Reclaiming Cedar Creek through Oak Cliff

lakewoodhobo

Reclaiming Cedar Creek through Oak Cliff

Postby lakewoodhobo » 06 Aug 2018 13:08

This topic has come up on other threads, and I know Tamtagon is very passionate about this, so I wanted to put it out there. There should be an effort to clean up and reclaim Cedar Creek and eventually connect Kiest Park to the Trinity River. The foundation is there just waiting for a master plan and a long-term vision.

Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 12.50.57 PM.jpg

One thing I'd like to see happen is replacing the warehouse and industrial uses (in red) along the creek with natural habitat and ecosystem restoration.

Peacocks are obviously not native birds, but I know that wild peafowl used to thrive along the creek several decades ago. You can still find them today in the Beckley Club neighborhood, but their numbers are dwindling. Maybe restoring that bird population could be part of this project.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Re: Reclaiming Cedar Creek through Oak Cliff

Postby undefinedprocess » 05 Apr 2022 11:01

lakewoodhobo wrote:This topic has come up on other threads, and I know Tamtagon is very passionate about this, so I wanted to put it out there. There should be an effort to clean up and reclaim Cedar Creek and eventually connect Kiest Park to the Trinity River. The foundation is there just waiting for a master plan and a long-term vision.

Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 12.50.57 PM.jpg

One thing I'd like to see happen is replacing the warehouse and industrial uses (in red) along the creek with natural habitat and ecosystem restoration.

Peacocks are obviously not native birds, but I know that wild peafowl used to thrive along the creek several decades ago. You can still find them today in the Beckley Club neighborhood, but their numbers are dwindling. Maybe restoring that bird population could be part of this project.

Just bumping this thread because I've actually been looking at maps a lot over the past few months and this has been something that's stuck out to me each and every time that'd be so obvious and good to do. Didn't know this thread existed but hey, a reply nearly 4 years later is better than none...