Rooftop movie theater to open in Houston

DPatel304

Rooftop movie theater to open in Houston

Postby DPatel304 » 08 Aug 2018 22:16

Houston's new rooftop theater will have you enjoying the feeling of an outdoor movie, all while taking in the views of the city.

Later this fall, Rooftop Cinema Club will be opening its first Houston location theater.

Based out of London, the theater chain already has multiple locations established in New York, San Diego and Los Angeles.

https://abc13.com/3908073/?ex_cid=ktrk_nextdoor

I've never heard of this concept before, but it seems like something that would do well in Dallas, especially seeing as how we have still so much under-developed land right near Downtown Dallas. I'm sure there is some rooftop space in the Design District that could fit an outdoor screen.

Anyway, just to be clear, there is no indication of them even thinking of coming to Dallas. I just saw this was coming to Houston and thought I would share.

HarryMoto

Re: Rooftop movie theater to open in Houston

Postby HarryMoto » 30 Dec 2018 14:49

I just noticed your post on this. I was at the opening of the Houston one and spoke briefly to the president of the company and it seems like Texas is definitely on his radar. He said he fell in love with the Houston location, at Post Oak and San Felipe on top of the Whole Foods/BLVD Place development, but he seems like he is looking elsewhere in Texas. So far, the Houston one seems to be doing well with lots of sold-out shows. So don't be surprised if one comes to Dallas or Austin soon.