Dallas in VR

lakewoodhobo

Dallas in VR

Postby lakewoodhobo » 06 Aug 2023 14:33

This may not be the right place to ask this, but has anyone ever seen or attempted to create a VR environment set in Dallas?

I would really love to see a VR recreation of the 1936 Centennial Exposition, but I imagine most people—whatever their intentions—would be interested in walking through Downtown Dallas on November 22, 1963.

I've never seen anything that lets you do that, but the technology is easily available. On a whim, I recently bought a PS5 and learned about "Dreams" released in 2019. It's basically a game creation engine that anyone should be able to pick up and use. It doesn't need to be an actual game and you can simply walk through an environment, basically making Fair Park and Downtown Dallas "levels" in a game with no true goal.

So I guess I'm wondering if I'm alone in pursuing this project of creating Dallas in VR and whether anyone else has thoughts on the topic? Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Re: Dallas in VR

Postby tamtagon » 06 Aug 2023 15:58

Aurora people probably would know.

CTroyMathis
Site Admin

Postby CTroyMathis » 13 Aug 2023 14:17

This is actually a really fine idea. Sounds a little easier than other engines.

I've often wondered over many years if I could find a way to feasibly (money/time/learning curve) use Unity or Unreal with assist from a CAD software to do much the same. Not for a game, just for visualization. That sort of walk-through entertainment. Also, for rendering urban development project ideas.

TornadoKegan

Postby TornadoKegan » 01 Oct 2023 18:39

This is something i would love to see.