw that would lure development the way Bishop Arts has been for Oak Cliff?

Tivo_Kenevil

Postby Tivo_Kenevil » 10 Aug 2023 11:35

eburress wrote:I'm sure Oak Cliff and the Design District are up there too, but East Dallas is seems like a big, almost blank canvas. I wonder what would be the draw that would lure development the way Bishop Arts has been for Oak Cliff?

The extermination of Car Lots on Ross was supposed to do that... We got 5 over 1s out of it.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 10 Aug 2023 13:47

I think Ross having access to Henderson, Lowest Greenville, Lakewood and Downtown as well as close proximity to Deep Ellum is enough local entertainment. It will be nice to see the street evolve into a more urban and pedestrian friendly area.

malachi896

Postby malachi896 » 16 Aug 2023 10:30

Anyone in the neighborhood know what the Moser House at the collection is supposed to be? Been running by it as they've been building it over the last 6-9 months and it never made sense to me as to what was going up there. Now that it is near completion it looks like mini open offices with a pool and some cabanas on the inside. Doesn't seem like the best return on a standard lot that could have been turned into a strip of 6 townhomes for sale.

LongonBigD

Postby LongonBigD » 16 Aug 2023 14:55

I don't know for certain, but it seems like I saw something that implied it was to be a community amenity (pool, guest house, and/or meeting room) for ALL the COLLECTION properties in the area. Do you know if The Collection is owner-occupied or rentals? If owner-occupied, I agree that would be a waste of resources, but if they are (or may become) rentals, that would be a desired amenity for renters.

OrangeMike

Postby OrangeMike » 16 Aug 2023 17:31

LongonBigD wrote:I don't know for certain, but it seems like I saw something that implied it was to be a community amenity (pool, guest house, and/or meeting room) for ALL the COLLECTION properties in the area. Do you know if The Collection is owner-occupied or rentals? If owner-occupied, I agree that would be a waste of resources, but if they are (or may become) rentals, that would be a desired amenity for renters.

Pretty sure The Collection is all rentals.
https://www.thecollectiondallas.com

The only thing I could find about this particular parcel was Masterplan bragging about getting it through permitting as a rare land use of "accessory community center."
https://masterplantexas.com/results/the-collection/

malachi896

Postby malachi896 » 17 Aug 2023 09:13

Ah interesting. Collection are definitely all rentals. Surprised they were able to get that through permitting given that the properties are all so disparately placed in a decently large radius of a few miles. That 2 block strip of Moser has turned into a random amalgamation of a couple of old single family houses, a couple of duplexes, old and new apartments and strips of new townhouse clusters.

malachi896

Postby malachi896 » 13 Mar 2024 21:35

Looks like the main development on Henderson will be delayed longer. Saw workers making some repairs to the parking lot where Chubbies/Warby Parker used to be and stripe some new parking spots. They seem to be planning on using it as a lot for a while….