Knox District / Knox Park

eburress

Re: Knox District / Knox Park

Postby eburress » 04 Jul 2023 20:38

R1070 wrote:So the area along the trail to the South will be empty?

The development is essentially U-shaped with a small park in the center that's accessible from the Katy Trail.

rono3849

Postby rono3849 » 13 Jul 2023 22:47

This area looks to be one of the hottest in Dallas for new development.

I45Tex

Postby I45Tex » 14 Jul 2023 09:10

Oh sure but that's precisely because its own combination of access, sunk costs, nearby institutions, street scale pattern and fashionable demographics can't be directly competed with in Preston Center, Westover Hills, Las Colinas, Exposition Park, Downtown Denton, Downtown Richardson, Lakewood, Bishop Arts or across the region...

It's the opposite of a replicable point on the cost curve or a proven track record to follow for distinctive rising hotspots elsewhere. In fact, if there were two of them they would cannibalize each other, by Michael Dell and the like not seeing it as a unique future foothold value opportunity unparalleled in its local class.

interestedobserver

Postby interestedobserver » 19 Aug 2023 08:30

Berkley’s Market on Knox is now open (what they’re calling a soft opening).

This morning about half the shelving space was stocked, the coffee bar was open, and work crews were installing some larger appliances.

LongonBigD

Postby LongonBigD » 09 Oct 2023 12:50

Here are excerpts from a Design Forecast Live presentation by Ray Washburne (HPV, Watters Creek, KC's Country Club Plaza and more) as reported in D Magazine. I am posting this here because it mentions the MSD project, the pending demise of Chuy's and the future of Knox Street redevelopment. He mentions the office building piece and condos in the MSD project are "pretty much sold out."

https://www.dmagazine.com/commercial-re ... tting-zoo/

“We also were invited by MSD, which is Michael Dell’s real estate company, to be his partner on his Knox Street redevelopment. We’ve just started that project. The holdings that we’re involved in are not only a site across from Toulouse that we’ve cleared, but also everything from Toulouse all the way down to Central Expressway. Eventually, all of that will be redeveloped as well.

“We secured a 99-year ground lease on Chuy’s, which will come down at the end of the year. We’re going to do a 250,000-foot-office building there, and on the site across from Toulouse, we’ll have a 200,000-square-foot building there. It’s already 100 percent leased, and we haven’t even stuck a shovel in the ground yet.

“Behind that will be an Auberge Resort Collection hotel, with condominiums on top. We’re pretty much sold out, and we’re very encouraged by that. We’re also doing a 350-unit apartment building, and right off the Katy Trail we’ll have a one-acre park that’s surrounded by restaurants and retail.

LongonBigD

Postby LongonBigD » 09 Oct 2023 15:33

Kelley USA wrote:Looks like Boll & Branch will be taking the Hari Mari space...

https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Search/ ... 2023019920

Per the company’s website, “Coming Fall 2023.”
IMG_2847.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 09 Oct 2023 19:45

Very nice. I wish we could get Parachute back...I love their stuff.

Matt777

Postby Matt777 » 10 Oct 2023 23:46

LongonBigD wrote:Here are excerpts from a Design Forecast Live presentation by Ray Washburne (HPV, Watters Creek, KC's Country Club Plaza and more) as reported in D Magazine. I am posting this here because it mentions the MSD project, the pending demise of Chuy's and the future of Knox Street redevelopment. He mentions the office building piece and condos in the MSD project are "pretty much sold out."

“Behind that will be an Auberge Resort Collection hotel, with condominiums on top. We’re pretty much sold out, and we’re very encouraged by that. We’re also doing a 350-unit apartment building, and right off the Katy Trail we’ll have a one-acre park that’s surrounded by restaurants and retail.

Wow, has anyone seen any information or marketing on the condos? I wonder how many. Further proof that the problem is not that Dallas buyers don't want condos, it's that the product delivered in the locations chosen were not what the market desired. The Terminal condos down Buena Vista are also heavily sold before construction is even complete, at a very high price per square foot.

Although I did see Bleu Ciel start marketing "nearing final closeout," despite that not being accurate from the updates we've been seeing on the forum. Just marketing fluff maybe?

MC_ScattCat

Postby MC_ScattCat » 11 Oct 2023 10:46

Maybe the new Hi-Line trail redo my Blue Ciel will help it. Feels like it's on an island right now. I'm sure at some point it won't, but places like around Knox have a lot of street life and neighborhood like feel. I'm a little surprised a mid rise 8-15 story condos are not in development around Trinity Groves or Bishop Arts, but probably not wealthy enough area though.

Cbdallas

Postby Cbdallas » 11 Oct 2023 13:53

I think the real reason we don't see more affordable condo buildings are the HOA fees. Most people in the lower end of the market do not have cash to buy a condo and will have to make a mortgage payment and large HOA monthly fee. It can be daunting to do both.

eburress

Postby eburress » 11 Oct 2023 15:22

Developers don't build affordable condos because even with subsidies, the economics don't support doing so.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 11 Oct 2023 15:50

R1070 wrote:Very nice. I wish we could get Parachute back...I love their stuff.

Agreed. Especially since Austin and Houston have store still.

Warrior2020

Postby Warrior2020 » 29 Nov 2023 12:59

Is this under construction yet?

LongonBigD

Postby LongonBigD » 29 Nov 2023 20:35

Not sure which project you’re asking about. Most have their own thread except for the Chuy’s/Bassett corner.

“We secured a 99-year ground lease on Chuy’s, which will come down at the end of the year. We’re going to do a 250,000-foot-office building there”

If you mean this, it will be a while to vacate Chuy’s and draw plans/permit the office building.

LongonBigD

Postby LongonBigD » 27 Mar 2024 21:09

The remodel of the former Abacus building continues. This has taken a couple years now. Seems like they were close a year ago and now they are making more changes to what will eventually be a new steakhouse (already forgot the name it’s been so long). The building has lost its Asian elements and lots more windows added to McKinney Ave side with access to the new patio going in.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.