Northern Suburbs: Parks, Trails, + Misc. Infrastructure

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Northern Suburbs: Parks, Trails, + Misc. Infrastructure

Postby undefinedprocess » 09 Jun 2021 09:55

Didn't know where to put this but wanted to share this and start the conversation related to it. Bird scooters are now (back?) in Plano. Not too sure if Lime ever left, can't remember. Regardless, glad to see more scooters, however it makes me sad they're still gone from Dallas... Sigh.
https://communityimpact.com/dallas-fort-worth/plano/transportation/2021/06/07/electric-scooter-rental-company-bird-rides-now-in-plano/

itsjrd1964

Re: Northern Suburbs: Parks, Trails, + Misc. Infrastructure

Postby itsjrd1964 » 09 Jun 2021 12:47

AFAIK, Bird is the only scooter in Plano. I haven't seen any others.

potatocoins

Postby potatocoins » 09 Jun 2021 15:30

Great news! I really do feel like it's only a matter of time before more companies come back and also end up back in Dallas too.

I know are number of people were careless when riding these, but I really felt like they were generally a positive for our city. I felt like if a destination was close enough, people would be more likely to scooter somewhere rather than hop into an Uber, which means one less car being used and more pedestrians out in the streets.

We obviously need some major improvements made to the infrastructure in order to be able to allow more people to safely ride these around the cities, but I really like that it brings more people out of their cars and onto the streets.

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 11 Jun 2021 10:29

potatocoins wrote:Great news! I really do feel like it's only a matter of time before more companies come back and also end up back in Dallas too.

I know are number of people were careless when riding these, but I really felt like they were generally a positive for our city. I felt like if a destination was close enough, people would be more likely to scooter somewhere rather than hop into an Uber, which means one less car being used and more pedestrians out in the streets.

We obviously need some major improvements made to the infrastructure in order to be able to allow more people to safely ride these around the cities, but I really like that it brings more people out of their cars and onto the streets.

Yeah, seriously. I understand there were idiots doing idiotic things with them, but that doesn't mean everyone should've lost access to them due to the actions of a few. Imagine how nice they would've been to have during the worst of the pandemic, during lockdown.

Anyways, hope they come back sooner than later. Like, tomorrow.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 28 Jun 2021 21:40

Yeah if we judged the need for scooters based on the same measurements we judge cars aka idiots doing dumb things with motorized transportation I would like to choose drunk scooter drivers over drunk car drivers and the millions of lives lost every year because of idiots driving a SUV through buildings, veering into other cars etc. Less F150's smashing into parked cars and in many cases ending multiple innocent families. The idiots aren't the scooters its the operators and guess who is the operator man kind...
“Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell”