Dallas Fort Worth Urban Forum

Restaurants: general news/development

Tucy

Re: Restaurants: general news/development

Postby Tucy » 02 Sep 2021 14:48

THRILLHO wrote:I'm amused they want to call Allen a "Dallas location" but not the North Richland Hills one. Neither are in Dallas, neither are in Dallas county, and they're equally as far from Dallas :lol:

But anyways, I've been to the North Richland Hills one and it was pretty good.

Probably because North Richland Hills is more Fort Worth (Tarrant County; Fort Worth division of the DFW-Arlington metro area)

THRILLHO

Postby THRILLHO » 02 Sep 2021 14:53

Oh I totally understand, I just find it funny. For folks in west Dallas the north richland hills one would probably be more convenient than this "Dallas location." :D
When I read "first Dallas location" I usually expect either the first in all of DFW or the first within the city proper.

Addison

Postby Addison » 02 Sep 2021 15:05

THRILLHO wrote:I'm amused they want to call Allen a "Dallas location" but not the North Richland Hills one. Neither are in Dallas, neither are in Dallas county, and they're equally as far from Dallas :lol:

There's a "Texas BBQ" restaurant based out of Atlanta (called Hattie Marie's) that recently opened an outpost in Hurst, and they also bill that location as "Dallas."

Addison

Postby Addison » 02 Sep 2021 15:09

Tucy wrote:

Probably because North Richland Hills is more Fort Worth (Tarrant County; Fort Worth division of the DFW-Arlington metro area)

I know some Fort Worth / Tarrant County residents can get real salty about this, but many outsiders really do see the entire Metroplex as "Dallas."

Not saying it's right, but that's the perception and perception can be reality.

EDIT: And in all fairness, the Twin Cities have the same thing going on (to many outsiders, it's all "Minneapolis.").

Warrior2020

Postby Warrior2020 » 03 Sep 2021 10:51

Addison wrote:
Tucy wrote:

I know some Fort Worth / Tarrant County residents can get real salty about this, but many outsiders really do see the entire Metroplex as "Dallas."

Not saying it's right, but that's the perception and perception can be reality.

EDIT: And in all fairness, the Twin Cities have the same thing going on (to many outsiders, it's all "Minneapolis.").

This is true. Even when people are bashing "dallas" on other forums talking about how it's bland or whatever I ask them what part of "dallas" do you live in and they always seem to be from Mansfield or little elm or somewhere like that and I'm like that's not dallas!!

Redblock

Postby Redblock » 14 Sep 2021 14:08

Here is a long list of upcoming restaurant openings.

https://dallas.culturemap.com/news/rest ... fall-2021/

Redblock

Postby Redblock » 21 Sep 2021 07:57

I noticed yesterday that the Sweetgreen salad restaurant is in progress to take over the former Brooks Brothers space in West Village. I am guessing a late October opening.

https://dallas.eater.com/2021/3/25/2235 ... inter-2021

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 21 Sep 2021 10:24

Looks like some good changes are finally happening in the West Village some very long time tenants are moving out and spaces that were once retail are now becoming restaurants. I wonder what big change is next.
“Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell”

MrsKravitz

Postby MrsKravitz » 22 Sep 2021 23:27

Agree. Just need to take care of the problem bars a tad further south on McKinney so we can stop having to watch out for gunshots constantly !

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 23 Sep 2021 08:37

I havent heard of any issues south of the West Village on McKinney Avenue in a long time since most of the bar scene moved to Deep Ellum is there as much trouble? I ask this honestly cause all I see are the Deep Ellum headlines and I live in Oak Lawn and was never a Uptown bar hopper. Once Big AL's, Idle Rich, Gingerman and BBC closed I kind of mentally checked out.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 23 Sep 2021 10:25

Someone was standing in the middle of McKinney shooting at a car and a pedestrian was struck. This was just recently.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 23 Sep 2021 11:47

You right I saw that video on the DallasTX Instagram. Based on the trajectory of Uptown with the way places have been rotating out I am sure that kind of behavior is not gonna last much longer.

exelone31

Postby exelone31 » 23 Sep 2021 16:15

DallasTX TV is a national treasure. I believe there have also been multiple instances of people driving cars into S&D Oyster Company (among other businesses).

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 23 Sep 2021 18:49

2 different cars drove through S&D Oyster within the same 6 month period. Less bars, means less people means more runway for the occasional drunk to have a lead foot and create his own drive through restaurant. One of those drive throughs was during dinner service not the crazy 1 am wasted hour many would assume. No one drives through Deep Ellum bars drunk like that because there are too many people and other cars in the way to do so. What is left over in Uptown is a few idiots sure but nothing like Deep Ellum is dealing with these days.

MrsKravitz

Postby MrsKravitz » 26 Sep 2021 15:12

cowboyeagle05 wrote:I havent heard of any issues south of the West Village on McKinney Avenue in a long time since most of the bar scene moved to Deep Ellum is there as much trouble? I ask this honestly cause all I see are the Deep Ellum headlines and I live in Oak Lawn and was never a Uptown bar hopper. Once Big AL's, Idle Rich, Gingerman and BBC closed I kind of mentally checked out.

I wasn’t thinking of that far South of West Village actually. This is not the right thread I’m sure but issue is the gunshot/fights etc at HHH
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 27 Sep 2021 09:56

evidence is evidence and it looks like there are a few contributors to the areas peace and quiet.