Cedar Hill State Park, Cedar Ridge Preserve, & Dogwood Canyon Audubon Center

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Cedar Hill State Park, Cedar Ridge Preserve, & Dogwood Canyon Audubon Center

Postby undefinedprocess » 05 Apr 2022 11:11

Starting off this thread with the last image I was able to take before my camera was broken by some asshat (about 10 minutes later).
Don't worry, not turning this into a photo-thread. Really just sharing it to 1) serve as a personal reminder to come back here and start the discussion I had in mind and 2) hopefully provide some enjoyment for y'all thanks to an image of DFW's best nature.
Cedar Ridge Preserve Overlook Sunset.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tnexster

Re: Cedar Hill State Park, Cedar Ridge Preserve, & Dogwood Canyon Audubon Center

Postby Tnexster » 28 Apr 2022 14:16

Great place, live nearby and go here often. Have to watch for snakes, lots or corals, copperheads and rattlesnakes.

Tnexster

Re: Cedar Hill State Park, Cedar Ridge Preserve, & Dogwood Canyon Audubon Center

Postby Tnexster » 20 Jul 2023 11:30

Dallas Audubon is negotiating the purchase of 60 additional acres directly adjacent to Cedar Ridge Preserve. This would take all of the land off the table for future development and help the preserve expand with more trails and protected area. Not a ton of info on it yet but they do have a link on their website for donations to make the purchase by the end of the year. https://audubondallas.org/