Dallas Fort Worth Urban Forum

Downtown - Pacific Plaza Park

Jbarn

Re: Downtown - Pacific Plaza Park

Postby Jbarn » 01 Dec 2019 07:34

texasstar wrote:Urban Park

I have been here a few times now. It is a beautiful park and a great asset for downtown. Now if we could just get people to actually use it.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 01 Dec 2019 13:40

When I drive by I almost always see people in there but it might take a while to get significant traction. I know KW wasn't packed right away.

Jbarn

Postby Jbarn » 01 Dec 2019 18:49

Tnexster wrote:When I drive by I almost always see people in there but it might take a while to get significant traction. I know KW wasn't packed right away.

I think they should have made the children’s area larger - there are 4 swings and a teeter totter, and that’s basically it for the kids.

itsjrd1964

Postby itsjrd1964 » 02 Dec 2019 12:46

Jbarn wrote:
Tnexster wrote:When I drive by I almost always see people in there but it might take a while to get significant traction. I know KW wasn't packed right away.

I think they should have made the children’s area larger - there are 4 swings and a teeter totter, and that’s basically it for the kids.

Could that part of the park be adjusted later (depending on visitor demand and/or realization of an increase in DTD youth population)?